Do you think patriots drafting mallet offended brady?

2»

Comments

• vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    ibedamned wrote: »
    You think bill give a damn if he offended tom?

nope.........
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited May 2011
    ibedamned wrote: »
    You think bill give a damn if he offended tom?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    That's exactly what I said though. Their bad draft is being covered up by them winning. When every year you've got the most picks in the draft (a good amount of them being early picks too), you shouldn't be havin that many holes. Why is there no runnin game, not much of a receiving core (and the best receiver is Welker from Miami), a mediocre pass rush? I'm just sayin Bill's "drafting genius" is overrated. And when you're drafting another QB to learn under, and eventually replace your current HOF one, and you're losin in the 1st round of the playoffs, and another team is looking like it's gonna take over as the dominant team in the division...make your team better. Stop stockin up draft picks.

I'm not sayin the Pats suck, cuz they're really good. I'm just sayin they aren't drafting as well as they're hyped up to

They drafted 5 starters last year, and went 14-2...What other teams can say that? After a while, too much stock cant be placed on one game against one team. And they did it without Scott pioli and Dimititov, that says ALOT. Every team has holes. And just because "draft experts" give a player a grade, that doesnt mean the rest of the league, that actually develops these players, might think differently....Anyone ever seen todd mcshay or mel kipers projections be 100 percent on point? Bill Belichick knows what hes doing more than most. And seeing as he didnt draft a Pass rusher, maybe he wants to develop what he already has.....

He drafted two running backs, two lineman to help the run game, then he still came away with another extra 1st and 2nd rounder...value is value. And he got alot
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Yep Brady was offended cause he said he wants to play for 10 more years he's not exactly gonna welcome Mallet
  • bigrizz
    edited May 2011
    ya boi g wrote: »
    I have to agree 100%. You would think they would be trying to fill some holes on both sides of the ball with all these picks they have, but they constantly trade back and aquire more picks every year. They been doing this for a while. And it seems like they dont want to spend money in the first round. They have had two first round picks for the last 3 or 4 years and they stay trading back for more picks...... But like you said, them winning is covering up for the way they draft.

This is a very inaccurate statement......
    Well whose to say if these players fit the makeup of the players he wants on his team? Im pretty sure they do more homework on players than casual fans....they speak to coaches, equipment managers, everyone they can at most players schools. He drafted a LB in last years draft and expects him to produce more this year. And what shows him thinking ahead of the curve, is nobody has a clue what they will have to pay first rounders. Most teams draft for need, some for value.To say them winning is covering up for the draft is ridiculous as they dont spend on FAs to begin..They have made more from undrafted FAs and theres a reason they are never in salary cap trouble...
  • bigrizz
    edited May 2011
    And Brady wont be offended.. He was a sixth round pick and knows how the business goes...It aint like they took him with a first rounder....
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    bigrizz wrote: »
    They drafted 5 starters last year, and went 14-2...What other teams can say that? After a while, too much stock cant be placed on one game against one team. And they did it without Scott pioli and Dimititov, that says ALOT. Every team has holes. And just because "draft experts" give a player a grade, that doesnt mean the rest of the league, that actually develops these players, might think differently....Anyone ever seen todd mcshay or mel kipers projections be 100 percent on point? Bill Belichick knows what hes doing more than most. And seeing as he didnt draft a Pass rusher, maybe he wants to develop what he already has.....

He drafted two running backs, two lineman to help the run game, then he still came away with another extra 1st and 2nd rounder...value is value. And he got alot

I'm not denying their record or skill though. I'm questioning whether they're doin the best things they can through the draft to put them over the top as a superbowl team. Moss is gone, and they went out n got Deion Branch to start. That doesn't sound like they need WR help? Who's the last good RB the Pats drafted? WR? They're goin against an elite defensive team in their division, and won't attempt to draft elite offensive talent. They traded away Seymour, and Moss and haven't tried to replace either. Maybe he wants to develop talent, but if we're givin them that excuse we gotta give it to everyone. Anyone who didn't draft a position they needed is just tryna develop what they got?

Pats have a HOF QB, and won't build an offense around him. How is that GOAT?
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Well whose to say if these players fit the makeup of the players he wants on his team? Im pretty sure they do more homework on players than casual fans....they speak to coaches, equipment managers, everyone they can at most players schools. He drafted a LB in last years draft and expects him to produce more this year. And what shows him thinking ahead of the curve, is nobody has a clue what they will have to pay first rounders. Most teams draft for need, some for value.To say them winning is covering up for the draft is ridiculous as they dont spend on FAs to begin..They have made more from undrafted FAs and theres a reason they are never in salary cap trouble...
    since when
  • bow to royalty
    edited May 2011

Man, come on. They're in the playoffs just about every year. Not like they hafta pay a top 10 pick every year. Payin first round picks just like everyone else.

