IMO Big Boy Records>Cash Money and No Limit in the 90's

Options
BlackAX410
BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in The Face Off Forum
Man I personally think Big Boy records was the most versatile, talented, lyrical record label in New Orleans back in the 90's. Im surprised that only 2 people (Mystikal and Fiend) made it too bigtime status idk why that is tho I seriously dont think those record labels were ? wit big boy records

Comments

• BlackAX410
    edited April 2011
    Options
    dam, neva heard of none of this ? .

good drop homie. Ghetto Twins was on No Limit too.

To answer yo question tho, seems like Big Boy Records didn't have as much hustle as P and Baby. From the looks of it, the label just folded and P bought a couple of his artist and shined.
    yea I think No Limit bout out Partners in crime too ? crazy tho I find most of this ? on accident that ? Tim Smooth was nice as ? an underrated lyricist foreal
  • BlackAX410
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I think that ? Tim Smooth migh be the best lyricist from New Orleans
  • BlackAX410
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Damn if ya'll come in this thread you can at least leave some type of input if ya'll agree or disagree sumthin i dont want this ? to die
  • ratchet bity
    ratchet bity Members Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    they was cool but not ? wid cash money or no limit but damn near every rapper from 90s n.o. label hopped from parkway pumpin to big boy to cash money/no limit
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    they might have had the talent first but No Limit and Cash Money did the most with it
  • ratchet bity
    edited April 2011
    Options
    yea I think No Limit bout out Partners in crime too ? crazy tho I find most of this ? on accident that ? Tim Smooth was nice as ? an underrated lyricist foreal

yea i neva understand why when people talk bout best out da n.o. nobody mentions tim smooth or big mike
  • BlackAX410
    edited April 2011
    Options
    they was cool but not ? wid cash money or no limit but damn near every rapper from 90s n.o. label hopped from parkway pumpin to big boy to cash money/no limit

damn whoever was the manager at Big Boy was ? up cuz I think they were a lil more lyrical then the dudes out the other camps
  • BigMeatball
    BigMeatball Members Posts: 390
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Ghetto Twins was never on No Limit, they was on I'm Bout It Soundtrack, but they signed with Rap A Lot. They still round here rappin at clubs and ? . PNC with Juvie right now. A few producers from Big Boy went with P and Beats by the Pound. Big Boy was the ? back then, but they didn't have the vision that P had. That's why they didn't do much. And Cash Money just was in the right place at the right time. P opened the door for N.O. Labels and Universal gave Baby and Slim a big deal. Juvie went 4x platinum with 400 Degrees and the rest is history. O yeah, Tim Smooth was a beast. I was in High School in the 90's and used to listen to that ? on my way to school. The 90's in da N.O. Was super dangerous, but that was the best years of my life.
  • BlackAX410
    edited April 2011
    Options
    yea i neva understand why when people talk bout best out da n.o. nobody mentions tim smooth or big mike

why do you think they didn't blow up??? cuz both of em were nice as ? I remember Playa Playa and Havin Thangs by Big Mike
  • BlackAX410
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Ghetto Twins was never on No Limit, they was on I'm Bout It Soundtrack, but they signed with Rap A Lot. They still round here rappin at clubs and ? . PNC with Juvie right now. A few producers from Big Boy went with P and Beats by the Pound. Big Boy was the ? back then, but they didn't have the vision that P had. That's why they didn't do much. And Cash Money just was in the right place at the right time. P opened the door for N.O. Labels and Universal gave Baby and Slim a big deal. Juvie went 4x platinum with 400 Degrees and the rest is history. O yeah, Tim Smooth was a beast. I was in High School in the 90's and used to listen to that ? on my way to school. The 90's in da N.O. Was super dangerous, but that was the best years of my life.
    oh ight thanx for clearin that up and ur right with the right vision Big Boy coulda been bigtime like the other 2 labels
  • ratchet bity
    edited April 2011
    Options
    why do you think they didn't blow up??? cuz both of em were nice as ? I remember Playa Playa and Havin Thangs by Big Mike

hell yea big mike was a beast and he killed them geto boys album i know he got locked up fo a while they both shouldve blew tim neva signed with a label worth mentioning. if they wouldve signed with no limit or cash money them ? would be considered legends
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    real ? mystikals first album is probably one of the most original hip hop albums ever made
  • BlackAX410
    edited April 2011
    Options
    hell yea big mike was a beast and he killed them geto boys album i know he got locked up fo a while they both shouldve blew tim neva signed with a label worth mentioning. if they wouldve signed with no limit or cash money them ? would be considered legends

co-sign they were both lyrical and creative wit their lyrics
  • BlackAX410
    edited April 2011
    Options
    real ? mystikals first album is probably one of the most original hip hop albums ever made

