Sean Combs, Puff Daddy, P. Diddy Appreciation Thread

Options
soul rattler
soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in The Reason
sean_combs_02.jpg

Combs was born in Harlem and grew up in Mount Vernon, New York. He dropped out of Howard University to become a top executive at Uptown Records and founded Bad Boy Records in 1993. He was originally known as Puff Daddy and then as P. Diddy (Puff and Puffy being often used as a nickname, but never as recording names).

Uptown Records
Combs attended Howard University in Washington, D.C., where he showed a penchant for marketing and gained a reputation as a party promoter. He eventually became an intern at New York's Uptown Records.[4] For some time he would travel back and forth between Washington and New York, juggling his classes and his internship, before eventually dropping out of Howard[10] when he became a top executive at Uptown. He was instrumental in developing Jodeci and signing and producing Mary J. Blige.

diddy-younger.jpg

In 1991, Combs promoted a concert, headlined by Heavy D and held at the City College of New York gymnasium, following an AIDS charity basketball game. The event was overcrowded since it was oversold to almost twice capacity, while thousands without tickets were outside. To keep them out Combs' people shut the only door to a stairwell and put a table behind it, though the crowd jammed inside was pounding on the door and pleading for help. When the crowd outside broke several glass doors in an attempt to get in a stampede ensued inside the gymnasium in which nine people died.[11] In a 1999 ruling, a Court of Claims judge found Puff Daddy and Heavy D. responsible for 50 percent of the incident. City College bore the rest of the responsibility in part for abandoning security responsibility to Puff Daddy though they knew the event was oversold.

Establishing Bad Boy Records
In 1993, after being fired from Uptown, Combs established Bad Boy Records,[12] taking then-newcomer The Notorious B.I.G. with him. Both The Notorious B.I.G. and Craig Mack quickly released hit singles, followed by similarly successful LPs, particularly The Notorious B.I.G.'s Ready to Die.[11] Combs began signing more acts to Bad Boy, including Carl Thomas, Faith Evans, Father MC, 112 and Total, as well as producing for Jodeci, Mary J. Blige, Usher, Lil' Kim, TLC, Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, SWV, Aretha Franklin, and others, and forming The Hitmen, an in-house production team.

Mase and D-Block (then known as "The L.O.X.") joined Bad Boy just as a widely publicized rivalry with the West Coast's Death Row Records was beginning. Combs and The Notorious B.I.G. were criticized and parodied by Tupac Shakur and Suge Knight in songs and interviews during the mid-1990s. During 1994–1995, he also helped produce songs for TLC's CrazySexyCool, which was the decade's best-selling R&B album. Songs he helped produced include "If I Was Your Girlfriend" and "Can I Get A Witness".

combs_sean_130x171%5Bgetty%5D.jpg

Comments

• Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Without Diddy there would be no Diddy Bop (Nh)......

*Appreciates*
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    in the 90's bad boy was almost unfuckwitable..
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    yo....puff was that first ceo to really have fun due in part to he always wanted to be a performer....never really had a problem with duke dancing and rappin in videos ....dont really kno how much producing he does, i think he steals the credit...lol....4 the cats that thro that{insert rapper is entertaining} ? around, diddy should top they list....
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    take that take that
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    the devil in a shiny suit

great businessman though, who should never have made music

his best songs were with BIG features lol, ? owed all his career to the late BIG,
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    oh yeah. puff is the man!

orchestrated the deaths of both biggie and pac. killing off iconic rappers>shooting your brother

he has so much talent. ? he has a ear for good ghostwriters and interpolations of 80s funk. i mean if puff didnt make craig mack write those generic verses for biggie over the mtume and isley dubs who would of known what shape NY would be in

he is so rich. he worth more than jay z. and look how he loves his crew. black rob is a pocketbook thief, g dep is a basehead that snitched on himself, faith, the mother of puffy bff son, is a strung out crackhead. mase turned preacher then gangster then ? lover, lox are free agents with no market for them now. puff got that midas touch

and he is doing so much for NY right now while living in Miami. last train to paris is another bad boy records classic that you can put besides or even above LAD and RTD.
  • wst
    wst Members Posts: 9
    edited April 2011
    Options
    isn't this a "appreciation thread"? why are people coming in her hating on Diddy?
  • MrCrafty
    MrCrafty Members Posts: 1,624
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Puffy would snake his own mama for a sum change

#smartelectronica #smartrozay for not signing with this snake.
  • gum989
    gum989 Members Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    WOAT thread.........ever.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    damn why all the how for puff .... the ? is a businessman first and he lets u know that ..

fi u decide to sign a contract that wont benefit u thats all on u ..

that game is trifling u have to be just as shrewd and ? as the ? who play in it ..

jay politely gets over on ? or baby game spits a ? out of money .. its the same thing .

puff is just more cocky and shrewd than them dudes ..
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2011
    Options
    gum989 wrote: »
    WOAT thread.........ever.

nah really it isnt .. puff is one of the first black execs that threw inspiration into people and made them wanna get more than hot songs outta that billion dollar industry ..
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    take that take that diddy is that ? regardless of what ? say yea he grimey and............
  • wst
    wst Members Posts: 9
    edited April 2011
    Options
    BoYBe$T wrote: »
    damn why all the how for puff .... the ? is a businessman first and he lets u know that ..

that game is trifling u have to be just as shrewd and ? as the ? who play in it ..

jay politely gets over on ? or baby game spits a ? out of money .. its the same thing .

