Obama releases long-form birth certificate

13»

Comments

• rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Did everyone hear what Trump recently said? How he now wants Obama's college school records released and even said, "How did this guy get into these school". What Donald? it's too hard for you to understand a brotha got into Harvard coming from a poor family unlike yourself who's was given a silver spoon from birth?. See what I mean, again I know people don't want to talk about race but the "RACE CARD" has been pulled. This birther ish is nothing more than a bunch of racist hating on Obama. Sure some of the birthers are just people that hate Obama and race isn't the motivation but most of the birthers in my opinion are only on this "He wasn't born here" cause he's Black.

Again no other President has been asked to "Show his Papers" after he was elected by the people of this country. So Obama, from a poor family, single mother household. Father that wasn't around. Raises up and goes to the best schools, graduates with great grades. Becomes a community organizer and then a senator. Then becomes President against all historical odds and still and still it's not enough for White America. He must now 2 years into his administration, prove he was born here, prove his college records because hey, how does a Black Guy get into Harvard?. SMH. I'm so sick of the racist how they just cannot let this "White/Black" ish gio.
  • elhuey
    elhuey Members Posts: 156
    edited April 2011
    janklow wrote: »
    yeah, her ? supporters were pushing it in the summer of 2008. the first guy to file one of these Birther lawsuits was Philip Berg ... a Democrat supporter of Hillary Clinton. it just happens that crazy dudes on the right have managed to run with this nonsense.

it's actually more about a long-standing truthfulness issue with Trump. he's rich, but not as rich as he claims and not for the reasons he claims. inevitably, when compared against other rich men, his proven worth seems lacking, so he begins to make completely unsupported claims about how much he is worth (claims that sometimes have he saying what he's worth is based on "how he feels that day.")

so people often ask him to release documentation supporting HIS claims and he always, always dodges them. he said he'd release his tax records if Obama released his birth certificate because he assumed that, at this point, Obama wouldn't. that's why there's nary a hint of him manning up and releasing those tax records now; instead, he's immediately moved on to this "Obama's a bad student."

it also goes to the point that Trump's "main asset" is that he's this smart businessman. if you're rich because your father gave you a lot of money... and you keep getting kicked off boards when your businesses enter bankruptcy... and your actual major business is renting your name to be attached to stuff... then i am not sure what the ? he brings to the table other than the worst hairdo in America, a massive amount of self-importance, and the ability to be one of the few Republicans i want to slap in the face MORE than Palin.

also, i should make that "Republicans" since the guy was a Democrat for something like 20 years prior to this.

i also want to know how serious he can be about sticking it to China when his line of men's wear is made in China, but we can save that for another time.

interesting, after learning this, it doesn't seem like such a bad move on obama's part, like i have originally thought. but will trump haters push for trump to release his financial records like birthers push obama to release his birth certificate? or will people just forget and let trump getaway with ? ?
  • JadaRoss
    JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    The Birthers are evil
  • Sh0t
    Sh0t Members Posts: 1,162
    edited April 2011
    Nah trump has it right, but the answer is affirmative action. Obama was an underachiever if anything. Even during his state political career.

Richard Nixon, an outrageous overachiever, he is not.

Trump is a bad businessman except when it comes to promoting himself.

My favorite candidate is still an Empty Office.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    Damn, Trump is an even bigger clown than I thought.
    the one positive trait that Trump has is that he makes you realize that the politicians you thought were garbage moments ago are, at least, better than Trump
    Did everyone hear what Trump recently said? How he now wants Obama's college school records released and even said, "How did this guy get into these school". What Donald? it's too hard for you to understand a brotha got into Harvard coming from a poor family unlike yourself who's was given a silver spoon from birth?. See what I mean, again I know people don't want to talk about race but the "RACE CARD" has been pulled.
    actually, it's probably a mistake to assume it's solely about racism. Trump wants attention more than anything, and having essentially run the birth certificate thing into the ground... it's time to move on to something else.

he may actually be a racist or racist to some extent or whatever, but i don't think it's his main motivation. he wants attention and acting like a ridiculous brat has proven to be effective so far.
    elhuey wrote: »
    interesting, after learning this, it doesn't seem like such a bad move on obama's part, like i have originally thought. but will trump haters push for trump to release his financial records like birthers push obama to release his birth certificate? or will people just forget and let trump getaway with ? ?
    they'll push --to some extent, they have been asking him to talk up his talk for years-- but the problem is that if he's not really going to run --and i think this is all a big scam for attention-- then he never actually WILL.
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    janklow wrote: »
    he may actually be a racist or racist to some extent or whatever, but i don't think it's his main motivation. he wants attention and acting like a ridiculous brat has proven to be effective so far.

It's not a question of whether or not Trump is truly a racist deep down. The point is, with both the birth certificate and now the college thing, he's intentionally appealing to racists and encouraging every racially-motivated effort to de-legitimize Obama. It's an easy way to get a quick surge in popularity at this early point in the Republican primary trail, and it's also a sure way to make oneself unelectable. Like you said, he's not going to run, so that last part he doesn't really care about.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Trump needs to release paperwork that shows that is authentic squirrel on his head.

donald_trump_toupee.jpg

It's alive!
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    And Step wrote: »
    Trump needs to release paperwork that shows that is authentic squirrel on his head.

donald_trump_toupee.jpg

It's alive!

LOL, hell yeah, dude swear that's his real hair
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Man ? Donald Trump punk ? ass, I don't know why he even bothered bringing up that ? about Obama thinking it would help him win votes SMH.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited May 2011
    shootemwon wrote: »
    It's not a question of whether or not Trump is truly a racist deep down.
    well, it is with some people
    shootemwon wrote: »
    The point is, with both the birth certificate and now the college thing, he's intentionally appealing to racists and encouraging every racially-motivated effort to de-legitimize Obama. It's an easy way to get a quick surge in popularity at this early point in the Republican primary trail, and it's also a sure way to make oneself unelectable.
    well either we're agreeing or you should note that i have basically said this. he's a joke, plain and simple.