Terminator 5... Guess who's back???

Comments

• Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Mally_G wrote: »
    nah, i don't think the storyline is too convoluted. I feel it's pretty much str8 forward.

SkyNet's objective is to ? John Connor at all costs so machines will rule the world in the future. SkyNet view human beings as destructive entities that must be terminated to preserve Earth. If John Connor lives, then SkyNet and the Terminators will eventually be defeated, if not by John Connor himself, then by the resistance of freedom fighters that John Connor created.

In T-3, Arnold told John Connor that his model (T-800), disguised as the original terminator character will ? him because there is a place in John's heart that grew fond of the T-800 model. He lets the T-800 in too close and it kills him. I'm not sure if in Salvation the scene where the T-800 drives an steel bar through the chest of John, is where SkyNet believes John is actually killed. In T-3, Arnold says his model infiltrates John's headquarters and kills him there. But it has been said that the humans do defeat SkyNet, so SkyNet will stop at nothing to make sure that John Connor dies in any timeline possible.

The Terminator wikia answers a lot of questions.

But if you're still confused on the storyline, maybe this guy..........

robocop.jpg

...can save the day.

First Skynet sends a terminator bacc in time to ? Sarah Connor
    the resistance finds out and sends kyle reece to protect her
    little does anyone know that kyle reece is John Connors father.... and also younger than John Connor

thats a circle... kyle reece grows up to go bacc in time and die protecting Sarah Connor???

Kyle Reece grows up to be an officer under the man he will eventually go bacc in time to be the father of????

John Conner sends Kyle Reece bacc in time to be a sperm donor for John Connor???

John Connor sends his YOUNG father bacc in time to fucc his mammy and give birth to John Connor???

if you know anything about time travel you would know how convoluted this is lol

They say there is no fate except for what we make
    but it seems like Kyle Reece was always destined to be John Connor's father

In Terminator 1 it doesn't say whether or not John Connor knew that Kyle Reece would be his father
    I dont believe even Kyle Reece knew he would be John Connors father... he jus knew he was "in love" with Sarah Connor from that picture he had

BUT, if John Connor gave the pic of Sarah Connor to Kyle, does that mean John knew Kyle was his father.. or did he give Kyle the pic so he would know what Sarah Connor looked like when he goes bacc in time

Ok now in Salvation its obvious John already knows that Kyle Reece is his father

no movie storyline or plot is perfect... but Terminator makes my head hurt lol I'm probably jus dumb lol
  • robdaze151
    robdaze151 Banned Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    some of yall lost. salvation fell in line perfect with the franchise. it could come off as a prequel or a fourth installment. t3 just finalized the fact that there was no chance to stop the war with machines only to save john connor. i dont get whats so confusing people
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    edited April 2011
    robdaze151 wrote: »
    some of yall lost. salvation fell in line perfect with the franchise. it could come off as a prequel or a fourth installment. t3 just finalized the fact that there was no chance to stop the war with machines only to save john connor. i dont get whats so confusing people

Smdh it ain't ? they could do

even if Sarah hadve smoked that ? in T2... Skynet still wouldve taken over

even if they do defeat the machines.... it really ain't much a of world to salvage
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    robdaze151 wrote: »

thank you. at last somebody with sense
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    They will never be able to top the first one.....
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Salvation was just ass. It wasnt confusing, just ass.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    I dont consider salvation part of the franchise

It is part of the series. Salavtion is part of a new trilogy. Even an Arnold look a like was in it. I like Justin Lin, but I think the dude that directed Salvation needs to stay on board. Also is it just me or I'm I the only one that actually wants to see "Judgment Day" occur on the big screen? (They never showed the day of.)
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    i think in T1 or T2, when Sarah is recording those tapes for John, she even mentions that it is inevitable that the machines will rise and that there was nothing that could stop it from happening.

John's only cause in life was to make sure the human race doesn't become extinct because of machines.

Salvation could be a prequel or a 4th movie. There could be at least 2 more movies after Salvation that could show the relationship between John and Kyle grow and him schooling him on what he has to do to survive 1984 once they discover SkyNet has developed time travel.

