Options

Comments

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Ok you win LOL

Do you attend her concerts and purchase her albums/singles?

I don't listen to female r and b artist like that, i'm just making the point, just accept people for who they are and what they bring.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Beyonce makes horrible music
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Mastered...... they added the breakdown from pon de floor unlike the track that leaked

http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2011/04/19/beyonce-%E2%80%93-girls-who-run-the-world-cdqmastered-? -diplo-switch/

hood ? gonna love this..
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    5 bucks rihanna gonna jump on the remix...............
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I never understood the hate for Beyonce. Thousands of females make songs about suckin ? , selling ? , and a triflin lifestyle, but when Beyonce empowers women through music... she gets hated for it? And since when was her music repetitive and generic?

What's generic about this?

But she doesn't have any "real" talent? Hm...
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The versions that leaked aren't the finished product. That's the version they threw together months ago before even considering finishing it, much less using it for the album.
  • KillaCham
    edited April 2011
    Options
    thats major lazer pon de floor

smh at beyonce
    :confused: The same people that produced "Pon De Floor" are behind this record too. Now don't you feel like ch33se.
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    supern0va_ wrote: »

The Illuminati theorists are going to have a field day with this...
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I don't listen to female r and b artist like that, i'm just making the point, just accept people for who they are and what they bring.

Ok

I will, just like I do for majority of extremely radio friendly acts out there now with countless spins on BET. MTV, ETC
  • rip.dilla
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Beyonce makes horrible music

Thankfully, I ain't the only one here who thinks so
  • rip.dilla
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Ok

I will, just like I do for majority of extremely radio friendly acts out there now with countless spins on BET. MTV, ETC

Which is not a bad thing BTW
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Thankfully, I ain't the only one here who thinks so

cosign. That ring the alarm or put a ring on it musik is jus bs.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Ok

Not everything on the radio is bad, just like not everything underground is good. There is a time and place for Beyonce's music just like there is a time and place for Sade's music, it's good that both artist are at the end of the spectrum and not saying one is better than the other.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    mumo x stay dodging valid arguments.

Rose and Beyonce for MVP's
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I think usmarin3 has been pretty much on point the whole thread.
  • quietaskept
    quietaskept Members Posts: 333 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    I think usmarin3 has been pretty much on point the whole thread.

I agree with him too. Beyonce is doing very well for the lane she is in, so why would she switch it up? Not all of her songs are generic pop songs as someone pointed out, Halo was one of her singles. I highly doubt Halo did as well as Single Ladies though.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    Options
    It's the same ? ass argument, why should she change what has made her successful to sound like other artist. Her sound, songs, style is what makes her Beyonce, if you want content driven music go listen to Badu, Jill Scott, or one of those Neo Soul ? . It's like asking Janet Jackson to do ballads or Whitney to do edgy music. lol

As soon as she tries to make a album like Badu,Scott,etc is when you same mfs will be talking about she fell off when it falls on deaf ears.

I don't have an issue with pop music or radio friendly music...it's just that the actual music Beyonce is making just isn't that good...there's plenty of artist that make pop music and radio singles that actually make good songs...songs that don't sound like repeats of the last 5 songs they released...you said it yourself that when Beyonce sings songs by The Dream and Sean Garret she sounds like she's singing hood rat anthem...not everybody likes those songs...it's not about her doing music like Jill Scott it's about her simply making a better quality of the type of music she makes...I can accept that she's a pop artist but I won't accept bad music regardless of the genre or artist
  • blackrain
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I agree with him too. Beyonce is doing very well for the lane she is in, so why would she switch it up? Not all of her songs are generic pop songs as someone pointed out, Halo was one of her singles. I highly doubt Halo did as well as Single Ladies though.

and that's just it...a song like Halo where's she's actually singing isn't supported by her fans as much as generic ? like Put A Ring On It or Diva...
  • KillaCham
    edited April 2011
    Options
    "Halo" is Beyonce's longest charting song ever on the Hot 100.

Anyway, this isn't anything new. Beyonce has received backlash from each one of her first singles. "Deja Vu" was a great record, though and "Single Ladies" was getting major hate too before it blew up too. Either way, there's a circle that follows every Beyonce single - "oh it sucks, its sound just like _______, etc"...but whether you like her or not, she's far from "generic" and this song doesn't sound like anything in the Top 40 of Pop, Urban, Rhythmic, or Adult Contemporary radio formats. She comes with something new every time she drops an albums. What's generic is the boring ass traditional R&B artists who make the same albums 5 times over.

Having said that - this track is all over the place. I hope that the HQ final version does justice to this demo... cause if not, its just gonna be a flash in the pan single that she's just gonna wanna forget about when its all over. Radio will eat this up for 2 weeks and then drop it. Good luck to her.
  • blackrain
    edited April 2011
    Options
    KillaCham. wrote: »
    "Halo" is Beyonce's longest charting song ever on the Hot 100.

Anyway, this isn't anything new. Beyonce has received backlash from each one of her first singles. "Deja Vu" was a great record, though and "Single Ladies" was getting major hate too before it blew up too. Either way, there's a circle that follows every Beyonce single - "oh it sucks, its sound just like _______, etc"...but whether you like her or not, she's far from "generic" and this song doesn't sound like anything in the Top 40 of Pop, Urban, Rhythmic, or Adult Contemporary radio formats. She comes with something new every time she drops an albums. What's generic is the boring ass traditional R&B artists who make the same albums 5 times over.

Having said that - this track is all over the place. I hope that the HQ final version does justice to this demo... cause if not, its just gonna be a flash in the pan single that she's just gonna wanna forget about when its all over. Radio will eat this up for 2 weeks and then drop it. Good luck to her.

I seriously would have never guessed that one...
  • KillaCham
    edited April 2011
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    I seriously would have never guessed that one...
    Yup. 50something weeks I think. It wasn't as big as Single Ladies or Crazy In Love but it had longevity. Guess its one of those songs that don't get old and just lasts. It'll probably be one of her more remembered songs.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    It's the same ? ass argument, why should she change what has made her successful to sound like other artist. Her sound, songs, style is what makes her Beyonce, if you want content driven music go listen to Badu, Jill Scott, or one of those Neo Soul ? . It's like asking Janet Jackson to do ballads or Whitney to do edgy music. lol

As soon as she tries to make a album like Badu,Scott,etc is when you same mfs will be talking about she fell off when it falls on deaf ears.

I agree that Beyonce shouldn't change her style. It's all her, or at least it's what she became and jumped onto.
    From getting out of the hood she never grew up in, to wanting a soldier to bust caps for her, to divas being female hustlers.....she should stay in her lane. Why anyone would want her to change is beyond me. Other than the fact that the music she sings does absolutely nothing for her voice. She excels in more soulful sounds that display her vocal capabilities.
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Another ? -envy anthem. Wow.
  • rip.dilla
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Like I said before and always... she is yet to match her first album which was more or less a traditional RnB record.

I copped that record and I'm yet to hear the soul she had on that record on her other releases
  • blackrain
    edited April 2011
    Options
    KillaCham. wrote: »
    Yup. 50something weeks I think. It wasn't as big as Single Ladies or Crazy In Love but it had longevity. Guess its one of those songs that don't get old and just lasts. It'll probably be one of her more remembered songs.

those songs from her are too few and far between...and for someone with her vocal abilities that's just sad