Undergrads/Grads: What's your major? (New IC Edition)

Options

Comments

• Tupacfan
    Tupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    edited January 2010
    Options
    bamagurl wrote: »
    my major is MIS and my concentration is in data storage. i just started takin my 1st actual computer class because i had to finish accounting and economics and all that ? . so, i'm in this C++ class and i am so ? lost, most confusing ? i've ever seen in my life. i'm up now tryna do some homework and i am confused. and i was told this is supposed to be the easiest one out of all the computer classes. anyone w/ experience have any tips?

I don't have any experince within that field, But my tips is that, whatever your not understanding, refer to your textbook, or ask for some guidance from professor. That's what they are their for, they get paid to teach you and get your dollar's worth. And another tip is join a tutor group of that class, make frens with the geeks, they are willing to help and that's what they do best.
  • walwyn
    walwyn Members Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Automotive Technology
  • f.e.d.s.
    f.e.d.s. Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    communications, media arts & theatre
  • Hustlers Ambition$
    Hustlers Ambition$ Members Posts: 245
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Business Finance major at RIT
  • Happy-Go-Lucky
    Happy-Go-Lucky Members Posts: 22
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Majoring in Sociology with a minor in Child Social Work aiming toward working for the CPA while I can field experience researching family issues/child development then eventual teach at a high school or college.
  • THEsweetheart92
    THEsweetheart92 Members Posts: 1,089 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Psychology with a minor of communications.
  • Cam2K10
    Cam2K10 Members Posts: 60
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Business Management. Supply Chain concentration
  • iAMNOVA
    iAMNOVA Members Posts: 2,493 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    double up...Sociology and Psychology...UNC...2010
  • KingJB2ThaFullest86
    KingJB2ThaFullest86 Members Posts: 388
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Business Administration
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    BBA in Accounting
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    My first degree was in Communications-Broadcasting and Visual Media. I didnt really know what I wanted to do, so now I start my second degree this Summer in Biology-Genetics in specific.
  • weezyfgarbage
    weezyfgarbage Members Posts: 1,673
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Perfect wrote: »
    Let the psycology/english/history major bashing begin

lol word.

chemistry major here. I put myself at the risk of inhaling some sort of carcinogen everyday in the hope that all the humanities majors may one day live better lives, and what do they give me? Straight up ? in every form...lmfao.
  • cutthecrapolabuddy
    cutthecrapolabuddy Members Posts: 367
    edited May 2010
    Options
    junegemini wrote: »
    have a BS in Computer Engineering...going for my MS in Systems Engineering

nice; whats the job market looking like for engineering? specifically electrical? also, can you help me with my physics?
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Major - Social Science Education
    Minor - Public Administration

Graduating Spring 2011 @ UCF

I'll probably go on to pursue my Masters in Social Science or some area of History.
  • kakihara
    kakihara Members Posts: 313 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Major: Psychology
    Minor: Sociology

I graduate in Spring 2011.
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Major Computer Information Systems

Supposed to graduate last spring but now it's next year
  • Blue Virgo
    Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I was a Political Science major with a minor in Psychology.
    Now I'm an Interdisciplinary Studies major with a minor in Psychology.

I kinda wish that I never switched, cause I'm just adding on more time to school....but I wasn't at all happy with the major I chose.
    It was soooo boring.
  • jerzeyboi3
    jerzeyboi3 Members Posts: 70
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Major: Journalism and Media Studies (leaning toward PR or Advertising)

Minor: English or Sociology haven't chose one yet.
  • dat_bk_nicca
    dat_bk_nicca Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    traestar wrote: »
    Major Computer Information Systems

Supposed to graduate last spring but now it's next year

how is that major going?
  • GeneBadAzz
    GeneBadAzz Members Posts: 19
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Major-Political Science
    Minor-Criminal Justice
  • traestar
    edited June 2010
    Options
    how is that major going?

gotta pass Calculus, that and a requirement class that I dropped messed me up in the Fall and put me on Academic Probation (my first one)!
    So Spring semester I woke up and put better emphasis on those tests and I made the Dean's List! So from here on out, I gotta get a B- Average!
    ( I averaged a C+ the entire time at Stockton)
  • dat_bk_nicca
    edited June 2010
    Options
    gotta pass Calculus, that and a requirement class that I dropped messed me up in the Fall and put me on Academic Probation (my first one)!
    So Spring semester I woke up and put better emphasis on those tests and I made the Dean's List! So from here on out, I gotta get a B- Average!
    ( I averaged a C+ the entire time at Stockton)

is that a good major 2 do for the bachelor's bc i wanna get into the IT field but im struggling to find a good major, im tryna make close to six figures lol
  • traestar
    edited June 2010
    Options
    is that a good major 2 do for the bachelor's bc i wanna get into the IT field but im struggling to find a good major, im tryna make close to six figures lol

did you start that yet?? It's one of the constantly growing fields in the industry and competitive too

check this out for the Top Paying IT Jobs http://www.cioinsight.com/c/a/Salaries/The-30-Top-Paying-Jobs-in-IT/1/

Me, I'm going to work on my Certifications, finish college, and continue to build my resume.
    Everyone is telling me to go in a internship, so definitely think about that if the job field is not working
    And just say on your grind!
  • dat_bk_nicca
    edited July 2010
    Options
    did you start that yet?? It's one of the constantly growing fields in the industry and competitive too

check this out for the Top Paying IT Jobs http://www.cioinsight.com/c/a/Salaries/The-30-Top-Paying-Jobs-in-IT/1/

Me, I'm going to work on my Certifications, finish college, and continue to build my resume.
    Everyone is telling me to go in a internship, so definitely think about that if the job field is not working
    And just say on your grind!

nah i didnt start yet, im either going in the fall or the spring of next year depending on wat skool im going 2, im just tryna pick the perfect major, but i will check that website out tho props
  • traestar
    edited July 2010
    Options
    nah i didnt start yet, im either going in the fall or the spring of next year depending on wat skool im going 2, im just tryna pick the perfect major, but i will check that website out tho props

NO problem, just realize that you have to stick to your choice to be successful!

Because people change majors like its nothing!