Time to be honest. How well do you drive and how well do you maintain you vehicle?

2»

Comments

• DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    blackrain wrote: »
    that's some ? that'll ? around and make a ? get you pregnant

LMAo!! Dont get it twisted though...its not something i would do on the regular. only if im broke lol it was hard work

yea Nthn...I changed my front and back brakes :D the most difficult part was tryna get the brakes off the car. Im not super strong so my instructor had to help me on 1 side cause the bolts were on tight as hell smh
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    Impressive Dee

I wouldn't even know the first thing about changing break pads/shoes . Anything that has to do with getting under the actual car freaks me out !

lol
  • MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    LMAo!! Dont get it twisted though...its not something i would do on the regular. only if im broke lol it was hard work

yea Nthn...I changed my front and back brakes :D the most difficult part was tryna get the brakes off the car. Im not super strong so my instructor had to help me on 1 side cause the bolts were on tight as hell smh

oh wow, you might want to get a car jack,
    CarJack.jpg
    when you are in a situation, where nobody is around to help, they have smaller ones where you can just put in the back of trunk of your car. These things can lift, about 1,000 pound of force, especially a car, if you trying to change your tires and such.
  • birdcallaveli
    birdcallaveli Members Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    driving - 9.8/10 i can be reckless at times, but im a great driver so it works. ive only been pulled over one time for going 105 in a 65 but i talked my way out of the ticket.

maintenance - 8/10 i do my oil, rotate tires, etc like i should, but sometimes i get lazy and dont wash my car as often as i should.

real talk though, i cant stand women drivers. they are the worst. i really feel like they should be required to take in car driving lessons or something, it seems like someone gives them they key and says "gas is on the right, breaks are on the left. dont forget to close the case tank door!" and they cant even do that right. the only time i ever wear my seat belt is if a woman is driving.

edit: my b for the slight women bashing, i didnt realize this was in the powder room. i still stand by what i said though.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2011
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    i drive pretty decent, i speed but i know whats around me, i guess the one "bad" thing about my driving is i RARELY use my indicator, i honesty dont see the point using it at times, so i rarely do
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2011
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Thanks for those tips Jamel! I seriously am paranoid as hell about blowouts...its an everyday thought while im driving. Now at least i'm a lil more prepared...cause i damn sure wouldve thought to step on the brakes dumb hard as my 1st defense. I'll definitely remember those tips...

and whats liquid wrench? The problem wasn't lifting the car up= i had a jack. i have one of those super expensive ones that lift 2500 pounds? some ? like that...really easy one i know that much. its taking the nuts and bolts off or whateva...i have little upper body strength...my skinny ass arms lol and my instructor said my car was unusually hard to get the tire off..it was only 1 side that i had the huge problem.

Working on my car was fun though. id take another class if it was offered.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2011
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    95% of the time someone does some stupid ? on the road in Tallahassee, they have a FAMU license plate, and are a woman. the other 5% are frat guys being idiots in their SUVs or trucks.
  • Keegann
    Keegann Members Posts: 4
    edited April 2011
    I was 15 year old when i learn to drive the vehicle and now i ma 25 year old...
    I have great experience of driving and drive very carefully and maintained my vehicle from our personnel mechanic..
    Los Angeles Boot Camp
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    I'm a good driver. I've had two speeding tickets so I had to ease up on the brakes. I've been in 2 accidents & they were both b/c WOMEN pulled out in front of me, but thats another story.

I'm cool on the maintenance. My dad made me learn almost everything before he would even let me get my license. Change a flat, rotate tires, oil change, change plugs/tune up...I've been doing all that for years now.

More women should learn this ? though. I remember this chick I went to school w/. We had a night class together, we get out early 1 day (lucky for her) & this chicks car wont start plus she had flat. She didnt know how to change a flat & didnt have any jumper cables...SMH. She's lucky I'm such a nice guy or her ass wouda been stranded that day.
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    I don''t get in accidents

but I'm heavy on the gas

my dad sends periodic texts to remind me of maintenance
  • dominique19
    dominique19 Members Posts: 295
    edited April 2011
    I'm a pretty good driver but I do tend to speed. I suck at mainintaining my vehicle only thing I do regularly is oil change