Are women less likely to approach a good looking man?

Options
DaChef
DaChef Members Posts: 261 ✭✭
edited May 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
Are women less likely to approach an attractive dude compared to an uglier dude?

Comments

• f.cashflow99
    f.cashflow99 Members Posts: 326 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I dont really see too many women approach dudes, but women are more picky so they probably give more time to the good looking dude......but then again i have no idea what women consider good looking cause as i said they are picky, insecure & generally have bad experiences behind them by the time they hit 25 so who the ? knows how they operate....
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    This thread flopped hard, but women don't approach guys like that based on looks no matter how good looking they are unless their good looking and got money. Then a chick will throw herself at the man like groupies be doing to celebrities.
  • dominique19
    dominique19 Members Posts: 295
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I've never approached men good looking or otherwise. Fear of rejection. If he doesn't approach me its not meant to be.
  • freepostking
    freepostking Members Posts: 468
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I rarely get approached, so I would say no.
  • Dainty
    Dainty Members Posts: 2,203
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I've never approached men good looking or otherwise. Fear of rejection. If he doesn't approach me its not meant to be.

c/s lol I was gonna say this.
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options

dudes suffer from this same ? but you should try it regardless. an easy way esp for females is just send signals that you interested...if he responding in kind then do your thang.

but cmac sorta got a point a woman will send hella signals but will still wait for the dude to approach and get frustrated as hell when you dont..you chicks I swear.
  • Pura~Diabla
    Pura~Diabla Members Posts: 1,157
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Are women less likely to approach an attractive dude compared to an uglier dude?

I'm less likely to approach a man period and on the rare occassions I did, I knew he was interested too. And truth be told, I don't get all weak in the knees over looks. Just because an attractive man approaches me don't mean it's gonna go anywhere.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I've approached a few men but it was not just a handsome face that caught my attention. I see those all the time, good looks don't move me.
  • Mr. Terrific
    Mr. Terrific Members Posts: 483
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I don't think I'm 'GOOD LOOKING' but I've been told I'm a nice looking man. It's only after having several conversations, do I get
    Her: "I thought you were so cute, and wanted to blah, blah,blah".
    T: "why didn't you say something?"
    Her: "well...you know, I didn't think you noticed me/liked me/know your situation/"

So I would say it is a combination of insecurity, fear of rejection, and not being built/groomed to be the aggressor.

I think women only break out of that mold when they become completely comfortable with themselves and stop giving a ? .
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    "Damn I hate a shy ? . Don't you hate a shy ? ? Yeah I ate a shy ? . She ain't shy no more, she changed her name to my ? " - Lil Wayne
  • Coby Vibes
    Coby Vibes Members Posts: 2,892
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I've approached a few men but it was not just a handsome face that caught my attention. I see those all the time, good looks don't move me.

exactly!. It was after observing other things about him that attracted me to him. As I said before I approached the men I am interested in that was my experiences are with wth the type I prefer.

I think women only break out of that mold when they become completely comfortable with themselves and stop giving a ? .
    pretty much. but then also when women realize her chances of rejection are really slim. Unless you're damned near hideous, most men wont reject you. Even if he has a woman, he will let you know but he will find a way to keep you around
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ? generally don't approach men, they drop clues and expect us to figure them out (flirting, eye contact, slight touching, playing around,etc). Women are so ? stupid to the core, be the same ? talking about there aren't any good men, yet they don't go after what they want, they only select from what approaches them.
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Coby Vibes wrote: »
    exactly!. It was after observing other things about him that attracted me to him. As I said before I approached the men I am interested in that was my experiences are with wth the type I prefer.

pretty much. but then also when women realize her chances of rejection are really slim. Unless you're damned near hideous, most men wont reject you. Even if he has a woman, he will let you know but he will find a way to keep you around

How much can you truly observe in a couple minutes?
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ? women are pathetic
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    ? generally don't approach men, they drop clues and expect us to figure them out (flirting, eye contact, slight touching, playing around,etc). Women are so ? stupid to the core, be the same ? talking about there aren't any good men, yet they don't go after what they want, they only select from what approaches them.

indeed, this deserves a

President-obama-signing-legislation.jpg
  • Coby Vibes
    Coby Vibes Members Posts: 2,892
    edited May 2011
    Options
    garv wrote: »
    How much can you truly observe in a couple minutes?

women dont just walk up to a guy on the street randomly just because he is good looking. youre thinking in terms of a man. A woman would take notice of the setting, how that guy socializes within that setting. how he speaks, who he is surrounded by and how he interacts with them, etc

a woman would approach a man who she has studied for a bit first, not a first glance piece of eye candy
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Coby Vibes wrote: »
    women dont just walk up to a guy on the street randomly just because he is good looking. youre thinking in terms of a man. A woman would take notice of the setting, how that guy socializes within that setting. how he speaks, who he is surrounded by and how he interacts with them, etc

a woman would approach a man who she has studied for a bit first, not a first glance piece of eye candy

in other words, she stalks him for a bit
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

• TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

hats off to this post
  • makaveli03
    makaveli03 Members Posts: 2,392
    edited May 2011
    Options
    TX_Made713 wrote: »
    in other words, she stalks him for a bit

loooool ditto
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

Females have this complex. They enjoy the fantasy more than the possibility of reality. It gives them something to pine over and yap about to their friends. They love the mystery of admiration from afar.
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    If we are actually gonna put fear aside and approach someone....why would we approach someone who we don't even wanna be with ie: someone we find unattractive? That makes no sense.