Marsha Ambrosius - Far Away (Video)

kat2180
kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in R&B & Alternatives
First off LOVE this song so I went to find the video...have ya'll seen it? Pretty deep.

Comments

• caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Damn That ? is deep. didnt see that one coming. Fa real though I was going to cut off the video if them dudes kissed again!
  • kat2180
    edited April 2011
    caddo man wrote: »
    Damn That ? is deep. didnt see that one coming. Fa real though I was going to cut off the video if them dudes kissed again!

lol..yeah at first I was like wtf?
  • freepostking
    freepostking Members Posts: 468
    edited April 2011
    Someone is late...
  • kat2180
    edited April 2011
    lol..probably. I didn't see a thread about it though.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    I would of appreciated it if she had two lesbians instead, not Hits from the Streets and Laz Alonzo. smh
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    kat2180 wrote: »
    lol..probably. I didn't see a thread about it though.
    there is one
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    boooooo.... fortunately i read the thread b4 i looked if ? kissing in a video i dont wanna see it.

marsha and kat are part of the illuminatti, tryna turn ? onto the ? culture

booooooooo
  • JadaRoss
    JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    that ? is nasty to see two dudes kissing
  • kat2180
    edited April 2011
    smh..the kiss was like .5 seconds of the video.

The overall message is real.
  • JadaRoss
    edited April 2011
    kat2180 wrote: »
    smh..the kiss was like .5 seconds of the video.

The overall message is real.

real like in what way?
  • kat2180
    edited April 2011
    JadaRoss wrote: »
    real like in what way?

Real in the way it was intended.

There are really people out there of all walks of life that are forced to live in secrecy or damn near seclusion to avoid bullying or the judgement of others...because of ignorance.
  • JadaRoss
    edited April 2011
    homosexuality isnt a good thing
  • kat2180
    edited April 2011
    homosexuality isnt a good thing

That's not the point.

Regardless of how you feel about it, people should be allowed to live their lives without persecution.

Some think that interracial dating isn't a good thing.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    that ? is nasty to see two dudes kissing

.....................................C/S
    It ? up a good song
  • Super Lex
    Super Lex Members Posts: 460
    edited May 2011
    What a ? video...love the song tho...smh @ connecting a good song to faggotry through the video.

That good song is about said 'faggotry' so.... you still going to like the song or hate it all of a sudden?
  • Super Lex
    edited May 2011
    The good song is about faggotry? I could swear listening to the lyrics she's talking about someone that she was/is in love with that brought her pain.

Such lyrics as "If you could hear me baby" "can't feel this way again, gotta think with my head cause my heart is what got me here" "I didn't want you to go babe, babe" "I'm so hurt from what you done" "I was by your side when we were meant to be"

Listening to the song it sounds like she was in a relationship with a *******and he killed himself. The lyrics to the song don't suggest that it's a friend of hers that died.

That's what I thought until I read otherwise. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I read somewhere that a ? friend who offed himself was the reason for the song.

Now I'm wondering if it was just the vid or the song. I'm about to see if I can find an interview.
  • Super Lex
    edited May 2011
    Doesn't matter what type of story they use, the lyrics don't match it....even when she saw the body "Identified you as MY BABY" so unless she re-writes the song and sing it from a third person perspective instead of a first person one then it's a heterosexual song that I can listen to...now if she goes and sings it from a third person perspective and it's about faggotry, I can't listen to it.

Fact is, love is love. You don't know who singers sing to unless they use words like "he" or "she".
    Just because you call someone 'baby' it doesn't mean that you're together or in love with that person. I get called that random times through out the day. She could've have just used it in a brotherly deep friendship type of way.
    The concept for 'Far Away' definitely wasn't unexpected for me as it was a personal experience that I'd had in writing the song. It came from a personal experience I was going through 'round about the time I wrote it, which is 2008, [when] a friend of mine attempted to commit suicide," she recently told MTV News. "Being a friend of someone that is in such a dark place, you can't be there for them as a friend because it's one of the most heart-wrenching things you can go through, not being able to help someone." "So a couple years later I get to do 'Far Away' for my album, and it felt only right to portray the story as it was in such an honest form.
    http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1657718/marsha-ambrosius-far-away-video.jhtml
  • kat2180
    edited May 2011
    I have to admit the video is nowhere near what I expected...I can't say I was disappointed though. I thought the message was really good.
  • kat2180
    edited May 2011
    cosign...if you're a man kissing another man in public...you should ? yourself.

lol!smh......