So my Cuz got a job making 600$ a week and he think rich

Options

Comments

• kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    It depends on your area's quality of life. He isn't rich, he's become one of the working poor in the US. A single brother could make it with that down her in LA, if he plays his cards right. He could live comfortable and get far with patience. But that running around thinking he's balling would lead to a rude awakening down the line however.
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    @ 18 I woulda felt that way too LOL. For an 18 YO thats is a lot of $, especially if u still @ home w/ ur parents & they're the type that will let u live rent free & save up ur dough, & he has no kids . But yeah just keep advising shorty that as he gets older that wont be enough to live comfortably if he's got a woman, starts thinking about family, etc.

What kinda work does he do?
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    where the ? yall live man my rent is like 1300 a month
    for a two bedroom and when I had a single i was still paying 1,000

I'm a tell you like this. Down here $1300 a month for an apartment means that ? is gated, has a pool, has it's own fitness center, it's own security, furnished, utilities included, and etc. Give or take a few of those accomodations, that's a top of the line apartment round here. I know folks paying no more than $700 a month for their mortgage and house insurance. Yard so big, they could put another house in the back yard.

But the cost of living in LA is cheaper than most. Your cuz however, will be struggling on that $16/hr if your rent is the average for your area.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yeah bruh im with the crowd on this one....here in KY thats damn near baller status.

Of course advise him to not blow it and get in over his head (AND to always strive for better), but sheittt thats good money for his age and social status imo. Way better than me..
  • dominique19
    dominique19 Members Posts: 295
    edited April 2011
    Options
    where the ? yall live man my rent is like 1300 a month
    for a two bedroom and when I had a single i was still paying 1,000

SC 715 for a pretty nice two bedroom. Money goes pretty far in sc compared to a lot of other places I know
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    SC 715 for a pretty nice two bedroom. Money goes pretty far in sc compared to a lot of other places I know

Same here in TX it depends on the location you can find nice 3 bd room houses for right under 100k in nice neighborhoods.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    16 an hour at 18 isnt too damn bad. he should def go to school though. what does he do?
  • rose.amoureux
    rose.amoureux Members Posts: 2,046
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Let your cousin be great. Damn.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    why do ? think making 16.00 an hr make u rich
    Im happy he found a decent job in this economy,but dude is over here wildin.
    thinking he a baller,talking about he wanna comp my camero off me and he about to be ? bad ? .

Im like fam you need to save yo dough get some more education training and experience
    so you can move up. 2400 a month aint no real money fam,especially when u move out of yo moms
    house.

he 18 so I guess his craziness can be excused but its alot of older ? in the hood
    who think like this. ? be getting them AT&T sales job thinking they made it in life

Im like dude you aint seen real money yet you just getting by

BLK ppl man I tell u

I get what you're saying. I don't think you should ? on it though. Hopefully it'll expose him to an entire different way of living and make him want more. I'm telling you now, if a ? came at me with some "Yo, son I'ma pay you 600 a week." I'd probably laugh in his face, but at 18? SHIIIIIT! ? at 18 I was making 250 a week. Over the course of writing this, I've realized you a hatin' ass ? mane. ? that. Let the lil' ? live.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    edited April 2011
    Options

Shiiit, I gotta make that move.
  • rose.amoureux
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I live in a 4 bdrm 2 bath apt, for 389 (utilities included), but its basically free for me. ;)
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I live in a 4 bdrm 2 bath apt, for 389 (utilities included), but its basically free for me. ;)

We don't believe you....YOU NEED MORE PEOPLE!
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options

you got somebody to pay for your Section 8 rent?

SMH @ my tax dollars at work
  • Kushington
    Kushington Members Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    I'm a tell you like this. Down here $1300 a month for an apartment means that ? is gated, has a pool, has it's own fitness center, it's own security, furnished, utilities included, and etc. Give or take a few of those accomodations, that's a top of the line apartment round here. I know folks paying no more than $700 a month for their mortgage and house insurance. Yard so big, they could put another house in the back yard.

But the cost of living in LA is cheaper than most. Your cuz however, will be struggling on that $16/hr if your rent is the average for your area.

Are you talking about los angeles or louisiana?
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Kushington wrote: »

Got to be louisana because the cost of living in los angeles isnt even lower than louisina cost of living.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    cape cod no lie 2 bedroom apartment 550.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    dude's 18.. lett'em live damn.. when i was 18 i made a lil over $180 a week dependin on my hours.. and got paid weekly.. couldnt nobody tell me ? ..
    by 19 i got a job in telecommunications workin for LA Times.. in less then 3mnths i was top seller on mh team and mh team was 3rd out of like 8 teams in total sales..

it wasnt nothin for me to take home a check withba comma every two weeks.. I was really on then.. no rent or bills and whip was cashed out thanks to moms and pops.. shiiiiiit..

now of course lookin back i know i aint make ? .. but soon he go realize it to.. but why ? up this moment for him??
    ? love shittin on the next ? damn.. smmfh
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Kushington wrote: »

He has to be talking about Louisiana.

But here in the ATL, you can get a two bedroom on a alright part of town for 600 a month. Add all the bills together, water, electricity, cable, cellphone, and renters insurance, that is about 400-450 a month. That leaves him with about a $1000 to go play with or save up for other things!
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    doubletee wrote: »
    Same here in TX it depends on the location you can find nice 3 bd room houses for right under 100k in nice neighborhoods.

The property taxes is what gets you in texas.
  • im_lux
    im_lux Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yeah I laugh at this too. My bills come out to be more than than 2400 monthly so I couldn't live off of that at all without having 2 extra jobs...but I mean if you've got low bills a smaller apt and you don't like to live high on the horse he'll be able to eat with that type of money at least.
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited April 2011
    Options
    im_lux wrote: »
    Yeah I laugh at this too. My bills come out to be more than than 2400 monthly so I couldn't live off of that at all without having 2 extra jobs...but I mean if you've got low bills a smaller apt and you don't like to live high on the horse he'll be able to eat with that type of money at least.

Thats whats wrong with alot of ? nowadays...living outside of there means.
  • im_lux
    edited April 2011
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    He has to be talking about Louisiana.

But here in the ATL, you can get a two bedroom on a alright part of town for 600 a month. Add all the bills together, water, electricity, cable, cellphone, and renters insurance, that is about 400-450 a month. That leaves him with about a $1000 to go play with or save up for other things!

Man 1000 dollars extra a month ain't ? ...especially if you consider car insurance or car payment if you've got a vehicle then groceries or any suprise out of pocket expense you could run into...better tell that ? to go get a roommate. But I know a lot of people that get these lil jobs like that and save money by moving to some sort of extended stay for 6 months to a year while they save up to get a better place.
  • im_lux
    edited April 2011
    Options
    doubletee wrote: »
    Thats whats wrong with alot of ? nowadays...living outside of there means.

Very true...I don't because make enough money to pay my bills and do whatever it is I please but I've got a cousin right now that doesn't have a job living off his girls 14 dollar an hour paycheck and went and rented a 950$ a month house and 2 months later can't pay none of his bills. ? like that makes me sick.
  • rose.amoureux
    edited April 2011
    Options
    We don't believe you....YOU NEED MORE PEOPLE!

I live close to my campus (no, not school housing), so the rates are pretty low around here. I think the highest rate is somewhere around 465 for 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. Hell no I dont live in section 8. (Not that theres anything wrong with living on section 8. You gotta have shelter.). Where I live now, the apts are pretty nice.

I dont have to pay because someone pays for me..
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    He is 18 making $2,400/month?
    How do you even have room to complain and diss him for feeling good about it?