getting rid of the belly fat

mike06
mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in The Weight Room
been workin out for about a month and i've lost about 15 lbs but now im stuck at around the 214-216lb range and im wondering if it's merely the belly fat that's literally stuck to me on the inside so are there any tips on how to get rid of it....right now i do p90X and run on a treadmill at work from time to time and when the weather warms up im going to start playing basketball for more cardio, but i wanna flat stomach(or flatter than what i got now) by the end of april and hopefully more definition by at least memorial day...please help

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Step up cardio, step away from the table
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Stop drinkin beer.
  • mike06
    edited April 2011
    i dont drink beer.....how much more cardio?....i already do about an hour
  • gr8VALue
    gr8VALue Members Posts: 221 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Are you dieting right?

You can do all the cardio & exercise you want but if you're not eating the right foods none of that will matter
  • mike06
    edited April 2011
    gr8VALue wrote: »
    Are you dieting right?

You can do all the cardio & exercise you want but if you're not eating the right foods none of that will matter

yeah kind of....im not eating fried foods...i eat alot of chicken and green vegetables.....fruit....lots of water...not sure what my calorie intake is during the day but im not stuffin my face at all like that
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Your cardio range is cool you don't have to OD on it but you can step it up B.Try interval cardio since your already doing P90X. What's wack is that the stomach is the last to fully go. Diet is said to be 60% of your results, Harrison can help you with that calorie intake system yo. Some people add a light weight high rep routine but some say lift heavy build muscle because muscle burns more fat. Some people have a mandatory leg day at the beginning of the week because it releases your natural test into your body for the rest of the week. So see what gets you better results everyone is different. It's a whole lot of trial and some error. This ? is dedication.

Also don't be scared to use that aerobics ball B to do different crunches either I use to look at women like that's some ol weak ass ? . But that ? kills.
  • mike06
    edited April 2011
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    Your cardio range is cool you don't have to OD on it but you can step it up B.Try interval cardio since your already doing P90X. What's wack is that the stomach is the last to fully go. Diet is said to be 60% of your results, Harrison can help you with that calorie intake system yo. Some people add a light weight high rep routine but some say lift heavy build muscle because muscle burns more fat. Some people have a mandatory leg day at the beginning of the week because it releases your natural test into your body for the rest of the week. So see what gets you better results everyone is different. It's a whole lot of trial and some error. This ? is dedication.

Also don't be scared to use that aerobics ball B to do different crunches either I use to look at women like that's some ol weak ass ? . But that ? kills.

good points
  • robdaze151
    robdaze151 Banned Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    maybe you just have a lot of belly fat.
    Keep at it. you'll get the results you need
  • mike06
    edited April 2011
    do fat burner pills work in taking some of that off?...in combination with the exercise and diet?
  • robdaze151
    robdaze151 Banned Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    most fat burners just make you ? a lot.
  • babafryo
    babafryo Members Posts: 679 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Find your daily calorie intake maintenance level and reduce that by 500 in addition to burning calories exercising :tu You can be eating all the healthy ? in the world but if you are at or over your maintenance level, you wont lose the weight/fat. Portion control is another key point. If you need help finding your maintenance level, hit me up via PM :tu Also, if you want to take a fat burner (I take OxyElite PRO) you have to MAKE SURE your diet and cardio game are on point. The fat burners simply speed up the process of losing weight/fat, granted you work with them :tu Like everyone else is saying, you CANT spot reduce and since the stomach usually houses the most fat, it'll be the last thing to go. CONSISTENCY is key here :tu
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Dont take short cuts do work.. if u aint a "runner" play ball or whatever sport you play.. that ? will melt off it you do everything else right meaning diet and get those crunches in..
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    WallH wrote: »
    Find your daily calorie intake maintenance level and reduce that by 500 in addition to burning calories exercising :tu You can be eating all the healthy ? in the world but if you are at or over your maintenance level, you wont lose the weight/fat. Portion control is another key point. If you need help finding your maintenance level, hit me up via PM :tu Also, if you want to take a fat burner (I take OxyElite PRO) you have to MAKE SURE your diet and cardio game are on point. The fat burners simply speed up the process of losing weight/fat, granted you work with them :tu Like everyone else is saying, you CANT spot reduce and since the stomach usually houses the most fat, it'll be the last thing to go. CONSISTENCY is key here :tu

Good ? spoken right here. The only thing I'd do different is that I wouldn't ? with the fat burners. I've had bad experiences with them (fast heartbeat, tightening of the chest, heavy breathing, etc).
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Good ? spoken right here. The only thing I'd do different is that I wouldn't ? with the fat burners. I've had bad experiences with them (fast heartbeat, tightening of the chest, heavy breathing, etc).
    Yeah, everyones body doesnt repsond the same to them. My experience with them has been positive though :tu
  • jefe_asombroso
    jefe_asombroso Members Posts: 100
    edited April 2011
    You may have hit a plateau if you haven't switched up your workout. When you body can anticipate whats going to happen, the muscles are less stimulated.
  • mike06
    edited April 2011
    WallH wrote: »

good lookin out
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    HIIT

High Intensity Interval Training.....use this concept along with your normal cardio and diet right....you'll get there trust.
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    It's a fact belly fat is the first to come in and the last to go. The ? is very stubborn. However You can't spot focus (ie: doing 500 sit ups a day, etc) CARDIO is how to lose belly fat- it's not a overnight thing though. I'm doing it myself. Also try getting yourself a belly burner belt. They carry these at Sports authority and cost about $18
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    HIIT

High Intensity Interval Training.....use this concept along with your normal cardio and diet right....you'll get there trust.

that ? is serious!!!!!!!!!!!!! it really does work!!! if ur a beginner, u probably shouldnt try it asap, get ur weight down, cause when u go full speed, it shocks ur body and u dont wanna go half speed, u can really lose alot of weight if u do it properly
  • opiie562
    opiie562 Members Posts: 962 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    IS IT POSSIBLE to smoke weed/cigarettes and still lose weight/build muscle
  • opiie562
    edited May 2011
    I understand dieting and exercising. I'm gonna go back to playing ball everyday like how i use to. i'm 5'8" and weigh close to 170, which ain't bad, but i see my gut and lowkey my man ? starting to show more.

i'll drink water throught the day, cut fast food for a while.

ya'll ever heard of Tava Tea? if so, how many cups would you drink during the day/week?

also, is it possible to smoke weed/cigarettes and still lose weight??
  • Craig Robinson
    Craig Robinson Members Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
  • opiie562
    edited May 2011
    i'm saying i always hear people say to not smoke, but why??

i understand if your doing cardio, your stamina game may not be up to par, but i'm the type of dude who smokes and don't be getting the munchies really. and if anything, after a meal, when i smoke a cigg, i gotta go straight to the toilet, as if it boosts my metabolism up.
  • opiie562
    edited May 2011
    you hear of tava tea before