cm punk to leave wwe?

TheBoyRo
TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in Off The Turn Buckle
pwinsider.com

Former WWE World champion CM Punk has not signed a new WWE deal and there's been a lot of talk that Punk is looking to exit the company when his deal expires in a few months.

Internally, that possibility has been discussed for some time but during the European tour, discussion of Punk's exit came more and more to the forefront.

According to WWE sources, Punk has been offered a new long-term deal but has balked at signing, citing burnout with being on the road for years and unhappiness with his position in the company over the last year.

As one source pointed out, Punk has been something of an "Iron Man" for the company, working full-time on the road with the exception of his hip injury needing to be rehabbed last year. At the same time, despite delivering with whatever was handed to him creatively, Punk has watched as other talents developed since he debuted ended up pushed as bigger names and treated as more important than Punk, including Miz and Alberto Del Rio.

"When you look at how the company brands it's characters, Punk is never among the top 5-8 names that are promoted or pushed," said the WWE office source. "It's Cena, Orton, Miz, Undertaker, Rey, now Alberto, etc. these days and Punk is sort of floating right under there. He didn't fit into the youth drive a few months back but he's not treated like a top veteran either. He's just there, doing his job and while everyone knows he delivers, he's never really treated like someone who does. He's never dropped the ball but we don't give it to him really, either. He's treated like a guy, but not THE guy. For a driven guy like him who's made wrestling his entire world, it's got to drive him crazy. Now, the excuse will be don't push Punk because he might be leaving, but the reality is the environment and situation is what is probably making him want to leave to begin with. Either it gets fixed or it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, just like it did when Batista walked out."

As is the norm with such situations, a new deal could be struck at any point, but as more and more sources discuss Punk leaving the company as a distinct possibility, time will tell. We'll have more when we get it.

Comments

• TheBoyRo
    edited April 2011
    so this is what happens when, yet AGAIN, wwe doesnt push its own creation?? sad............
  • ToWn_DrUnK
    ToWn_DrUnK Members Posts: 1,018
    edited April 2011
    but for punk he won't fit in tna so hope wwe gives what he wants..they really need to jsut get the belt off miz ....and let punk go solo ? the wack nexus
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    that would be a huge lauce...he really has made the best out of what he's been given, and rarely disappoints in the ring...
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    the problem is, the E passes the belt around so often, once someone starts to get comfortable with the title, and the fans get used to it, they change it up. Then the guy who had the belt gets pushed down to the midcard, and only the "money makers" maintain their position on top of the card, regardless of what they're doing.

putting a belt on someone doesn't get them over, IMO. ? , Jake Roberts never held a title in the WWF and he was over, heel or face.

It's all the writers fault when someone doesn't get over. Instead of coming up with lame angles and storylines, let the dudes be themselves just a bit. That's how Rock, Stone Cold, and others during that era got over; they put a little of themselves, in some cases, a lot of themselves, into their character to get over.

But in this case, Punk wants out because he's tired of traveling, and the topping is the lack of push. The E needs to take heed to these guys wanting time off, and at least maintain their position when they come back, if they are granted time off. ? , do it like back in the 80's where a dude would do a promo from home, just to keep his face out there. Pay him a stack just to do the interview or promo; at least then when he returns, the fans have a built up anticipation for the guy.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    Wwe losing there minds with hbk,taker,hhh gone basically ? need to start building mofos who are going to hold down the company for the next generation
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    with orton off raw and if punk leavs makes raw less interesting i cant stand the miz and the way he fights he makes it too fake
  • think
    think Members Posts: 687
    edited April 2011
    Punk should be more patient. I remember Orton floating around in 06-07 in the midcard. Punk was champ in 2009 and is probably the next heel to get it on RAW after The Miz.
  • TheBoyRo
    edited April 2011
    nodq.com

As we reported this week, RAW superstar CM Punk is said to be unhappy in WWE and is considering leaving the company when his contract expires later this year. Punk is burned out from 5 years on the road with WWE and is not happy with other stars such as The Miz and Alberto Del Rio getting pushed over him.

