Really!? Our President Wants A Felony Charge For Illegal Downloads

Bully_Pulpit
Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in The Social Lounge
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2009/04/obama-taps-fift/

I think a felony charge is a little bit much, not to mention the expansion of FBI wiretapping privledges, wtf this ? a busta

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    A felony???? Damn, Obama ain't ? around with you thievin ass ?
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2011
    No, you mean...Obama ain't fuccing around with anyone, who offends or wrongs, our Great Jewish Brothers!

Obama does like sucking up to the terrorist nation Israel, so I don't blame you for making that post.

But keeping it real, stealing music online does hurt the music business. It's not just rich artists who are being hurt, it's the drummers, producers, and background singers who are being hurt most. The less people buy actual albums, the less money the music industry makes. The less money the industry makes, the less background singers and instrumental players are needed and hired.

Is a felony really necessary? Probably not. But there has to be some kind of serious punishment for those who steal music online. A big fine and a misdemeanor would be sufficient in my opinion for those who get caught.

Come on people, is 10 dollars an album really that expensive??
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Obama does like sucking up to the terrorist nation Israel, so I don't blame you for making that post.

But keeping it real, stealing music online does hurt the music business. It's not just rich artists who are being hurt, it's the drummers, producers, and background singers who are being hurt most. The less people buy actual albums, the less money the music industry makes. The less money the industry makes, the less background singers and instrumental players are needed and hired.

Is a felony really necessary? Probably not. But there has to be some kind of serious punishment for those who steal music online. A big fine and a misdemeanor would be sufficient in my opinion for those who get caught.

Come on people, is 10 dollars an album really that expensive??

If the album is still in print, no.

However, the vast majority of music I've ever downloaded is ? that's no longer in print. You can't just walk into any store and pick up a copy of Steady B's "Serious" with the KRS One remix now can you?
  • Louie V. Slugger
    Louie V. Slugger Members Posts: 392
    edited April 2011
    If the album is still in print, no.

However, the vast majority of music I've ever downloaded is ? that's no longer in print. You can't just walk into any store and pick up a copy of Steady B's "Serious" with the KRS One remix now can you?

Real talk....
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    LOL well it seems like interpol will go after my azz then, I used to collect albums but just like one of the other posters said most of the music I download isnt avaliable in a store or even webshops.....seems like I'm looking at 25 to life now for all the ? I downloaded.

musicians should be happy that there music is heard, many artists like mac dre, vinnie paz, cunninlynquists etc actually got exposure overseas due to downloading.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Real talk....

seriously tho... I can understand being upset with illegal downloading of ? that's current, but it makes no sense whatsoever to be upset over something that neither the label nor the artist would ever see a dime if I ever had to resort to tracking it down in second-hand shops or on ebay. Not that I haven't done this, I have for a lot of old Detroit hip hop and Techno releases plus promo-only 12" vinyl releases.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    trying to get the economy back anyway he can i guess, oh well
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Bully_Pulpit
    edited April 2011
    No, you mean...Obama ain't fuccing around with anyone, who offends or wrongs, our Great Jewish Brothers!

This ? much deeper than the jews my friend, and no obama is no different than any president weve had since Kennedy a puppet for corporate interests. Dems & repubs just different sides of the same coin.
  • politicalthug202
    politicalthug202 Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    You do realize downloading is the same as walking into a store a stealing a cd
    it has the same affect.
  • Hyde Parke
    Hyde Parke Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    [QUOTE=Last Of My Kind;2412641 Dems & repubs just different sides of the same coin.[/QUOTE]

i've held this view for along time, those who belong to one party or the other, refuse to acknowledge this.
    great timing to make this a law with all the unemployment going on.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    That's how ? people have made them, they're not there to protect the artist, you're stealing money from the pyramid tip! The RIAA could 'tax' people when they purchase the devices to play the movies and songs they download like some countries, but no0o0 they want to put them in jail and lose more money, maybe.......
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2011
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    Fine!

Nobody wants to buy the ? put out anyway! Besides most album cuts are on mixtapes before the albums drops any way. And mixtapes are free. Right?

Haha, most of the music these days is trash anyway. I'm constantly buying old albums from the 90s like Makaveli and RU Down, when hip-hop truly was classic.

And if the songs downloaded are really old that are not in print, I don't think anyone will get in trouble for that. I don't think Obama is that foul.
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2011
    The Jamel wrote: »
    maybe these artist should start putting out better quality music then, look at the current state of music, aint no choice but to try before u buy.

I agree most music these days is trash, I haven't bought a new album since Eminem's Recovery (a classic in my opinion and Eminem's best album next to his 2nd one).

But if anything, it's better to just preview the songs on Itunes, no need to download new songs. Some people download illegally so much they don't even bother buying the real album, and that really is hurting the industry.
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2011
    Not possible.

At least, not here on planet Earth.

You ever think, maybe Obama is just a spineless ? made liar who represents the interests of corporations? It's not all about the Jews, though he looves sucking Israel's ? raw ? . Obama is a ? , that's as far as it goes. He's a puppet who is scared to fight the power. He's no leader, and is a miserable failure in more ways than one. But I wouldn't blame the Jews for that.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    damn.......game over
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2011
    Yes, I do.

Now, in terms of those "interests of corporations" you mentioned;

guess what you'll find if you check the latest list/ranking of the World's Most Powerful Jewish people?

Not even once you realize, its our Great Jewish Brothers who are "the power" that you're referring to here?...even if they're mainly behind the scenes?

What's the final solution to this Jewish problem?
  • Bully_Pulpit
    edited April 2011
    The Jews when its said in done will be scapegoats but at the end of the day they are NOT at the the tip top of the pyramid, yes they are apart of the elite network so the speak but not the end all be all
  • Bully_Pulpit
    edited April 2011
    your acting like they are the only ones though, what about the vaticans role in all of this.
  • renagade410.
    renagade410. Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    .illegal downloading is essentially the same thing as going into a store and stealing a cd....well thats only a misdemeanor charge so why make this a felony? Thats telling ppl "well you face a greater fine by downloading it so you might as well just walk into a store and steal it as you'll face a lesser penalty"
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    I think the homeless and sick need more help than the already wealthy music industry.....
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    -and RU Down, when hip-hop truly was classic.
    since when does this album rate "classic" status?
    -Eminem's Recovery (a classic in my opinion and Eminem's best album next to his 2nd one).
    another assessment i have some questions about
    You ever think, maybe Obama is just a spineless ? made liar who represents the interests of corporations? It's not all about the Jews, though he looves sucking Israel's ? raw ? .
    ultimately, people who believe in complicated conspiracies involving Jews cannot take the position that anything is not SOMEHOW about the Jews