This is the Bill vanity ? I be talkin about. Instead of draftin highly rated, elite outta college, take the league over type talent. He'd rather draft a projected 5th round pick in the 2nd, then be praised as a genius for makin it work. Example? The media hyped phenomenon Danny Woodhead. 5' 8" 195 lbs. Dude ran for 5 TD's, and 547 yards last season. You REALLY think he was the best option out there? Or did Bill want the white (no 2012), undersized, undrafted, dropped from the Jets white RB? Was Branch the best receiver available? Or is it just that Bill wanted credit for gettin Branch productive again? Prolly coulda gotten Ocho Cinco for cheap outta Cincy, but didn't.
  • bigrizz
    edited May 2011
    since when

They havent spent on a BIG free agent since Adailus Thomas, and he flopped. They used draft picks to get moss and welker. They only resign their priority FAs....And then they barely even do that. They sign mid level cost players if anything
  • bigrizz
    edited May 2011
    Man, come on. They're in the playoffs just about every year. Not like they hafta pay a top 10 pick every year. Payin first round picks just like everyone else.

This is the Bill vanity ? I be talkin about. Instead of draftin highly rated, elite outta college, take the league over type talent. He'd rather draft a projected 5th round pick in the 2nd, then be praised as a genius for makin it work. Example? The media hyped phenomenon Danny Woodhead. 5' 8" 195 lbs. Dude ran for 5 TD's, and 547 yards last season. You REALLY think he was the best option out there? Or did Bill want the white (no 2012), undersized, undrafted, dropped from the Jets white RB? Was Branch the best receiver available? Or is it just that Bill wanted credit for gettin Branch productive again? Prolly coulda gotten Ocho Cinco for cheap outta Cincy, but didn't.

Bill doesnt want to be everyone else having to cut salary every year. They always trade to get some value for the players. Logan Mankins is the only person going through this with them, usually they will be cut throat....but this is how they stay competitive. They are great at getting undrafted players and coaching them up...Its not vanity, its long term fleixbility for the franchise. How many highly rated players pan out? Its a low figure, but you are stuck paying guaranteed money...he is a coach...they are paid to make players better. Woodhead fits what they want to do. He was one of the most productive backs in NCAA history. They went 14-2 last years using that method. Do i think they NEED gambreakers? Yes, but they mind their pockets more than most...or they'd be the Redskins
  • bow to royalty
    edited May 2011
    Bill doesnt want to be everyone else having to cut salary every year. They always trade to get some value for the players. Logan Mankins is the only person going through this with them, usually they will be cut throat....but this is how they stay competitive. They are great at getting undrafted players and coaching them up...Its not vanity, its long term fleixbility for the franchise. How many highly rated players pan out? Its a low figure, but you are stuck paying guaranteed money...he is a coach...they are paid to make players better. Woodhead fits what they want to do. He was one of the most productive backs in NCAA history. They went 14-2 last years using that method. Do i think they NEED gambreakers? Yes, but they mind their pockets more than most...or they'd be the Redskins

I think you overplay how hard it is to stay under the salary cap. Highly rated players that don't pan out isn't a low figure. We talkin first round picks? Cuz I don't think only a low % of them pan out. They're in the AFC East...Jets went out and got players, and are now probably better than the Pats. Pats need to do the same. Other teams stay under the salary cap and get players. Don't play it up like they gotta choose between players and stayin under the salary cap
  • bigrizz
    edited May 2011
    I think you overplay how hard it is to stay under the salary cap. Highly rated players that don't pan out isn't a low figure. We talkin first round picks? Cuz I don't think only a low % of them pan out. They're in the AFC East...Jets went out and got players, and are now probably better than the Pats. Pats need to do the same. Other teams stay under the salary cap and get players. Don't play it up like they gotta choose between players and stayin under the salary cap