Hell yea Mind of Mystikal is a classic Ya'll aint ready yet is my favorite song on there
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Damn if ya'll come in this thread you can at least leave some type of input if ya'll agree or disagree sumthin i dont want this ? to die

Well since JEFF AXEL put it this way ill leave alil something.......i was a young ? in the 90's and from NY so i pretty much dont know jack about this.....

(lurks and reads,learns some more things about hip hop)
  • BlackAX410
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Well since JEFF AXEL put it this way ill leave alil something.......i was a young ? in the 90's and from NY so i pretty much dont know jack about this.....

(lurks and reads,learns some more things about hip hop)
    lmao i feel u man im from maryland but ima Mystikal fan and i heard most of these ? on accident and was like DAMN these ? can spit and this thread came up
  • da_murderman281
    da_murderman281 Members Posts: 803 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options

Real talk first time i heard of Big Boy was back in 95 when i blind bought that mind of mystikal album. i was like ? that got me hyper i played that like for nearly a whole year straight i was just a hype when i first heard. but anyway we gon make yo thread diamond dont worry bout that. this pretty much part 2 of big boy/cash money/no limit.
  • BlackAX410
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Real talk first time i heard of Big Boy was back in 95 when i blind bought that mind of mystikal album. i was like ? that got me hyper i played that like for nearly a whole year straight i was just a hype when i first heard. but anyway we gon make yo thread diamond dont worry bout that. this pretty much part 2 of big boy/cash money/no limit.

ight thanx yo who do you think had the best roster outta all 3 labels??
  • da_murderman281
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ight thanx yo who do you think had the best roster outta all 3 labels??

Its a toss up between Big Boy and No Limit but ill give the edge to Big Boy. Having Mystikal,Fiend,Black Menace,G-Slimm(R.I.P.),Ghetto Twinz,Tim Smooth man too much raw talent on that labeL.

this ? go HAM
  • BlackAX410
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Its a toss up between Big Boy and No Limit but ill give the edge to Big Boy. Having Mystikal,Fiend,Black Menace,G-Slimm(R.I.P.),Ghetto Twinz,Tim Smooth man too much raw talent on that labeL.

this ? go HAM
    DAMN see this is the ? i was talkin bout they coulda been a powerhouse if they had the right people managing em they all ripped this ? I kno No Limit would do these type of tracks wit like 7 ? goin in on a KLC beat but some people were hit or miss
  • da_murderman281
    edited April 2011
    Options
    DAMN see this is the ? i was talkin bout they coulda been a powerhouse if they had the right people managing em they all ripped this ? I kno No Limit would do these type of tracks wit like 7 ? goin in on a KLC beat but some people were hit or miss

I wished Big Boy would have blown up instead of Cash Money.
  • BlackAX410
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I wished Big Boy would have blown up instead of Cash Money.

son i do too i think we might be in the minority once more people view this thread
  • Larry_Joe713
    Larry_Joe713 Members Posts: 521
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I first heard of big boy from mystikal aswell. I didnt get the album until i saw this video

Then i went to find out who the 2 ? that rapped with mystikal and found out it was black menace and checked that album out too and damn that ? went hard.
  • BlackAX410
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I first heard of big boy from mystikal aswell. I didnt get the album until i saw this video

Then i went to find out who the 2 ? that rapped with mystikal and found out it was black menace and checked that album out too and damn that ? went hard.
    Yo im bumpin that Drama time album right now this ? is underrated as ? this is makin my opinion more valid
  • da_murderman281
    edited April 2011
    Options