Teflon Don vs It Was Written

Options
Rhymesfinest
Rhymesfinest Members Posts: 1,892 ✭✭
edited April 2011 in The Face Off Forum
Better Album?

I think Teflon Don is Musically far better as far as Song Making, Artistically and replay value wise it's a better all rounded Album but It Was Written is a lil bit Lyrically better

Comments

• nyst8ofmin
    nyst8ofmin Members Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    suspect, shootouts, live ni99a rap, the message, street dreams, if i ruled the wordl, i gave you power...

yea, right.
  • J.18
    J.18 Members Posts: 81
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'm a Ross fan but there is no way TD is better than IWW.
  • ::::SKELETOR::::
    ::::SKELETOR:::: Members Posts: 35
    edited April 2011
    Options
    J.18 wrote: »
    I'm a Ross fan but there is no way TD is better than IWW.

co sign

• juelz21
    juelz21 Members Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    easily it was written is better then telfon don.
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited April 2011
    Options
    nyst8ofmin wrote: »
    suspect, shootouts, live ni99a rap, the message, street dreams, if i ruled the wordl, i gave you power...

yea, right.

Which are the dope song's from It Was Written but every song on Teflon Don is dope from start to finish and the best song's on Teflon Don are superior to those you just named from It Was Written

Replay Value
    Production
    Word Play
    Hook's/Chroruses
    Flow
    Delivery
    Song Crafting

^^^^ Are the reasons why i feel Teflon Don is a better album the content on both albums is pretty similar but Song for Song and just replay value wise Teflon Don is much superior
  • JadaRoss
    JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    teflon don hands down in a 5 more years
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I feel 'Tears Of Joy' is Rick Ross best song ever and i feel 'New York State Of Mind' is Nas best song ever

From a Music point of view as far as Song Crafting/Writting, Emotion, Replay Value, Content, Delivery, Message

'Tears Of Joy'>>>>>>>>>>>>'New York State Of Mind'

And even though Nas is the better Rapper i feel this scenario can be put for many Rick Ross vs Nas song's cos simply Nas may be the better Rapper but Rick Ross makes the better Music and is the better Song Crafter
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    this thread is serious?
  • juelz21
    juelz21 Members Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I feel 'Tears Of Joy' is Rick Ross best song ever and i feel 'New York State Of Mind' is Nas best song ever

From a Music point of view as far as Song Crafting/Writting, Emotion, Replay Value, Content, Delivery, Message

And even though Nas is the better Rapper i feel this scenario can be put for many Rick Ross vs Nas song's cos simply Nas may be the better Rapper but Rick Ross makes the better Music and is the better Song Crafter

nah nas is the better lyricist and if u want i can prove to you.
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Which are the dope song's from It Was Written but every song on Teflon Don is dope from start to finish and the best song's on Teflon Don are superior to those you just named from It Was Written

Replay Value
    Production
    Word Play
    Hook's/Chroruses
    Flow
    Delivery
    Song Crafting

^^^^ Are the reasons why i feel Teflon Don is a better album the content on both albums is pretty similar but Song for Song and just replay value wise Teflon Don is much superior

You have lost your mind....You are entitled to your opinion

If i ruled the world won a grammy...even the industry knew whats up

I gave you power is greater than any song ross has ever made from a creative standpoint.

Only built for cuban linx and IWW ushered mafioso rap and thats damn near what ross has based his whole career on
  • bigrizz
    edited April 2011
    Options

Tears of joy was only ill because Cee lo killed it....
  • JadaRoss
    edited April 2011
    Options
    bigrizz wrote: »
    Tears of joy was only ill because Cee lo killed it....

stop hating,that's a classic song
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Rick Ross very rarley does Hook's he is of those Rappers that fills his Albums up with a featured Singer doing the Hook on almost every song on the Album but he has a great ability to pick dope features for Hook's and we all know about his excellent ear for Beat's

Nas is similar he uses a lotta features for Hook's but he doesnt pick the best features like Ross as far as Hook's and even as a Nas fan i would honestly have to say Nas has the worst ear for Beat's ever
  • GoFoJoe
    GoFoJoe Members Posts: 147
    edited April 2011
    Options
    gtfoh its not even close IWW >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited April 2011
    Options
    juelz21 wrote: »
    nah nas is the better lyricist and if u want i can prove to you.

But see i don't just want Lyrics and specially when it's non relatable like a lotta Nas Lyrics

It's about the complete package of great Song Writting, Lyricism, Chroruses, Emotion, Delivery, Production, Flow etc it's in a nut shell about crafting dope Song's Rick Ross knows he isnt dope at doing Hook's so he says ok lemme put on a top notch Singer on the Hook to feature, he can pick ill Beat's and as far as Writting he can Write nice Verses and create Music with much higher replay value than Nas
  • pop duke
    pop duke Members Posts: 375
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Good thread but in all fairness I don't think you can compare a new cd to a 15yr old cd. IWW came out in '96 when A-Dat's was the popular studio tool & they were still using reel to reel's,nowadayz you have all types of new technology that has better clarity etc.
  • bigrizz
    edited April 2011
    Options
    JadaRoss wrote: »
    stop hating,that's a classic song

Whats classic about it..he aint re-invent the wheel....nice song, but classic? Maybe because No ID did the beat....

Id listen to soul food if i wanted classic cee lo

Whats even worse he called himself biggie smalls in the flesh....
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lollllllllllll
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited April 2011
    Options
    It's good Nas likes to talk about history but i find it can get really boring especially over poor bland Beat's with no emotion or charisma or any decent Delivery/Flow/Cadence the average listener doesnt wanna get educated by a person that dropped outta high school that doesnt even have a high school diploma people would rather learn from a qulified tacher than Rapper Nas best Song's are when he does that street ? but his street joints dont compare to real street Rappers songs Illmatic was Nas putting words together well but Rapping about nothing at all on a lotta song's where as Rick Ross albums are like movies really entertaining with smooth Word Play
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    come on now teflon don over it was written Teflon don's replay value has really fallen off to me Deeper than rap gets better with time
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    bigrizz wrote: »
    You have lost your mind....You are entitled to your opinion

If i ruled the world won a grammy...even the industry knew whats up

I gave you power is greater than any song ross has ever made from a creative standpoint.

Only built for cuban linx and IWW ushered mafioso rap and thats damn near what ross has based his whole career on

Nas has never won a Grammy.

IIW is one of my fav's, I like it better than Teflon Don.
  • JadaRoss
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i play teflon don everytime i head to work

i cant listen to nas's it was written like that,it bores me too quick
  • bigrizz
    edited April 2011
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »

My bad...just nominated

But creatively, it ? on TD
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited April 2011
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »

Teflon Don, Deeper Than Rap, Port Of Miami>>>>>>>Any Nas Album Musically, replay value wise and Song Making
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    yall ? be trippin with these threads