I did mean first round picks, since they would be the highest rated on most draft boards... The Jets have hella players to resign once a CBA gets worked out S. Holmes, B edwards. S Ellis, even Cromartie will be up next year...And this is exactly my point. The jets get alot of good players for NOW, and in a few years they gotta fill holes. thry trade picks away to move up...but when an injury bug comes along, they wil start losing, or they wont be able to sign everyone. In contrast, the pats KNEW they had to pay brady, Wilfork, Moss, mankins, seymour.....they get value for the players they think they will lose, and they have their cornerstones for the forseeable future, but also added two more draft picks for the next year, to cover for losing and not having to py (overpay) vet. players. If that isnt using the draft to a team long and short term flexibility, what is? Instead of drafting players, let them be great and just losing them. Belichick still eventually have the option of trading those picks for players that are already good, instead of paying top dollar for a play you HOPE will pan out
  • bigrizz
    edited May 2011
    For example. I wanted the pats to trade up and get Julio Jones....The falcons will look stupid if they have injury bugs or Jones doesnt pan out. The top players in drafts aretn guaranteed at all, so i can see why BB doesnt give up assets when instead he can trade picks for proven players....unfortunately, he cant do that right now. But when a CBA is reached, what if he trades for Larry Fitzgerald? He has the ammunition to in the extra picks he got from the raiders and saints......thats genius. The draft is a ? shoot....but id rather have more chips to play with than everyone else any day of the week. The pats STILL took care of their primary needs. They drafted J Cunningham last year....maybe he will have an upswing next season..
  • bow to royalty
    edited May 2011
    For example. I wanted the pats to trade up and get Julio Jones....The falcons will look stupid if they have injury bugs or Jones doesnt pan out. The top players in drafts aretn guaranteed at all, so i can see why BB doesnt give up assets when instead he can trade picks for proven players....unfortunately, he cant do that right now. But when a CBA is reached, what if he trades for Larry Fitzgerald? He has the ammunition to in the extra picks he got from the raiders and saints......thats genius. The draft is a ? shoot....but id rather have more chips to play with than everyone else any day of the week. The pats STILL took care of their primary needs. They drafted J Cunningham last year....maybe he will have an upswing next season..

That's the thing that me and everyone else is sayin. He stockpiles picks fine. But eventually you gotta pull the trigger. It's like you savin up your money to buy a house, but never buyin that ? . Ya, it's nice you got enough money to buy a mansion, but til you actually get it, it's ? cold outside. And the Jets are gonna lose Cromartie maybe. But a couple years w/ him then havin to fill the hole, is better than never havin him and still havin to fill the hole. And I dunno if ya'll are gonna keep gettin those aging veterans before they retire. Cuz they used to go there, cuz it was a ring before the end of their career. But now ya'll aren't winnin rings.
  • bigrizz
    edited May 2011
    That's the thing that me and everyone else is sayin. He stockpiles picks fine. But eventually you gotta pull the trigger. It's like you savin up your money to buy a house, but never buyin that ? . Ya, it's nice you got enough money to buy a mansion, but til you actually get it, it's ? cold outside. And the Jets are gonna lose Cromartie maybe. But a couple years w/ him then havin to fill the hole, is better than never havin him and still havin to fill the hole. And I dunno if ya'll are gonna keep gettin those aging veterans before they retire. Cuz they used to go there, cuz it was a ring before the end of their career. But now ya'll aren't winnin rings.

But we are still a winning franchise. People dont notice, but he has rebuilt his entire D since those SB runs. so it wont come overnight....
    The man coached lawrence taylor....I just dont think the player her wants has come yet. They are a dominant edge rusher away from scaring people. Maybe that person wasnt in the draft? Remember he had big 6'4 270 pd lbs. Not these little quick mofos that can only rush the passer. I think he wants more versitilty. I was hoping they'd take cam jordan, but maybe he didnt represent the value at that pick. Maybe he has someone else im mind he can trade for....Nobody wants to draft Vernon gholston. I think he wants a LB that cover and rush
  • bow to royalty
    edited May 2011
    But we are still a winning franchise. People dont notice, but he has rebuilt his entire D since those SB runs. so it wont come overnight....
    The man coached lawrence taylor....I just dont think the player her wants has come yet. They are a dominant edge rusher away from scaring people. Maybe that person wasnt in the draft? Remember he had big 6'4 270 pd lbs. Not these little quick mofos that can only rush the passer. I think he wants more versitilty. I was hoping they'd take cam jordan, but maybe he didnt represent the value at that pick. Maybe he has someone else im mind he can trade for....Nobody wants to draft Vernon gholston. I think he wants a LB that cover and rush

Your blind love for the Pats is crazy. If you're lookin for a Richard Seymour type just keep Richard Seymour! A team can afford to pay a pro Bowl QB, DL, and OL. Plenty of teams do it. And you are sayin the Pats may be lookin to trade for players in the league that are already proven. But you mock the Jets for doin this with Cromartie (2nd or 3rd) and Holmes (a 5th, which was a steal).

You want the Pats to get good players, then when those players produce and want a contract, you want to trade them away. That's not a short-term plan to get players, then losing them (just like the Jets)?
  • bigrizz
    edited May 2011
    Your blind love for the Pats is crazy. If you're lookin for a Richard Seymour type just keep Richard Seymour! A team can afford to pay a pro Bowl QB, DL, and OL. Plenty of teams do it. And you are sayin the Pats may be lookin to trade for players in the league that are already proven. But you mock the Jets for doin this with Cromartie (2nd or 3rd) and Holmes (a 5th, which was a steal).

