Options
2»

Comments

• Cactus Jack
    Cactus Jack Members Posts: 147
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »
    i still wonder why kats still sign with the WWE after all the history of ? that goes on

Because of money and media exposure? Don't be a ? ? .
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    If he does,I dont blame Punk for leavin. they aint did nothin but ? on him.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »
    i still wonder why kats still sign with the WWE after all the history of ? that goes on

Because TNA is where it's at right?
  • goodjiya
    goodjiya Members Posts: 3
    edited May 2011
    Options
    the one that used to walk with him when he was coming out and stuff.
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Because of money and media exposure? Don't be a ? ? .
    shenco wrote: »
    Because TNA is where it's at right?

I know that about the exposure and the checks. If it don't work out, when they go back independent, they can up their appearance fee solely on being a former WWE talent. And TNA is always a second option for most kats that don't cut it in the WWE. It only depends on how big of a deal you were in the WWE before TNA shows interest in you.

But I'm just saying; with all the ? that goes on, why waste away at least 5 years of your career doing nothing or looking like a joke in the WWE? We all know the history of that if they didn't make you, then you have no chance of succeeding. Some of gotten over after being a known wrestler from the independents, but it's very rare that it happens, and most of the time it only happens because there's no one else left to put over; so their push is phony only to end when the WWE's right guy comes along.
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    wrestlezone.com

In an update to an earlier report concerning CM Punk's future with the WWE, I have learned that a major issue in the negotiations of CM Punk re-signing with the company is the trademark of his name.

As of now, Vince McMahon and the WWE don't own the name CM Punk. They would like him to sign over the rights to the name which appears to be a hold up in a quick agreement between both sides to continue working together long term.

It appears that CM Punk would like to remain with the WWE but wants to be sure he looks out for himself. As one source told me, "Punk knows that WWE is the secure place for him to be at this point in his career but is a smart business man."

CM Punk is one of the few wrestlers who was well established on the independent circuit and kept his ring name when being signed by the WWE. It is common the WWE gives the performer a name change so they do have ownership and rights to their WWE identity. Bryan Danielson's name being changed to Daniel Bryan is a recent example.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i can totally understand CM Punk's dilemma. The ball is in his court though.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i definitely wouldnt sign over them rights tho...
  • TheBoyRo
    edited May 2011
    Options
    nodq.com

Paul Heyman is making headlines today with some controversial remarks about how WWE is handling the career of Nexus leader CM Punk.

Amid reports that CM Punk is unhappy behind the scenes and is considering leaving WWE when his contract expires later this year, Paul Heyman wrote on Twitter (@heymanhustle):

"I'm sure he will get heat for me saying this, but @CMPunk is STILL the most underutilized talent on the WWE roster. And my apologies to @CMPunk for the heat he'll get, but come on already. Punk is the best heel in the biz today! WAKE THE F**K UP! It's amazing to me (and not in a good way) that WWE doesn't see how @CMPunk has brought out the best in every opponent."

CM Punk caught wind of Paul Heyman's rant and responded with:

"oh you know me, if I don't have heat I'm doing something wrong. Keeps me warm."

WWE Hall of Fame Steve Austin, who has exchanged words with Punk over Twitter in recent weeks, quoted Paul Heyman's tweet and added, "Agreed.
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    CM Punk better not sign over his name. He'll be in another promotion by the name of CP Munk.
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Really wish he came back to TNA but heard he hates that organization with a passion.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The 'E = Bad Boy of the wrestling game. Trying to sign that man's name over to them and ? .

"We'll be ? you, ? you, ? you..."

Here's the thing: if Punk leaves the E, TNA can't really push him cause they're just not that big enough, especially with WWE folk migrating over on the regular now. But The E is killing him and he should've BEEN won that damn WWE belt.

What really needs to happen is after Cena knocks off the Miz once more to get him tempoarily out of the picture, Punk needs to win the belt from Cena with that help of the new Nexus, which would give them some credibility again. (Lord knows they need it; they haven't been ? since Barrett left). Punk holds on the belt until around WM or so, and Cena gets it back, right in time for the showdown with the Rock.

There. Two birds killed in one stone.
  • TheBoyRo
    edited May 2011
    Options
    nodq.com

- At last word from this week's WWE TV tapings, CM Punk has not re-signed a new contract. His current one expires at the end of the Summer.

Punk is giving indications that he will be leaving when the contract expires but WWE is still trying to sign him.

Word is that at one point, WWE offered Punk a role in a future WWE Studios movie.

i smell a punk/cena feud brewing.......
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited May 2011
    Options
    need to let cm rock the belt in a rivalry wit cena...then in case he decides to leave have him drop that ? at summerslam
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited May 2011
    Options
    CM Punk vs Samoa Joe rivalry On impact 2012. Be there.
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    nodq.com

- At last word from this week's WWE TV tapings, CM Punk has not re-signed a new contract. His current one expires at the end of the Summer.

Punk is giving indications that he will be leaving when the contract expires but WWE is still trying to sign him.

Word is that at one point, WWE offered Punk a role in a future WWE Studios movie.

i smell a punk/cena feud brewing.......

LOL, A role in another straight to DVD release, SMH
  • TheBoyRo
    edited May 2011
    Options
    need to let cm rock the belt in a rivalry wit cena...then in case he decides to leave have him drop that ? at summerslam

punk do deserve a world title run, think he would stay if he won the title AND changed the belt to look normal again??
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The thing is when he had a feud with John Cena before, they had Cena SUPERMAN The New Nexus.
    So a feud with Cena for the belt is only gonna benefit Cena to make him look like a Super Hero even more and still keep the belt.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited May 2011
    Options
    superman cena is woat..

almost make me think there is no way rock is losing at wrestlemania tho..
  • young law
    young law Members Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    wait,
    why would he be leaving???

does he wanna go back to indies to "be free" or go to japan and work stiff???

is the touring too much???
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    He's been with the company for years, he's made their guys look good the entire time, and they've never really pushed him into the main event scene like he feels he deserves.

So he's seeing what he's worth to them.