Options
2»

Comments

• sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    You are a hypocrite ? and I HATE hypocrites.You are no better than the people you attack.Dark sin and afrocentricity does not define black people and is NOT the standard for beauty.You talk down on whites and lights and then complain about the degradation of dark skin.You are NOT even dark skinned ? and you seem to suffer from an identity crisis of what it means to be black.Black is what you make it.Who are you to say that a blonde weave is not attractive or is not a standard of beauty? You nappy headed baboon face looking self.

now was that necessary? show sum respect ? ...its her opinion(A Good One) so slow ya role
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    Options
    is it just me or do i see black women in good roles in hollywood as much as they are in bad roles?
  • Kushington
    Kushington Members Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    is it just me or do i see black women in good roles in hollywood as much as they are in bad roles?

nah it aint just you, black women get all types of roles

the t/s wont be happy until blue black ? is seen as the most beautiful and talented women in the world
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    Options
    black people need to stay off of tv unless its sports, and even then we shouldnt do interviews
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »

i think its just you LOL

what do u perceive as "good" ???

only time i see black women in any "good" role its either

they are married to a white guy
    they are making an autobio (angela bassett as tina turner etc)
    the film is made by a black director

of course you have your anomalies but they wont be leading roles. such as gabriel union on bad boys 2
    even the princess and the frog was interacial
  • KinkyCurls
    KinkyCurls Members Posts: 1,353 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    You are a hypocrite ? and I HATE hypocrites.You are no better than the people you attack.Dark sin and afrocentricity does not define black people and is NOT the standard for beauty.You talk down on whites and lights and then complain about the degradation of dark skin.You are NOT even dark skinned ? and you seem to suffer from an identity crisis of what it means to be black.Black is what you make it.Who are you to say that a blonde weave is not attractive or is not a standard of beauty? You nappy headed baboon face looking self.

I rather be nappy headed than think like unlce ? ass tom ruckus like you do.
  • terbear
    terbear Members Posts: 928 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    what site is she on, just curious?
  • Jesus Jackson
    Jesus Jackson Members Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    KinkyCurls wrote: »
    I wish black people would create there own standard of beauty I want the africans and jamiacans to stop bleaching there skin, I want black women to let that perm go, to stop eating fast food and exercise a little. I want black men to appreciate dark skin and stop following white men, in everything just for once, stop wearing those skinny tight jeans trade them in for daishiki's,trade the skateboard in for african drums. trade that white is right mentality for black is beautiful. I want im a black and i am proud. I am tired of the blonde keri. the keri hilsons the beyonces the nicki minajs, wiz kalifa and chris brown. when has a white person ever put perm in there hair to get an afro??

I wish i was born in the 70s. :(
    If you WERE born in the 70's, you woulda seen a LOTTA White folks with afros. Even today you still see some.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Hollywood has been ? on the black image since it's beginning. And I wouldn't be so fast to be thanking TP. Ain't no telling how fast that script would change once the money stopped rolling in.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i think its just you LOL

what do u perceive as "good" ???

only time i see black women in any "good" role its either

they are married to a white guy
    they are making an autobio (angela bassett as tina turner etc)
    the film is made by a black director

of course you have your anomalies but they wont be leading roles. such as gabriel union on bad boys 2
    even the princess and the frog was interacial

you dont see doctors/lawyers/career women on television and film
  • longmeat
    longmeat Members Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    I cosign everything in this thread that is anti-fat women.

lol fiat for president
  • shawnbrown
    shawnbrown Members Posts: 2,256
    edited April 2011
    Options
    KinkyCurls wrote: »
    I wish black people would create there own standard of beauty I want the africans and jamiacans to stop bleaching there skin, I want black women to let that perm go, to stop eating fast food and exercise a little. I want black men to appreciate dark skin and stop following white men, in everything just for once, stop wearing those skinny tight jeans trade them in for daishiki's,trade the skateboard in for african drums. trade that white is right mentality for black is beautiful. I want im a black and i am proud. I am tired of the blonde keri. the keri hilsons the beyonces the nicki minajs, wiz kalifa and chris brown. when has a white person ever put perm in there hair to get an afro??

I wish i was born in the 70s. :(

Fucc outta here wit dis ?
  • darkrain
    darkrain Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    That's suck and many black actress are bad acting.

White actress>>>>>black actress.

I noticed Black Actress always play the same roles, the same acting, basically they played themselves.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Why would you want to work for a racist director anyways.? NEED TO MAKE MORE MOVIES INDEPENDENT AND SAY ? HOLLYWOOD.
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I will say, it was awesome to have not one but two black presidents on 24.
  • NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
    NAWLEDGE_REIGNS Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    T/S Stays Preaching To The Choir...