Options

Comments

• joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    louis rich wrote: »
    some people will never understand........PSN cards FTW...."kanye shrug"

Luckily I don't have a choice. I can only use PSN cards.

But I would feel safer if it was my CC being used because I'm supposed to have about $ 60.00 in my wallet and I'm wondering if that is safe. At least if they use my CC, I won't lose.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I haven't noticed anything wrong w my account yet, I'll have to recheck though.
  • Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I didn't even put any credit card info on PSN. ? these ? gonna do... send a bunch pizza to my house?
  • I.B. Blackman
    I.B. Blackman Members Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Sheeeeit..... Glad i don't have to worry 'bout none of that ? yall.....

dreamcast.jpg

DreamCast FTW!!!
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Whoops. Lemme transfer my dough to my secondary checking account right now.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lol let me check my ? to make sure
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I want a dreamcast how much them ? runnin
  • Bcotton5
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I want a dreamcast how much them ? runnin

lol I paid 19.99 at gamestop like 6-7 years ago

and got like 4 of the memory card gameboy looking things for 1.50 each

then I burned every game onto cd-r's for free lol
  • DaFifthElement
    edited April 2011
    Options
    haha nice! ima call my gamestop see if they got one.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    *signed into xbox live post*

Oh nvm me just passing through
  • DaFifthElement
    edited April 2011
    Options
    PSN still down?

[IMG]http://cdn0.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/113/072/original/btch-plz-Y-U-no-? .jpg?1302550530[/IMG]

• VIBE
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Man, ? Karl! lol

I just hear on youtube, a commentator who does CoD vids had about $1200 lost. ? is nuts! I'm gonna cancel my current card and get a new one, ? ? ass hackers. I know they'll be caught, can't wait...
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    no problems so far ::Crosses fingers::

on top of that, just got my tax refund. should i cop a 360? lol
  • Bcotton5
    edited April 2011
    Options
    http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/27/sony-new-ps3-firmware-to-accompany-psn-relaunch-network-being/

"Sony has posted an updated PSN outage FAQ on the PlayStation Blog, and while some information it contains seems to reiterate things we already know -- "some services" will return within a week, you should monitor your credit card(s) -- new details have been brought to light.

First off, Sony is "working on a new system software update that will require all users to change their password once PlayStation Network is restored." It's also been confirmed that PSN is being physically rebuilt as a result of last week's intrusion. SCEA PR director Patrick Seybold states in the FAQ that the company is "moving our network infrastructure and data center to a new, more secure location, which is already underway."

Also revealed: While "the entire credit card table was encrypted" and there remains "no evidence that credit card data was taken," PSN's personal data table "was not encrypted, but was, of course, behind a very sophisticated security system." Not sophisticated enough, apparently."
  • Bcotton5
    edited April 2011
    Options
    http://www.giantbomb.com/news/sony-publishes-qa-to-address-more-psn-concerns-still-unanswered-questions/3095/

Q: Are you working with law enforcement on this matter?
    A: Yes, we are currently working with law enforcement on this matter as well as a recognized technology security firm to conduct a complete investigation. This malicious attack against our system and against our customers is a criminal act and we are proceeding aggressively to find those responsible.

Q: Was my personal data encrypted?
    A: All of the data was protected, and access was restricted both physically and through the perimeter and security of the network. The entire credit card table was encrypted and we have no evidence that credit card data was taken. The personal data table, which is a separate data set, was not encrypted, but was, of course, behind a very sophisticated security system that was breached in a malicious attack.

Q: Was my credit card data taken?
    A: While all credit card information stored in our systems is encrypted and there is no evidence at this time that credit card data was taken, we cannot rule out the possibility. If you have provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity, out of an abundance of caution we are advising you that your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may have been obtained. Keep in mind, however that your credit card security code (sometimes called a CVC or CSC number) has not been obtained because we never requested it from anyone who has joined the PlayStation Network or Qriocity, and is therefore not stored anywhere in our system.

Q: What if I don’t know which credit card I’ve got attached to my PlayStation Network account?
    A: If you’ve added funds to your PlayStation Network wallet in the past, you should have received a confirmation email from “DoNotReply@ac.playstation.net” at the email address associated with your account. This email would have been sent to you immediately after you added the funds, and will contain the first 4 digits and last 4 digits of your credit card number. You can also check your previous credit card statements to determine which card was attached to your PlayStation Network or Qriocity accounts.

