Stupid Black women

KinkyCurls
KinkyCurls Members Posts: 1,353 ✭✭
edited April 2011 in The Powder Room
I love this video she knows what she is talkin about. Natural hair for life!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWS0TmtVwUw

Comments

• Mr.Burns
    Mr.Burns Members Posts: 517
    edited April 2011
    Love me some poofs. Eff horse hair.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Not sure if I'd smash or not.
  • Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    let ppl do w.e. they want with their hair

if i wanna get a perm imma get one

I co-sign this statement and I encourage you to get a perm if you want to. It''s none of my business what other people do with their hair.

I haven't watched the video but I like her afro.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    I thought this was an IC women appreciation thread.

:td
  • Jesus Jackson
    Jesus Jackson Members Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    She's cute. She should get naked.

On a sidenote: White people aren't the only people with straight hair. Just because somebody straightens their hair, it doesn't necessarily mean that they're desiring to look more White. Hell, some White people don't even HAVE straight hair. Some of them have thick, bushy hair. And another thing; when White people put chemicals in their hair or when they get dreadlocks and cornrows or afros, etc, does that mean that they hate themselves? Pretty much every ethnic group does something to their hair (whether it be chemically straightening it or curling it or whatever)... Why single out the Black people?
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    let ppl do w.e. they want with their hair

if i wanna get a perm imma get one

If you get a perm I'm going to die of laughter.
  • CALVINCARTEL
    CALVINCARTEL Members Posts: 30
    edited April 2011
    Natural is always sexy
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    why is this broad so hung up on race???
  • SpeakWhatsRealDotCom
    SpeakWhatsRealDotCom Members Posts: 29
    edited April 2011
    I agree with her statement wholly. Naptural/Natural hair will always trump relaxed for various reasons. I love my natural hair.
  • Yummy.Lix
    Yummy.Lix Members Posts: 1,398
    edited April 2011
    She has SOME good points.I don't agree with what some things she said. I'm honestly
    tired of this topic.It's just hair :\ If you are into cosmetology or know anything about it,
    you would look at hair as basically an accessory. Just because someone has natural hair
    does not make them "better," then someone who perms their hair or wears weave...again
    it's just hair.I remember watching one video when a woman said going natural is a life style,
    hair is just a small factor honestly.

Any other race of women can do what they want to their hair.White women or any other
    race of women can perm their hair,curl it, cut,crimp it,straighten it,dye it,etc...But let a
    black woman touch her hair & it's self hate.
  • phantom0900
    phantom0900 Members Posts: 1,313 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Its not just hair, its your hair. A lot of ppl aint comfortable in their own skin, black americans in particular. It doesnt apply to everyone, but this community suffers from an identity crisis, some folks have to be told its ok to be you.

If you've evolved beyond that, your fortunate and you should feel comfortable embracing whatever fashion style you choose, but for those that haven't transcended beyond the judgement of others this message is needed.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    It's not "just" hair and I don't see how calling them "Stupid Black Women" as threadstarter has is anything but counterproductive.
  • Yummy.Lix
    edited April 2011
    Its not just hair, its your hair. A lot of ppl aint comfortable in their own skin, black americans in particular. It doesnt apply to everyone, but this community suffers from an identity crisis, some folks have to be told its ok to be you.

If you've evolved beyond that, your fortunate and you should feel comfortable embracing whatever fashion style you choose, but for those that haven't transcended beyond the judgement of others this message is needed.

To me, it is "just hair." There are too many other things in this world that we need to be worry about other than hair.Of course, we all know or have heard of the theory of black hair & the perm.I heard the story/discussion a million times.It's becoming one of those topics like "light skin," vs. "dark skin." The topic is getting old.The fact is, people know about the theory of black hair.Now it's up to them to choose what they want to do with their hair.We have some women going natural.We have some women using a perm & we have some women using weaves.Out of all the black women in the USA,you can't expect every one of them to choose to go "natural."It's just not going to happen.The women who choose perms & weaves have their reasons.Of course, out of those women who choose perms/weaves, there are the ones who probably do have self hatred issues.BUT can you honestly say that every black woman in America with natural hair are comfortable in their own skin?There are some Black American women who do not use perms or have never got a perm & don't like being black.There are SO many issues within the black community and what do black people focus on? Skin tone & hair.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    dang...lightskint afro centrics be going hard yo, y i never see 2 much dark-butts representing like them???
  • Yummy.Lix
    edited April 2011
    I personally like straight hair,big hair,curly hair, short hair, & long hair.I think people should choose a hair
    style that looks best on them.The hair style that looks best on you depends on your face shape.
    Some people look better with straight hair than curly hair.Some people look better with short hair
    than long hair.Some people look better with middle parts than side parts.Some people look better
    with flat hair than hair with volume.I don't care what hair texture,length,style,etc is looked "down,"
    on or which ones are "praised." You rock what ever looks best on you.
  • ptnutz
    ptnutz Members Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    It's not "just" hair and I don't see how calling them "Stupid Black Women" as threadstarter has is anything but counterproductive.

