The Game averaged 4.7 Million viewers.....safe to say The CW lost on that one?

Options
Maalik
Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Season Timeslot (ET) Season Premiere Season Finale TV Season Rank Viewers
1 Monday 9:30 P.M. (2006–2007) October 1, 2006 May 14, 2007 #141 2.3 million
2 Monday 9:30 P.M. (2007–2008) October 1, 2007 May 18, 2008 #196 2.35 million
3 Friday 8:30 P.M. (2008–2009) October 3, 2008 May 15, 2009 #174 1.75 million
4 Tuesday 10:00 P.M. (2011) January 11, 2011 March 29, 2011 N/A 4.7 million

Maybe they shouldn't have canceled that ? ....it did better on BET than all of it's 3 seasons on the CW...

Comments

• fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The Game is trash! I happened to catch some of the season finale & just remember thinking "wow this is horrible." It's a straight hoodrat show now. The earlier seasons were watchable though.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i ? wit that show....... yea cw lost
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    But to answer the question, I don't think the CW gives a ? . The CW probally got enough ? shows that do equal numbers. They don't want ? shows on their station. It's no coincidence that all the black shows got cancelled or never renewed for new seasons.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i ? wit that show....... yea cw lost

• gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    cw? i thought the game was on showtime or something b4 the cancelation
  • MacOne
    MacOne Banned Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    But to answer the question, I don't think the CW gives a ? . The CW probally got enough ? shows that do equal numbers. They don't want ? shows on their station. It's no coincidence that all the black shows got cancelled or never renewed for new seasons.

There is a reason why most black shows get canceled.... figured it out yet? its cuz they cant ? act...the shows be corny as ? ... id rather watch home improvement re runs all day
  • DetroitPlayaa
    DetroitPlayaa Members Posts: 249 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Look at the numbers.. It's clear why they cancelled the show.. But they ? themselves over by moving the show to friday.. Who's really trying to catch new eps on a friday though?
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    MacOne wrote: »
    There is a reason why most black shows get canceled.... figured it out yet? its cuz they cant ? act...the shows be corny as ? ... id rather watch home improvement re runs all day

lol...........................................................
  • im_lux
    im_lux Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options

yeah I gotta agree wit that ? ...Plus it just seems like it's only a show ? love.
  • sonofliberty
    sonofliberty Members Posts: 501
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Funny you made this thread I just happen to catch it on last night. I thought they are still on BET??? Was at my cousins house and she was watching that ? . Not the show show but the cast was on Monique's show. It was corny as ? . Matter fact BET is corny as ? . I remember when BET was fresh and trendy bur now that ? is just all out wack. Apparently the show is all soap opera drama like now. ? trying to get their Young and The Restless on. SMH. I caught a few episodes of the very first couple seasons on TBS or some ? and it watchable but you couldn't pay me enough to watch anything sponsored by BET.
  • jay83
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Funny you made this thread I just happen to catch it on last night. I thought they are still on BET??? Was at my cousins house and she was watching that ? . Not the show show but the cast was on Monique's show. It was corny as ? . Matter fact BET is corny as ? . I remember when BET was fresh and trendy bur now that ? is just all out wack. Apparently the show is all soap opera drama like now. ? trying to get their Young and The Restless on. SMH. I caught a few episodes of the very first couple seasons on TBS or some ? and it watchable but you couldn't pay me enough to watch anything sponsored by BET.

Nah, not really. BET has always been average at best. But they always had comic view, rapcity, and uncut which had a great following.

lol@ at airing BET UNcut on Saturday night and having Bobby Jones gospel come on right after that. I guess I miss those days as well. lol
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    the Game has found its niche with BET.
    CW had a bunch of shows that appealed to white teenage girls. The Game didnt fit. At BET it makes more sense and has done relatively well.
    I've caught a few episodes here and there and it seems like the production value has slipped since the move.
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Show is madd horrible a bunch of overacting. @? _ I think a Kelsey Grammer is the executive producer on that show too.

Everytime I tell my kids mother that BET is wack and horrible she gets mad yo, she even hung up on me when I talked ? about Tyler Perry this weekend.
  • jay83
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Anybody remember that show Playmakers? Then the NFL had it shutdown with the quickness.
  • jay83
    edited April 2011
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    Show is madd horrible a bunch of overacting. @? _ I think a Kelsey Grammer is the executive producer on that show too.

Everytime I tell my kids mother that BET is wack and horrible she gets mad yo, she even hung up on me when I talked ? about Tyler Perry this weekend.

Gold diggers and hoodrats and congregate together in harmony to watch that show.
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    jay83 wrote: »
    Gold diggers and hoodrats and congregate together in harmony to watch that show.

Dreams of grandeur of how they too can land a professional athlete.
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    jay83 wrote: »
    Anybody remember that show Playmakers? Then the NFL had it shutdown with the quickness.

The show with Cuba Gooding Jr's brother in it....yea, that jawn was dope. Supposedly, it was too real for the NFL's taste.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Maalik wrote: »

Maybe they shouldn't have canceled that ? ....it did better on BET than all of it's 3 seasons on the CW...

they canceled it because the ratings went to ? when it was on the CW...it was not this popular or even close when it was on the CW...BET replaying it everyday for 2 years made it so popular...it's entertaining as a tv show but i'm not gonna pretend it has world class acting...it's a show about women who do stupid ? and athletes who tolerate them
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    Options
    sboogie wrote: »
    I heard that ? was actually good, but I've never seen it...
    the Wire was probably the last good show with a lot of the blacks on it...

pretty much the NFL threatened to end it's relationship with ESPN if they didn't cancel that show
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I been ? with it since it's first episode. Funny ass show.
  • MICHAEL-V.I.
    MICHAEL-V.I. Members Posts: 1,898 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Maalik wrote: »

CW don't give 2 ? about Black Casted Shows/ Sitcoms . Smallville and Top Model are their Money Makers

It did better on BET cause of the Promo's that got ran for it and them re-running the series from the beginning continously until the new season premiered , and that brought in more viewers
  • damobb2deep
    edited April 2011
    Options
    the hate in this thread is kinda disturbing..... the game is easly the best show on bet now.....
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options

you peep that Breaking Bad yet? Tell me that aint the best show on tv
  • damobb2deep
    edited April 2011
    Options
    being the best show on BET is not something to be proud of........

pretty much means you have the worst show on tv

givin bet aint what it usta be but real talk blacks always be on that " this aint what it usta be" ? .... ? times change... u aint gotta like everything n thats cool but talkin ? is still givin it public attention....

i dont like lady ga ga... but i dont hate on her.... if she come on i jus smh n change the channel
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    you peep that Breaking Bad yet? Tell me that aint the best show on tv

i'm catching up on that ? as we speak show is the ?

i never seen the game never plan on watching but to those that do that's what's up we all like different ?

BET is a lame channel but that doens't mean everything is lame it's just a channel that isn't for me anymore. just got older now ill watch some crazy ass crackers down in LA try to catch alligators with their hands. Just turn the channel BET doesn't represent the black culture it's just a channel trying to make a profit like every other channel.