Protein Shakes are F*cking Disgusting

Options

Comments

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Truerap wrote: »
    Will Munny wrote: »
    They are disgusting... But you don't drink them for the taste....

I been taking creatine and whey protien past 6 weeks. I take pictures of myself shirtless every week. I'm lookin jacked. No atl.

SON YOU NOT NATTY NO MORE SMH....................

I don't take creatine anymore lol. I must have made that post years ago. And my answer was almost the same 5 years later.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Okay I'm going to attempt to help you idiots on protein intake and usage

Your body can only absorb and use so much protein a day, so over doing the protein shake is doing nothing but wasting money and protein.

Protein works because it helps your muscles heal faster.. you workout which causes minor tear in your muscle.. protein helps repair your muscles

Protein as a post workout supplementation is much better than using it as a pre workout supplement( noob move).

Don't use protein shakes as a meal replacement. Your body needs more than just protein to operate at it fullest

I current have white flood( prework supplement) and whey protein in my cupboards that I haven't used in many many months

My diet is so immaculate that I don't need supplements. Read labels and do research on what's in your supplements.

You're welcome and I'm always here to help you non buff ? .

So how much protien can the average man take in at one time? I've been told 20 grams of well produced protien intake can do as much as 90 grams at the wrong time.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options

Your body can only absorb and use so much protein a day, so over doing the protein shake is doing nothing but wasting money and protein.

Protein works because it helps your muscles heal faster.. you workout which causes minor tear in your muscle.. protein helps repair your muscles

Protein as a post workout supplementation is much better than using it as a pre workout supplement( noob move).

Don't use protein shakes as a meal replacement. Your body needs more than just protein to operate at it fullest

I current have white flood( prework supplement) and whey protein in my cupboards that I haven't used in many many months

My diet is so immaculate that I don't need supplements. Read labels and do research on what's in your supplements.

So how much protien can the average man take in at one time? I've been told 20 grams of well produced protien intake can do as much as 90 grams at the wrong time.

With the exception of taking in carbs pre-workout, for the most part nutrient timing is irrelevant. Even that is up to the person. Some people do just fine training fasted, others do not (I don't). As far as protein, you can eat, drink, etc your protein and your body will absorb it in time. You won't automatically ? or ? it all out if it's over a certain amount. This is no 1 or 2 hour magical thing. If that's the case people wouldn't get over weight.

The body is more complex than that. Your body will simply take it's time to digest it. If you go over the amount of calories your body needs for it's function (everyday life (BMR), or repairing muscles from working out, etc) even if it is from protein sources, there is a possibility that any additional that your body can not use may be stored as fat, but other than that it is what it is. It's not like you drink a protein shake and start absorbing it right away even if it is "fast-acting" whey protein. The key point is daily/weekly energy balance. Learn how many calories your body needs and go from there as far as the macro-nutrients (protein/carbs/fats) that you actually require. It sounds complicated, but it's actually pretty simple.
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I left a protein drink sit because i forgot to rinse it out, and 8 hours later I come back and it was damn neared glued to the cup. lol.

Anyone else had that happen? Its the woat.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    I'm in an anabolic state right after working out though, and if I wait too long I will go into a catabolic state, where my body starts feeding on itself. If I was trying to build mass, I would want to consume as much protien as possible while in my anabolic state.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah I pretty much go by this.

I only drink a "high" dose after a workout. And then right before I go to work, I drink a half or even quarter dose of protein just for the "full" feeling and to stack with my fat burner (my job is a high pace warehouse job so i get a pretty good sweat in there).

