Comments

• Rhymesfinest
    Rhymesfinest Members Posts: 1,892 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    JadaRoss wrote: »
    i play teflon don everytime i head to work

i cant listen to nas's it was written like that,it bores me too quick

That is what a lotta people say that Nas is Music is boring and bland with really weak Production, poor Hook's, average Flow and weak Delivery he's a good Rapper but not someone you can be entertained by or bump in the whip
  • BeregTwo
    BeregTwo Members Posts: 3
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Хотите точно узнать, насколько Вы совместимы с этим мужчиной (или женщиной), узнать,
    что вас объединяет, а что является точкой раздора? Хотите заглянуть в ваше совместное
    будущее, буквально увидеть его? Хотите сравнить нескольких мужчин на совместимость?

Это легко сделать, если воспользоваться новой астрологической программой "TurboStar My Ideal",
    которая быстро и точно рассчитает Вашу совместимость, даст обоснованные советы и буквально
    откроет Вам глаза на ваши взаимотношения. Программа рассчитывает и анализирует
    гороскоп совместимости мужчины и женщины на уровне профессионального астролога.

Скачайте программу "TurboStar My Ideal" по любой из этих ссылок:

LetitBit.net: TurboStar_MyIdeal.exe
    Vip-File.com: TurboStar_MyIdeal.exe
    DepositFiles.com: TurboStar_MyIdeal.exe
    TurboBit.net: TurboStar_MyIdeal.exe
  • Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Pfff, IWW by like ten miles. I like teflon don, but c'mon son
  • redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    come on now teflon don over it was written Teflon don's replay value has really fallen off to me Deeper than rap gets better with time

this 10 characters
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Shady's back.............back again
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Im beginning to think people just listen to the beats and not the lyrics......
  • Kame
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ? its been awhile lol
  • nyst8ofmin
    nyst8ofmin Members Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    theres always gonna be a debate---ppl who were around when nas dropped this album will undoubtedly vote for nas moreso than rick ross.

and the youngins runnin with ross will most of the time say 'nas is boring' "wack beat selection" etc etc

but imo, nas takes ross in every category

but the eminiem stans* are in a world of thier own.

hi dretox
  • Hapu713
    Hapu713 Members Posts: 1
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Although I understand the sentiment behind paring such albums together, to do so and put it out on forums like ill community requires a collective UNDERSTANDING of in Hip-Hop as a WHOLE as opposed to just being PASSIONATE about whoever/whatever is "hot." Again, the question is quite provocative, but extremely PROBLEMATIC nonetheless. Particulary due to the "immediacy" of Hip-Hip. By immediacy, I'm speaking upon a great deal of what is considered "great" in Hip-Hop being rooted so much in the NOW. A reactionary, ahistorical, "what have you done for me lately?" mindset plagues a great number of so-called Hip-Hop fans. Simply put, Rick Ross is "hot" right now and Nas is not. So off that alone, the results will be skewed, regardless of the forum it's posted on. You think it would be enough that everyone from Jay Electronica to Lupe Fiasco to J. Cole to Drake have cited, at one point or another, 'It Was Written' as being EXTREMELY influential on how they developed as rap artists, as it correlates to their approach to wanting to make the "classic" hip-hop album. Lupe even went as far as stating he structured his debut album, "Food and Liquor" around It Was Written. Yes, 'Teflon Don' is a great album. Great replay value. But that doesn't correlate to a classic. But with Hip-Hop - or should I say "rap?" - fans being so fickle, how do you explain this on such a forum. Watch the replies for this post alone. Although the majority will very much understand or agree, there will surely be those with some off the wall, ignorant replies, clearly showing their lack of understanding of, I could say Hip-Hop, but just the dynamics behind a classic rap album alone. A more balanced question would be to compare 'Teflon Don' to say 'Get Rich Or Die Tryin'. On too many degrees, this question is simply not VALID. Now someone can easily reply, "who the ? made you Hip-Hop police?" To which I respond "? please." A line has to be drawn somewhere to where a certain understanding of Hip-Hip is required to even speak upon certain topics, let alone answer questions like the one posted.
  • MrCrafty
    MrCrafty Members Posts: 1,624
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    come on now teflon don over it was written Teflon don's replay value has really fallen off to me Deeper than rap gets better with time

teflon don >>>Dtr (both classics doe)

