Never had A Smart phone? Iphone 4 or Samsung galaxy s2??

jay83
jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in IllTek
I always had a basic phone. But I want to try a smart phone out.

Are iphones really that good?

or is it better to wait for samsung galaxy s2?

or just get any smart phone because they are all the same and overpriced??

Comments

• Got Em Shook
    Got Em Shook Members Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Stick with androids son
  • dcforlife
    dcforlife Members Posts: 10
    edited April 2011
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Do you mean the iPhone 4 or the iPhone 5? The iPhone 5 is coming out around the same time as the SG2 in the US. Those two are comparable and are on a similar level in quality. The SGS2 is pretty much better than the iPhone 4 in every way though.

That said, being that you're upgrading from a basic phone, I'm pretty sure you'd be happy with an iPhone 4 or any current smartphone for that matter. The functionality that even the most basic smartphones have over normal phones is pretty substantial. Considering you've gone this long with a normal phone, you're probably not someone who has to have the top of the line, so you could save yourself some money and just get one of the cheaper Android Phones like the Droid Incredible or the Samsung Fascinate (if you're on Verizon). Both are good phones and cheaper than the iPhone 4. If you really like Apple products then you can go for the iPhone 4. Either way, you'll upgrade your phone status big time without killing your pocket.

If you wait for the SGS2 you'll be on the cutting edge since a lot of tests have it performing pretty high when compared to the next wave of smartphones. That said Verizon is charging $300 for the Samsung Charge which isn't special at all, so one can only imagine what they are going to charge for the SGS2.
  • kevmic
    kevmic Members Posts: 1,888 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    jay83 wrote: »
    I always had a basic phone. But I want to try a smart phone out.

Are iphones really that good?

or is it better to wait for samsung galaxy s2?

or just get any smart phone because they are all the same and overpriced??

Depends on your service plan

Iphones are good phones. But they will have a new one out like every year so it's a money trap, which is typical of Apple.

Samsung Galaxy was a pretty glitchy phone. Good but too many issues with the software. The Galaxy 2 might be improved but I doubt it.

If you wanna go Android, stick to either Motorola or HTC phones. Both make really good Android Phones. HTC has the Thunderbolt out through Verizon which is really fast. But in a few weeks, Motorola will be dropping the Droid Bionic. I have a Droid X right now and will be upgrading to the Bionic. But overall android has the best and biggest selection of phones.
  • gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    white iphone 4 comes out tomorrow and iphone 5 comes out in september