WWE wants to keep Punk on the roster and have offered him a new longterm deal, which he's yet to sign. It's interesting to note that CM Punk's real-life girlfriend Beth Phoenix was traded to the RAW brand during Tuesday's Supplemental Draft - which could be seen as a move by WWE to make life better for Punk on the road.

Punk's possible departure from WWE later this year has been one of the main topics of discussion behind the scenes this week. Punk has been dating Beth Phoenix for the past several months and the two are reportedly a very serious couple.

WWE has made roster trades in the past to keep superstar-diva couples together - with the most notable example being Michelle McCool being moved to SmackDown a few years ago so she could travel with her husband, The Undertaker.
  • Mally_G
    edited April 2011
    Way to go WWE, throw the man some ? to keep him happy

that ? still won't make up for everything else they doing.

helping the man buss a nut ain't going to do it
  • dalyricalbandit
    edited April 2011
    word he bussin down beth i aint know that ? ..
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    I cant even remember when he had a significant win, they been jobbing him out to Cena and Orton for months
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    nodq.com

As we reported this week, RAW superstar CM Punk is said to be unhappy in WWE and is considering leaving the company when his contract expires later this year. Punk is burned out from 5 years on the road with WWE and is not happy with other stars such as The Miz and Alberto Del Rio getting pushed over him.

WWE wants to keep Punk on the roster and have offered him a new longterm deal, which he's yet to sign. It's interesting to note that CM Punk's real-life girlfriend Beth Phoenix was traded to the RAW brand during Tuesday's Supplemental Draft - which could be seen as a move by WWE to make life better for Punk on the road.

Punk's possible departure from WWE later this year has been one of the main topics of discussion behind the scenes this week. Punk has been dating Beth Phoenix for the past several months and the two are reportedly a very serious couple.

WWE has made roster trades in the past to keep superstar-diva couples together - with the most notable example being Michelle McCool being moved to SmackDown a few years ago so she could travel with her husband, The Undertaker.

I read Beth Phoenix was married to some Cruiserweight Indy wrestler...
  • think
    think Members Posts: 687
    edited April 2011
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    I read Beth Phoenix was married to some Cruiserweight Indy wrestler...

Yeah, it was on Wikipedia last time I read it.
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    i hope he doesnt come to TNA. i hate him.
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    word he bussin down beth i aint know that ? ..

Last time I heard he was dating Lita, so when did this happen?
  • dalyricalbandit
    edited April 2011
    south4life wrote: »
    Last time I heard he was dating Lita, so when did this happen?

its like a straight up orgy feast in wwe
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    its like a straight up orgy feast in wwe

Lita been passed around Lol
    She went from Essa Rios to Matt Hardy to Edge to CM Punk and whoever else we haven't heard she been with Lol.
    In the words of Ludacris "You'z A ? ....? "!
  • TheBoyRo
    edited April 2011
    south4life wrote: »
    Lita been passed around Lol
    She went from Essa Rios to Matt Hardy to Edge to CM Punk and whoever else we haven't heard she been with Lol.
    In the words of Ludacris "You'z A ? ....? "!

sunny in her WWF days was a ? too, getting with hbk, bret hart, ahmed johnson, etc
  • dalyricalbandit
    edited April 2011
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    sunny in her WWF days was a ? too, getting with hbk, bret hart, ahmed johnson, etc

vince but that ? vince be taking down all them hoes
  • TheBoyRo
    edited April 2011
    vince but that ? vince be taking down all them hoes

i bet its a requirement too to get into wwe, if u fine, vince gotta smash to make it official
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    i wouldnt feel too bad if he left he is just "a guy" when i see him wrestle nothing much to talk about and nexus is nothing without that undercover genius wade barrett
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    punk is easily my favorite heel in the wwe right now....

i'd be ? if they let him go...
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    I dont blame him if he did leave, when was the last time he came out of a feud looking strong
  • Mally_G
    edited April 2011
    i still wonder why kats still sign with the WWE after all the history of ? that goes on
  • Cactus Jack
    Cactus Jack Members Posts: 147
    edited April 2011
    He should start a feud with Kofi Kingston.