They could treat this series like Star Wars where they fill in the gaps leading up to the first movie from 1984 with fresh new movies. Then after filling in the gaps, then they could continue the timeline of the war between man and machine after the bombs drop and show how the humans eventually take down SkyNet, because it is said, that SkyNet will eventually fall.

I don't see how some people are confused by the series. That's like people saying they are confused by Pulp Fiction when that movie was intentionally featured out of sequence.

It is part of the series. Salavtion is part of a new trilogy. Even an Arnold look a like was in it. I like Justin Lin, but I think the dude that directed Salvation needs to stay on board. Also is it just me or I'm I the only one that actually wants to see "Judgment Day" occur on the big screen? (They never showed the day of.)

At the end of T3 is where you see the beginning of Judgement Day. The T-100's were out killing everyone, and the mini HKs were doing the same. If you're talking about SkyNet taking over the world's military missile controls units and firing nukes, rockets, and missiles down onto the surface, then that's a different scene all together. Just go back to T2 and see the dream sequence Sarah had at the park with the children when the nuke dropped and she got blown away.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    T3>>Salvation..

i liked T3 a lot
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    t1000>>>>>>>>>>
  • robdaze151
    robdaze151 Banned Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    T3 was pretty damn good the best part about that was the braud in the movie. when she popped up but nakey walking i wanted to jump throu the screen and ? her.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    T3 wasn't horrible but after T1 & T2 it makes T3 seem like filler. T4 was just weak. Bale was not a good John Conner. And the fake Arnold at the end did the series no justice. I wish James would take this series back but he's too busy now with "Avatar" sequels that will be coming up in the next 3 years. I think T5 has potential with Justin Lin. I just watched "Fast Five" and it seems his action skills have gotten better (Even though he's clearly influenced by Michael Bay). Arnold just want to make a movie now that he's not the govenator. I say let the story continue after T4 and have Arnold fighting the resistance in the future, that would be dope.
  • Mally_G
    edited April 2011
    T3 wasn't horrible but after T1 & T2 it makes T3 seem like filler. T4 was just weak. Bale was not a good John Conner. And the fake Arnold at the end did the series no justice. I wish James would take this series back but he's too busy now with "Avatar" sequels that will be coming up in the next 3 years. I think T5 has potential with Justin Lin. I just watched "Fast Five" and it seems his action skills have gotten better (Even though he's clearly influenced by Michael Bay). Arnold just want to make a movie now that he's not the govenator. I say let the story continue after T4 and have Arnold fighting the resistance in the future, that would be dope.

It would be a great story to make T5, where John Connor's attraction to the T-800 is detailed based on past events from T2 and T3, trusting the model during the entire movie, going into battle with the model, then eventually, the T-800 killing him. T6 could be the Resistance defeating SkyNet and ending the series. If whomever owns the rights wants to, could do some prequel movies that show the war between man and machine, SkyNet developing and creating the many terminators, SkyNet mastering time travel, John Connor training Kyle Reece and telling him his mission, and everything else they want to fill in to lead up to the 1984 movie.
    eventually
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    edited April 2011
    Mally_G wrote: »
    It would be a great story to make T5, where John Connor's attraction to the T-800 is detailed based on past events from T2 and T3, trusting the model during the entire movie, going into battle with the model, then eventually, the T-800 killing him. T6 could be the Resistance defeating SkyNet and ending the series. If whomever owns the rights wants to, could do some prequel movies that show the war between man and machine, SkyNet developing and creating the many terminators, SkyNet mastering time travel, John Connor training Kyle Reece and telling him his mission, and everything else they want to fill in to lead up to the 1984 movie.
    eventually

or they can let John Connor live... becuz after the events of T3 he now knows that T-800 is responsible for his death in the future
    with that knowledge he can be prepared and avoid his death at the hands of the T-800

plus now John has a mechanical heart... I'm pretty sure he's capable of doin some superhuman type ? now
  • sapp08_2001
    edited April 2011
    or they can let John Connor live... becuz after the events of T3 he now knows that T-800 is responsible for his death in the future
    with that knowledge he can be prepared and avoid his death at the hands of the T-800

plus now John has a mechanical heart... I'm pretty sure he's capable of doin some superhuman type ? now

possibly but his death was prevented when the terminator gave john the heart
  • Super Lex
    Super Lex Members Posts: 460
    edited April 2011
    LOL, I don't consider T3 a part of the series.