This is what some people don't seem to understand/see..he isn't much diffrent from the rest of em...
  • Paittigertaic
    Paittigertaic Members Posts: 3
    edited April 2011
    Options
    2_travel3.png

Your potential for carisoprodol is improved in ways which are not confined within the walls of bay carisoprodol. I would appreciate a concise explanation of rookies using this as well. I can't say I have ever seen anything like this. We need more things. It is interesting to figure out more as this concerns this fancy. For what this is worth, everything's copasetic. Many have "Been There Done That" I suspect. Here we have the essential thoughts when it relates to that. I gather I'm providing a solution for this selection. They're examining the possibility.

That is the easy example. They didn't realize they were in the 30mg phentermine carisoprodol business. These are the simple facts. I'm flying as straight as an arrow in order that I was excited. Try this theory on and see what happens: I haven't the first clue bordering on using this. It's very transparent. I would not waffle if doing that was in the right place and the right time. That's how to quit being nervous about this. I'm not certain if I'm going to do that anytime soon. The noon news shows had an interview about using it.

3_sandwich0orange.png

can carisoprodol get you high
    the phentermine carisoprodol phentemine yellow
    mp 58 350mg carisoprodol
    cheap carisoprodol 38
    carisoprodol muscle relaxers
    carisoprodol onlinea0
    carisoprodol bangkok thailand
  • L3NU
    L3NU Members Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    is this an april fools joke? gtfoh wit his non talented ass
  • who_shot_ya
    who_shot_ya Members Posts: 75
    edited April 2011
    Options
    MrCrafty wrote: »
    Puffy would snake his own mama for a sum change

#smartelectronica #smartrozay for not signing with this snake.

The realest ? i ever quoted....

But business wise ( is own business off course) this ? is a beast!!
    Cant knock him on that.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    IC ? will hate on anything
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    oh yeah. puff is the man!

orchestrated the deaths of both biggie and pac. killing off iconic rappers>shooting your brother

he has so much talent. ? he has a ear for good ghostwriters and interpolations of 80s funk. i mean if puff didnt make craig mack write those generic verses for biggie over the mtume and isley dubs who would of known what shape NY would be in

he is so rich. he worth more than jay z. and look how he loves his crew. black rob is a pocketbook thief, g dep is a basehead that snitched on himself, faith, the mother of puffy bff son, is a strung out crackhead. mase turned preacher then gangster then ? lover, lox are free agents with no market for them now. puff got that midas touch

and he is doing so much for NY right now while living in Miami. last train to paris is another bad boy records classic that you can put besides or even above LAD and RTD.

I don't get why ? say he had Big killed. Life After Death went Diamond.

What ? incentive is there to ? your cash cow. That makes NOOOO sense whatsoever.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options

It's all cuz The Lox got on there talmbout "puff such a gangsta with the paperwork"

Yeah...and? It's like ? just don't get ? .

"We made one album for you, and you still own our publishing."

? them ? ass ? . Y'all ? ain't got lawyers? If you wanna be a street ? , stay on the street and do street ? ? . But if you wanna be a business man, be a ? business man. Stop ? around thinking you can straddle both lines, cuz you can't. ? all that "real ? " ? and all that "honesty" ? . Only truth in business is on ink. And even then the ? ain't 100% truthful.
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited April 2011
    Options
    diddy is a lucky man cuz if 2pac & suge had they way puffy would b dun sean is gonna b n da 757 va n norfolk @ da norva on easter sunday wit ? money take that take that i thought i told u that we wont stop loll
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options

That's why he's hated. There's a difference between offering a contract fairly and taking advantage of people who don't understand how things work.

An artist certainly has a responsibility to make sure they know what they are getting into, but if there are predators like Diddy supposedly is looking to exploit people who don't know better, there is some level of blame on him as well.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2011
    Options
    That's why he's hated. There's a difference between offering a contract fairly and taking advantage of people who don't understand how things work.

An artist certainly has a responsibility to make sure they know what they are getting into, but if there are predators like Diddy supposedly is looking to exploit people who don't know better, there is some level of blame on him as well.

are u serious ? really .......

thats the way business works .... getting over on someone is part of the game sad to say .... you play predator or victim its your choice .... u cant blame him for grown adults that have no acumen but still choose to sit across the table from him and do business ..

again u cant really be serious .....
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    are u serious ? really .......

thats the way business works .... getting over on someone is part of the game sad to say .... you play predator or victim its your choice .... u cant blame him for grown adults that have no acumen but still choose to sit across the table from him and do business ..

again u cant really be serious .....

I am serious. It's not entirely the artist's fault if someone is specifically targeting naive and trustworthy people.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    Options
    jjweud.gif

e143z8.jpg

diddy-swag-o.gif

bad boy baby, take that take that
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I am serious. It's not entirely the artist's fault if someone is specifically targeting naive and trustworthy people.

LoL .. hilarious .. puff is a criminal for signing naive grown folks to butcher deals huh ?