The King of R & B

Comments

• Blue Virgo
    Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    why cant he be king of both lanes?

Just saying he already has one "crown", so let's think about someone else for the other.
  • YungHeartLess5
    YungHeartLess5 Members Posts: 413
    edited April 2011
    Trey is easily the King of R&B right now... And its been that way since 05... He's the most consistent in the game right now... He gets progressivly better with each album... The thing is he wont be recognized for his greatness until he's on his way out the game... Thats how it usually works... He still wears the crown though. His mixtapes be shittin on ? albums... His Albums be ? on ? albums...
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Raphael Sadiq

I mean very very few artists have had the impact Sadiq has had on Rnb/neo soul, his written and produced songs for countless other artists and dropped some great solo music, then theres his work with Tony Toni Tone and Lucy Pearl.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Trey is easily the King of R&B right now... And its been that way since 05... He's the most consistent in the game right now... He gets progressivly better with each album... The thing is he wont be recognized for his greatness until he's on his way out the game... Thats how it usually works... He still wears the crown though. His mixtapes be shittin on ? albums... His Albums be ? on ? albums...

Trey songz makes kids music ......teenage i wanna ? u upstairs music.. he not built for the game.. theres no subtlety hes aight .. but hes not real...
  • YungHeartLess5
    edited April 2011
    this day and age isnt about subtlety... Subtlety is for the weak... to each his own though... I enjoy his music... Im a 26 year old grown man... I think that makes it grown man music
  • Seansosa
    Seansosa Members Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    R kelly...idc what anyone says he may not be at the for front now..but he still wears the crown...for those who say trey songz ..how many albums did it take for ppl to take notice??? most ppl think ready was his first album...he had two album before that no one knows be cause no one gave a ? about dude...
  • thatni99ajahmal
    thatni99ajahmal Members Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Hmm Kellz might have made the most timeless R&B..

But at this moment i prefer listening to Trey and NeYo
  • JadaRoss
    JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Hmm Kellz might have made the most timeless R&B..

But at this moment i prefer listening to Trey and NeYo

r.kelly is that ? ,idk what yall talking about

just because he aint made his last album about eating ? out ,doesnt take anything away from him

trey songz made a aight album last year but he got a long way to go in proving himself king of anything
  • thatni99ajahmal
    thatni99ajahmal Members Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    JadaRoss wrote: »
    r.kelly is that ? ,idk what yall talking about

just because he aint made his last album about eating ? out ,doesnt take anything away from him

trey songz made a aight album last year but he got a long way to go in proving himself king of anything

To me that last album was more blues than r&b i still loved it tho..

Im not takin anything away from Kellz but im 24 and Trey making ? that appeals to me *kanye shrug*
  • bluprint
    bluprint Members Posts: 465
    edited April 2011
    No refrence to Anthony Hamilton. Kels is on a decline. I think this because he has alot of misses latley. Everbody sayin he the best because of what he did but you remain the King for what you do in the present. Every AH cd I grabbed was good he my fav right now
  • JadaRoss
    edited April 2011
    To me that last album was more blues than r&b i still loved it tho..

Im not takin anything away from Kellz but im 24 and Trey making ? that appeals to me *kanye shrug*

r kelly last album is classic,it's more laid back

he so good at what he does,that he can make any genre of music and it's still hot

he made some grown folks music with LOVE LETTER
  • YungHeartLess5
    edited April 2011
    Naa Love Letter wasnt really that good as a whole.... "When A Woman Loves" &"Radio Message" were incredible... the rest of the cd was pretty lackluster... I think the last poster hit the nail on the head when they said "People are saying Kelz because of what he has done in the past... Because lately he sucks" He definetly killed that last award performance though. That boy did classic after classic then topped it off w/ when a woman loves...
  • playmaker88
    edited April 2011
    Naa Love Letter wasnt really that good as a whole.... "When A Woman Loves" &"Radio Message" were incredible... the rest of the cd was pretty lackluster... I think the last poster hit the nail on the head when they said "People are saying Kelz because of what he has done in the past... Because lately he sucks" He definetly killed that last award performance though. That boy did classic after classic then topped it off w/ when a woman loves...

What you mean lately he sucks nah he been back on his biz ever since he stopped ? with rappers and making tha garbage ass RnB thug music..

All that steppin ? was cool.. and ? i still gotta listen to the last drop.. got that on my usb for a minute
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    Trey Songz biggest fault is his juvenile lyricism...he's an ok singer and his best songs are when he's not trying so hard to project that ? image...Maxwell and R. Kelly are really the only 2 that could lay claim to the title..Maxwell left for nearly a decade and came out and dropped not only a commercially succesful album but one critics and fans loved...R. Kelly finally left the club and started making normal music again...Usher could be that way and if anything he's closer to being on R. Kelly's level but neither is touching Maxwell overall
  • playmaker88
    edited April 2011
    blackrain wrote: »
    Trey Songz biggest fault is his juvenile lyricism...he's an ok singer and his best songs are when he's not trying so hard to project that ? image...Maxwell and R. Kelly are really the only 2 that could lay claim to the title..Maxwell left for nearly a decade and came out and dropped not only a commercially succesful album but one critics and fans loved...R. Kelly finally left the club and started making normal music again...Usher could be that way and if anything he's closer to being on R. Kelly's level but neither is touching Maxwell overall

Your dead on with the trey songs characterization

Mi gente post..

but yeah Maxwell is that dude
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
  • playmaker88
    edited April 2011

Now just gotta find a girl that deserves this song....

R. Kelly on the pen
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Trey songz makes kids music ......teenage i wanna ? u upstairs music.. he not built for the game.. theres no subtlety hes aight .. but hes not real...

R. Kelly has made his share of kids music too. After all, it's his style that birthed artists like Trey Songz. There's a lot of R. Kelly lyrics that are laughable. The difference is Trey is in his 20's and R. Kelly was doing those types of songs in his 30's.
  • zonezo786
    zonezo786 Members Posts: 9
    edited April 2011
    "didnt r kelly pave the way for marvin gaye and keith sweat?"

Clearly, you don't have a clue of what you're talking about.

Keith Sweat made "love songs"

R Kelly made "sex music"

And making love is a whole lot better than "having sex"
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011

Small correction . Maxwell BSN was successful commercially . "Pretty Wings" was nominated for song of the year . Also he sold like 300 plus his first week . Also I think we need to replace grown folks music with sophisticated music. Just because adults can relate to it doesnt mean its sophisticated . Last thing R. Kelly said of Maxwell singing " Fortunate " a time ago. He should have kept that song for himself because Maxwell sang it so well that he could never sing it again .
  • JadaRoss
    edited April 2011
    R.Kelly still wins
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    Mrslim1 wrote: »
    Small correction . Maxwell BSN was successful commercially . "Pretty Wings" was nominated for song of the year . Also he sold like 300 plus his first week . Also I think we need to replace grown folks music with sophisticated music. Just because adults can relate to it doesnt mean its sophisticated . Last thing R. Kelly said of Maxwell singing " Fortunate " a time ago. He should have kept that song for himself because Maxwell sang it so well that he could never sing it again .

i said maxwell's album was successful commercially..."Not only a commercially successful album but one critics and fans loved as well"....
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    i said maxwell's album was successful commercially..."Not only a commercially successful album but one critics and fans loved as well"....

You did my bad . But the main point is Max is that dude .
  • TANGLUNG
    TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    The R. album
    Chocolate Factory
    TP2.Com
    12 Play

No one is even getting past those four, and even if your catalog may be able to, you still have Happy People, et al.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    The King of R&B is the Pied Piper *Insert sex tape gif* lol