Q: When or how can I change my PlayStation Network password?
    A: We are working on a new system software update that will require all users to change their password once PlayStation Network is restored. We will provide more details about the new update shortly.

Q: What steps is Sony taking to protect my personal data in the future?
    A: We’ve taken several immediate steps to add protections for your personal data. First, we temporarily turned off PlayStation Network and Qriocity services and, second, we are enhancing security and strengthening our network infrastructure. Moving forward, we are initiating several measures that will significantly enhance all aspects of PlayStation Network’s security and your personal data, including moving our network infrastructure and data center to a new, more secure location, which is already underway. We will provide additional information on these measures shortly.

Q: Has Sony identified the party or parties responsible for the PlayStation Network hack and subsequent theft of personal information?
    A: We are currently conducting a thorough investigation of the situation and are working closely with a recognized technology security firm and law enforcement in order to find those responsible for this criminal act no matter where in the world they might be located.

Q: When will the PlayStation Network and Qriocity be back online?
    A: Our employees have been working day and night to restore operations as quickly as possible, and we expect to have some services up and running within a week from yesterday. However, we want to be very clear that we will only restore operations when we are confident that the network is secure.
  • mindright
    mindright Members Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    gucci7383 wrote: »
    the psn has been down almost a week..and people wait until today when sony says your cc info may have been stolen by hackers and all of a sudden people come outta the woodworks and claim they've had money stolen from them..where were these people over the weekend

My cc info was stolen. I checked my statement cause I saw my balance was $300 more than what it should be. I checked my history and found that someone charged $300 worth of merchandise from a store called ASDA Superstore. So I thought to myself, what/where is that? Come to find out, it's a grocery super store in the UK. PS network is the only spot I used my credit card online other than purchases I made where my credit card never left my sight.

my only conclusion is my cc info was jacked from the PSN. The last time I was in London, I was 10 and I flew into Heathrow on my way to Germany and I didn't stop at the ASDA Superstore.

Sony messed up and they trying to save face before it really gets real.
  • Bcotton5
    edited April 2011
    Options
    mindright wrote: »
    My cc info was stolen. I checked my statement cause I saw my balance was $300 more than what it should be. I checked my history and found that someone charged $300 worth of merchandise from a store called ASDA Superstore. So I thought to myself, what/where is that? Come to find out, it's a grocery super store in the UK. PS network is the only spot I used my credit card online other than purchases I made where my credit card never left my sight.

my only conclusion is my cc info was jacked from the PSN. The last time I was in London, I was 10 and I flew into Heathrow on my way to Germany and I didn't stop at the ASDA Superstore.

damn I need to check my ? now
  • mindright
    mindright Members Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    damn I need to check my ? now

that's what I'm saying.. when I did use my cc on the PSN something told me not to do it, but I wanted to get that COD map pack. I usually buy network cards, but this time I said eff it and look what happened. Check ur statements, look at them real close. I would've overlooked that London charge if I didn't backtrack all the moves i made with that cc.
  • joshuaboy
    edited April 2011
    Options

my only conclusion is my cc info was jacked from the PSN.
    The last time I was in London, I was 10 and I flew into Heathrow on my way to Germany and I didn't stop at the ASDA Superstore.

Might not necessarily have been the case. But still investigate - you can get compensated if Sony is at fault.

A lot of times, people actually get your info from the banks themselves' poor security (or dishonest employees).
  • joshuaboy
    edited April 2011
    Options
    that's what I'm saying.. when I did use my cc on the PSN something told me not to do it, but I wanted to get that COD map pack. I usually buy network cards, but this time I said eff it and look what happened. Check ur statements, look at them real close. I would've overlooked that London charge if I didn't backtrack all the moves i made with that cc.

Same here - I don't have a choice, I can't use my CC on PSN.

Man, I don't wait for statements. Get online banking and monitor your ? every other day.
  • DaFifthElement
    edited April 2011
    Options
    whats so crazy is that when i try to log into my online banking it says my ? been blocked.
  • Bcotton5
    edited April 2011
    Options
    whats so crazy is that when i try to log into my online banking it says my ? been blocked.

lol I forgot my login info for my online banking I gotta go to the bank later anyway
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DaFifthElement
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Don't cosign that ? PimpMVP
  • VIBE
    edited April 2011
    Options

Tre Brotherhood is dead....

KOA husband done threw away his PS3