But throughout the day, your meals should be balanced enough so that if you are drinking a shake, its a supplement to a preexisting meal instead of the meal itself (ex: drinking a shake with oatmeal for breakfast).
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

outside the fact I "heard" Gilbert Gottfried in my head reading this,

It is some pretty sound advice
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL at hearing Gilbert, it makes for a more funny read
  • -Vincenzo-
    -Vincenzo- Members Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you buyin that cheap sh*t ?
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MAN UP and drink the ? , im a throw back... 2 scoops of whey and a scoop of bcaa's, creatine, gultamine and some tap water or cold water....shake the ? and throw it down the hatchet and bang out on some weights.

but go to my warriors thread and i got gang of protein shakes recipe that you will like, ? for yout taste buds and great for the temple.
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Use a straw, lol.
  • TX5GIN
    TX5GIN Members Posts: 883 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    U just got to get use to them..the taste is worth it if u tryn to put that muscle on..i mean yall probaly drink alcohol that aint that smooth just to get hung over.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You are probably mixing it with too much water then. Mine tastes delicious

whey isolate ftw
  • B_A
    B_A Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    hands down the best tasting and effective protein you get

Syntha-6_5lb_Strawberry204.jpg

the cookie and cream taste so damn good....really like a Blizzard from Daiy Queen or a milkshake from Chic Fila

This is the best ? you can get.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition (ON) most flavors are pretty good from what I've read.

Personally I've had the Whey version in Double Rich Chocolate and Cookies and Cream and Casein version Creamy Vanilla and they were all on point.
  • mr.jamrock
    mr.jamrock Members Posts: 435 ✭✭✭
    Options
    it's not suppose to. ? act like it's ice cream. Just drink it
  • JJ 1975
    JJ 1975 Members Posts: 336
    Options
    Get the flavorless kind. Add your liquid first then slowly put the powder into the blender while it is running. Or mix it in with yogurt or oatmeal.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They are disgusting... But you don't drink them for the taste....

I been taking creatine and whey protien past 6 weeks. I take pictures of myself shirtless every week. I'm lookin jacked. No atl.

exactly, and honestly I use Optimum Nutrition Whey protein chocolate flavored mixed with water and it doesnt taste bad at all, I thought about making smoothies but that ? is too much work for me

• unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most are pasty but I like Muscle Milk the most.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    people still rely on protein shakes?

I haven't been ? with them much at all since I learned about how much they've improved dairy products. You can get non-fat/low-fat dairy products with mad protein in them. Non-fat high protein milk + 1% cottage cheese are always in my fridge lately.

Sardines>>>> though
    Them ? have almost no fat in them and crazy amounts of protein. Cheap as ? too with less mercury than tuna. Only draw backs on these is the sodium, but i do a lot of cardio and hit the sauna often so that is not a problem for me.

The good thing with these too is that they're low in calories. Great for people trying to do resistance training and maintain muscle while cutting back on calories to get that calorie deficit going and shred off the fat.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Vanilla
    a banana or 2
    2 scoops peanut butter
    oatmeal

I would do my work out and drink this ? had me ripped!!!

First few days tho that ? would hit my stomach like a bomb
  • ill_lojikal_kon
    ill_lojikal_kon Members Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    hands down the best tasting and effective protein you get

Syntha-6_5lb_Strawberry204.jpg

the cookie and cream taste so damn good....really like a Blizzard from Daiy Queen or a milkshake from Chic Fila

I haven't tried the Cookies and Cream but I have tried their Caramel Latte, Mochachino, Peanut Butter Chocolate, and Strawberry Milkshake. All of them solid. I have yet to try a Syntha-6 shake I didn't like.
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vanilla
    a banana or 2
    2 scoops peanut butter
    oatmeal

i just started makin my own ? too
    variant of strawberry/blueberry and bananna
    peanut butter
    milk and or yogurt
    for breakfast i may throw in some oatmeal
    and a scoop of protein powder

man i dont know how i didnt start doing this sooner..smh
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just a quick tip.

If you are minorly or majorly lactose intolerant Syntrax Casein and IsoPure Zero Carb Whey are Lactose-Free and taste pretty good. If you hate mixing with water, use Almond Milk instead.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Vanilla
    a banana or 2
    2 scoops peanut butter
    oatmeal

i just started makin my own ? too
    variant of strawberry/blueberry and bananna
    peanut butter
    milk and or yogurt
    for breakfast i may throw in some oatmeal
    and a scoop of protein powder

man i dont know how i didnt start doing this sooner..smh

might try this, also been wanting to try putting yogurt in to my shakes but never really got to.

what type of yogurt u use?