This. Those actors were trash. John was a ? and that chick was annoying.
  • sapp08_2001
    edited April 2011
    Super Lex wrote: »
    This. Those actors were trash. John was a ? and that chick was annoying.

damn wats ya beef?
  • Super Lex
    edited April 2011
    That movie tried too hard to be a Terminator movie. They needed someone to fill Sarah's role since they killed her so they gave John a wife who ended up saving his drug addicted ? . That new Terminator's lines were ass. ''I like your gun'' ''I like your *insert whatever here*'' A fail at trying to steal the T1000's ''nice bike'' swag. ? outta here. I hate the guy they picked for Connor. He's cool in other movies but as John? No.

They need to keep the director from T4 like someone else said. Too much switching going on here and I am not a Fast and Furious fan so I hope whoever that guy is doesn't ? it up. That PG-13 ? needs to go too. Its hard to find a good rated R flick these days.
  • sapp08_2001
    edited April 2011
    Super Lex wrote: »
    That movie tried too hard to be a Terminator movie. They needed someone to fill Sarah's role since they killed her so they gave John a wife who ended up saving his drug addicted ? . That new Terminator's lines were ass. ''I like your gun'' ''I like your *insert whatever here*'' A fail at trying to steal the T1000's ''nice bike'' swag. ? outta here. I hate the guy they picked for Connor. He's cool in other movies but as John? No.

They need to keep the director from T4 like someone else said. Too much switching going on here and I am not a Fast and Furious fan so I hope whoever that guy is doesn't ? it up. That PG-13 ? needs to go too. Its hard to find a good rated R flick these days.

true story......justin Lin made fast five and dats hella sick
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    the story of the Terminator, John Connor and Skynet is so fucced up and convoluted I wouldn't be surprised if Skynet killed John Conner, and stops the resistance enslaving all of mankind

THEN

It comes to light that Skynet is actually the Artifical Intelligence that created the Matrix and harvested human beings for energy until the machines are finally destroyed by the best actor ever, the incomparable KEANU "THE DUDE" REEVES
    LOL its been said that the matrix, terminator, and one other movie i think were created by this one girl all as one story years ago and then the matrix brothers stole it LOL

this post is wild ... some super subconscious ? LOL
  • UPTOWN
    edited April 2011
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    A black woman wrote Terminator
    LOL^^^ yo i read this same ? . this and the matrix ... she's suing and everything
  • UPTOWN
    edited April 2011
    LOL im not sure how true all this but

http://movielove.tumblr.com/post/247673499/amazing-the-black-woman-who-wrote-the-matrix-and

“After a six year dispute, prolific writer and profound spiritualist, Sophia Stewart has received justice for copyright infringement and racketeering and will finally recover damages from the films, The Matrix I, II and III, as well as The Terminator and its sequels. Yes, you heard that correctly – the entire Matrix & Terminator franchises, and her suspected pay off is expected to be the highest in history – an estimated 2.5 billion."

read more in the link LOL^^^
  • Mally_G
    edited April 2011
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    A black woman wrote Terminator

i saw her website for the original Matrix.

Same black and green color scheme and vertical coding on the front cover of the poster/book.

it was a black woman who lays claim to the rights.

I don't know about her owning the ideas to Terminator.
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    That's an urban myth.
  • Super Lex
    edited April 2011
    LOL im not sure how true all this but

http://movielove.tumblr.com/post/247673499/amazing-the-black-woman-who-wrote-the-matrix-and

“After a six year dispute, prolific writer and profound spiritualist, Sophia Stewart has received justice for copyright infringement and racketeering and will finally recover damages from the films, The Matrix I, II and III, as well as The Terminator and its sequels. Yes, you heard that correctly – the entire Matrix & Terminator franchises, and her suspected pay off is expected to be the highest in history – an estimated 2.5 billion."

read more in the link LOL^^^
    Update: Apparently this story is not true; Stewart did sue but lost her case in 2005. Apologies for passing it on before checking it out… get the scoop here: http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/matrix.asp or here: http://www.pamil-visions.net/urban-legends-busted-sophia-stewart/27827/ or do some more research (like I should have done before reblogging!).

She didn't win her case. Its all still speculative.