Comments

• themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Another ? u to gamestop
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    If publishers were smart they would make deals to sell games at a cheaper price on PSN and XBL

That way, people can never trade it in.

You cut the cost of shipping/receiving, stamping discs, stocking fees, price of disc (bluray/dvd), price of instruction manual, price of disc case, etc.......AND the middle man(gamestop, walmart, bestbuy) no longer gets a cut of the money.

They could easily afford to sell games for $45 on PSN instead of $60.

That's how Digital Distribution could take off. If gamers can actually save money from it. Otherwise, what's the point in downloading a game from PSN when I can buy it for the exact same price without having to take up any GB space on my harddrive.

These publishers want all the benefits of Digital Distribution, but what do they offer gamers in return right now? Nothing.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    If publishers were smart they would make deals to sell games at a cheaper price on PSN and XBL

That way, people can never trade it in.

You cut the cost of shipping/receiving, stamping discs, stocking fees, price of disc (bluray/dvd), price of instruction manual, price of disc case, etc.......AND the middle man(gamestop, walmart, bestbuy) no longer gets a cut of the money.

They could easily afford to sell games for $45 on PSN instead of $60.

That's how Digital Distribution could take off. If gamers can actually save money from it. Otherwise, what's the point in downloading a game from PSN when I can buy it for the exact same price without having to take up any GB space on my harddrive.

These publishers want all the benefits of Digital Distribution, but what do they offer gamers in return right now? Nothing.

No thanks I prefer to have it my hand and have a collection
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011

Same here......
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011

thats cuz you're used to having "it" in your hand, i saw you on tugjobs .com ?
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    I'm done buying games for 60 bucks this generation, I wont ever buy any games on release date until the price drops for the rest of this gen
  • Indy8503 HD
    Indy8503 HD Members Posts: 554
    edited March 2011
    I'm done buying games for 60 bucks this generation, I wont ever buy any games on release date until the price drops for the rest of this gen

PSN download speeds can be slow as hell no thanks on that.

I think every franchise that releases every year and single player only games shouldn't be $60. After all that eatin' I did on Amazon last November it made me question paying $60 for games period.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    ^^Ever since I started ? with Amazon, I've only been paying $38-40 for every new game I buy and still get it on release date. They stay handing out $20 off coupons.
  • love yal
    love yal Members Posts: 1,327
    edited March 2011
    Playing Mortal Kombat on online sounds pretty cool...but the game are they going to have the run button..like mortal kombat 3..for easyier faster and hotter combatation?..when is Mortal Kombat the rebirth..movie coming out...or has anyone seen the whole film?
  • Bcotton5
    edited March 2011
    love yal wrote: »
    Playing Mortal Kombat on online sounds pretty cool...but the game are they going to have the run button..like mortal kombat 3..for easyier faster and hotter combatation?..when is Mortal Kombat the rebirth..movie coming out...or has anyone seen the whole film?

Yea I always fall for the hype and buy games on release date, then they only get played for like 2 weeks before I shelve em, I need to start renting games
    PSN download speeds can be slow as hell no thanks on that.

I think every franchise that releases every year and single player only games shouldn't be $60. After all that eatin' I did on Amazon last November it made me question paying $60 for games period.

theres no run button, its kinda like MK2 especially the combo system
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    No........NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

? that online pass ? , EA does the same and they have the most ? servers ever known to man, half of my fifa online matches never made it to the final whizzle, ? actually made me quit playing fifa online. I dont know how they can get away with that ? .
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    dont care, ill be buying this first day.
  • swag_of_krypton
    swag_of_krypton Members Posts: 935
    edited April 2011
    Dope. Already got it reserved for the X-Box.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    LMAO @ paying $60 a game + more $ for online pass, ill pay $60 for a ? new HDD TB with the entire PS3 collection on it...#? $ony
    50cent-bert.gif
  • joshuaboy
    edited April 2011
    louis rich wrote: »
    paying $60 a game + more $ for online pass, ill pay $60 for a ? new HDD TB with the entire PS3 collection on it...#? $ony
    50cent-bert.gif

facepalm.jpg

If you pay $ 60 for a game, then you deserve this for paying more for online pass.
  • joshuaboy
    edited April 2011
    The Jamel wrote: »
    already got it preordered, Terrorist Jones is my first victim, then my punk ass brother...

You gonna make T. Jones break another system .
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Bcotton5
    edited April 2011
    which one of these threads is the MK thread?

Best trailer yet lol:

Johnny Cage:Fight ?
  • Bcotton5
    edited April 2011
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    YOU pay $ 60 for a game, then YOU deserve this for paying more for online pass.

correction...Me play online 4 free....:)
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011

Probably already figured it out, but if you buy the game new, you don't have to buy an online pass. It's only for people picking the game up used since developers don't see any profit when people buy games used.
  • joshuaboy
    edited April 2011

If you pay $ 60 for a game, I assume you're buying it new, then you DO NOT PAY for Online Pass. You only pay for Online Pass if you have a used game.
  • liljunior12785
    liljunior12785 Members Posts: 9
    edited April 2011
    Anyone know when the XBOX demo drops