It's because T/S has seriouse self hatred issues herself, if she really is a black woman.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Black chicks with natural hair always wanna act like they better than the ones with relaxers. yall need to shut the ? up
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    I can't take a person seriously that uses their hair as a means to display how Black they are, or how superior they are to all women who wear perms. What these idiots don't realize is that a person with natural hair can still be a ? up person.

"Is every ? with dreads for the cause?
    Is every ? with golds for the fall?
    Naw"

-Andre3000 "Aquemini"

...by the way, t/s is an idiot
  • Yummy.Lix
    edited April 2011
    dwade206 wrote: »
    I can't take a person seriously that uses their hair as a means to display how Black they are, or how superior they are to all women who wear perms. What these idiots don't realize is that a person with natural hair can still be a ? up person.

"Is every ? with dreads for the cause?
    Is every ? with golds for the fall?
    Naw"

-Andre3000 "Aquemini"

...by the way, t/s is an idiot

Lol, I just think she's disillusioned.From what I've seen, she hates black men YET she promotes natural
    hair.How can you promote being "closer to your roots," if you hate the entire opposite sex of your race.
    I honestly think the only reason why she says the things she does is because she's been hurt by the
    things she's seen on here(Negative things about black women from time to time).But she needs to realize
    that this is just the internet.Black men are not like that for the most part.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    black women are stupid now for the way they get thier "Hair did"??.....wow
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    My beef w/ perms is the FLAGRANT destruction it causes. Anyone who lives in a community w/ a sizable black population has seen these chicks w/ exhausted scalps. Stingy ass short dry ponytails w/ the rubberband holding on for dear life. (sad thing is, we see children as young as preteens going through that) We've all seen that. And we ALL KNOW what causes that...

if u are willing to do that to urself or ur child knowing its probable outcome.........may the force be w/ you =/

but most people on earth have curly hair. A lot of these white folks w/ 'straight' hair, straighten that ? w/ irons. If they didnt theyed have them wide ass curls.

And ive seen a white chick w/ a literal afro...not a "jew-fro"...but an afro. Pale ass bosnian broad. Her hair looked like she a member of the black panthers. Full fro full of tiny black curls...granted it was a cell phone photo and she was getting her hair done and wouldnt DARE go out like that ( i suggested she do so though lol). Hey, that left me in shock. Ive never seen no ? like that prior to her

but, ladies plz dont destroy that hair of urs plz. Afros are beautiful. stingy ass ponytails are not. A lot of mofos go to weave and them ratchet ass microbraids cause they cant do anything else. ugh
  • phantom0900
    phantom0900 Members Posts: 1,313 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Yummy.Lix wrote: »
    To me, it is "just hair." There are too many other things in this world that we need to be worry about other than hair.Of course, we all know or have heard of the theory of black hair & the perm.I heard the story/discussion a million times.It's becoming one of those topics like "light skin," vs. "dark skin." The topic is getting old.The fact is, people know about the theory of black hair.Now it's up to them to choose what they want to do with their hair.We have some women going natural.We have some women using a perm & we have some women using weaves.Out of all the black women in the USA,you can't expect every one of them to choose to go "natural."It's just not going to happen.The women who choose perms & weaves have their reasons.Of course, out of those women who choose perms/weaves, there are the ones who probably do have self hatred issues.BUT can you honestly say that every black woman in America with natural hair are comfortable in their own skin?There are some Black American women who do not use perms or have never got a perm & don't like being black.There are SO many issues within the black community and what do black people focus on? Skin tone & hair.

You either didn't read what I wrote, our you aint comprehend it, either way please hit space twice after a period.
  • rose.amoureux
    rose.amoureux Members Posts: 2,046
    edited April 2011
    Good grief. Im tired of this natural vs. relaxed hair discussion.
  • Kushington
    Kushington Members Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    No nappy headed hoes
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011