Iww >> teflon don
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Rick Ross has a nice catalouge not a certified universally acclaimed classic but all his album's are around 9/10 so he has released about 3-4 near classics while Illmatic is Nas only classic album and Nas has released some aweful albums like Nastradamus, Streets Disciple, Hip Hop Is Dead etc and overall all his Album have some of the weakest Beat's ever and most have no replay value
  • bigrizz
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Rick Ross has a nice catalouge not a certified universally acclaimed classic but all his album's are around 9/10 so he has released about 3-4 near classics while Illmatic is Nas only classic album and Nas has released some aweful albums like Nastradamus, Streets Disciple, Hip Hop Is Dead etc and overall all his Album have some of the weakest Beat's ever and most have no replay value

You must not like actual lyrical artists?
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Nas as an overall Rapper>>>>>>>Ross as an overall Rapper

Rick Ross Music>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nas Music

Rick Ross album's and song's>>>>>>>>>>>>Nas album's and song's

Rick Ross Hit's>>>>>>>>>>>>Nas Hit's

Production, Word Play, ear for Singers on Hook's, ear for Production, Flow, Delivery, Voice>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nas
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    nyst8ofmin wrote: »
    suspect, shootouts, live ni99a rap, the message, street dreams, if i ruled the wordl, i gave you power...

yea, right.

• JadaRoss
    JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    That is what a lotta people say that Nas is Music is boring and bland with really weak Production, poor Hook's, average Flow and weak Delivery he's a good Rapper but not someone you can be entertained by or bump in the whip

i always start yawning everytime i listen to his albums

im not saying he's not a dope rapper he just need better beats
  • nyst8ofmin
    edited April 2011
    Options
    bigrizz wrote: »

eminem what?
  • bigrizz
    edited April 2011
    Options
    How nas losing wit 7 plat albums and 4 gold?
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited April 2011
    Options

Nas is a Lyricist but he's not a real Artist he can't perform ill Hook's, pick dope Beat's, Write Hit Singles, switch up his content, Flow well to be a true Artist
  • bigrizz
    edited April 2011
    Options
    nyst8ofmin wrote: »
    eminem what?

i dont support racist junkies, sorry....
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Im beginning to think people just listen to the beats and not the lyrics......
    Sometimes it depends on how you live:

If I was Riding the subway and catching cabs in NewYork with my headphones on I'd prolly be listening to IWW
    if I was in a sunny city riding around in my chevy with 12's in my trunk then I'd prolly be listening to Teflon Don
  • nyst8ofmin
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Hapu713 wrote: »
    " A line has to be drawn somewhere to where a certain understanding of Hip-Hip is required to even speak upon certain topics, let alone answer questions like the one posted.

i agree 100000%
  • nyst8ofmin
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i dont support racist junkies, sorry....

i was waiting for dretox to reply with something m&m related.
    wasnt directed towards u
  • Kame
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Nas as an overall Rapper>>>>>>>Ross as an overall Rapper

Rick Ross Music>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nas Music

Rick Ross album's and song's>>>>>>>>>>>>Nas album's and song's

Rick Ross Hit's>>>>>>>>>>>>Nas Hit's

Production, Word Play, ear for Singers on Hook's, ear for Production, Flow, Delivery, Voice>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nas

Shadyteam what?
  • redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Sometimes it depends on how you live:

If I was Riding the subway and catching cabs in NewYork with my headphones on I'd prolly be listening to IWW
    if I was in a sunny city riding around in my chevy with 12's in my trunk then I'd prolly be listening to Teflon Don

true ? ....
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I peeped you frontin'
    You was in the Jeep slumped in the seat tinted wit' heat beats bumpin'
    Across the street you was wildin'
    Talkin' bout how you ran the island in '89