You want the Pats to get good players, then when those players produce and want a contract, you want to trade them away. That's not a short-term plan to get players, then losing them (just like the Jets)?
    I didnt have an issue with how the jets got those players, but they were basically rented players. Why do that when you can get something for them? ( if contract talks stall)
    Seymour wanted to be one of the leagues highest paid players, and his productio doesnt warrant that on the downside of his career. Why do that when you can get gerard warren who gave two sacks less that seymour, but played in a 3-4 just occupying blockers. Its not blind love, its common sense. Remember, the pats just resigned brady to one of the richest contracts in the league and Vince Wilfolk...on top of that they had logan mankins and matt light as FA coming up...they still have Ty warren, which alot of people forget.. You gonna pay three D lineman that much? It wouldnt fit. So they had to make a choice...Who has the biggest upside?

The pats still have mankins, two first rd picks and two 2nd rd picks to dangle as bait to fill needs.....? is chess not checkers. Now what team is in a better position to make their team better...in the long and short term.....the pats

PS...they still got a LT of the future, two RBs to replace faulk, and fred taylor, a corner to pair with McCourty, And a Big top 30 Guard in Marcus Cannon, and a possible upgrade at backup QB..... On top of finding 5 starter last year?........ thats winning.
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    azff5z.gif

Brady is bitchmade so I expect him to ? .
  • bow to royalty
    edited May 2011
    I didnt have an issue with how the jets got those players, but they were basically rented players. Why do that when you can get something for them? ( if contract talks stall)
    Seymour wanted to be one of the leagues highest paid players, and his productio doesnt warrant that on the downside of his career. Why do that when you can get gerard warren who gave two sacks less that seymour, but played in a 3-4 just occupying blockers. Its not blind love, its common sense. Remember, the pats just resigned brady to one of the richest contracts in the league and Vince Wilfolk...on top of that they had logan mankins and matt light as FA coming up...they still have Ty warren, which alot of people forget.. You gonna pay three D lineman that much? It wouldnt fit. So they had to make a choice...Who has the biggest upside?

The pats still have mankins, two first rd picks and two 2nd rd picks to dangle as bait to fill needs.....? is chess not checkers. Now what team is in a better position to make their team better...in the long and short term.....the pats

PS...they still got a LT of the future, two RBs to replace faulk, and fred taylor, a corner to pair with McCourty, And a Big top 30 Guard in Marcus Cannon, and a possible upgrade at backup QB..... On top of finding 5 starter last year?........ thats winning.

That's what I'm sayin man. They've been in position to take over the league for years now. But it hasn't happened. I'm NOT saying they're bad at getting in position to get better. I'm saying they haven't been doing a good job of actually GETTING better as far as the draft goes.

Players still on the team from draft:
    06- Gostkowski, 4th round kicker
    07- Brandon Merriweather (1st round)
    08- Jerod Mayo (1st round), and a couple dudes that rarely touch the field
    09- lookin like some solid picks but still real early to tell

What's so genius about this? Seems like a pretty regular job draftin to me.
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    That's exactly what I said though. Their bad draft is being covered up by them winning. When every year you've got the most picks in the draft (a good amount of them being early picks too), you shouldn't be havin that many holes. Why is there no runnin game, not much of a receiving core (and the best receiver is Welker from Miami), a mediocre pass rush? I'm just sayin Bill's "drafting genius" is overrated. And when you're drafting another QB to learn under, and eventually replace your current HOF one, and you're losin in the 1st round of the playoffs, and another team is looking like it's gonna take over as the dominant team in the division...make your team better. Stop stockin up draft picks.

I'm not sayin the Pats suck, cuz they're really good. I'm just sayin they aren't drafting as well as they're hyped up to

And I'm acknowledging that they haven't draft well, but u can look at the names I just gave u and know they weren't draft bust from last yr. And a pats draft is no picnic!! but they drafted a tackle to protect t.brady n two running backs,

yes as a fan I would like to have seen them draft a pass rusher n another wide out, but u did forget free agency hasnt started this season yet, so theres where they will address those needs. For instance c.johnson wants to come to N.E., dont think it will happen....but basically the pats aint done. But believe me the pats drafts do leave their fans "...smh" alot!
  • bow to royalty
    edited May 2011
    ghost! wrote: »
    And I'm acknowledging that they haven't draft well, but u can look at the names I just gave u and know they weren't draft bust from last yr. And a pats draft is no picnic!! but they drafted a tackle to protect t.brady n two running backs,

yes as a fan I would like to have seen them draft a pass rusher n another wide out, but u did forget free agency hasnt started this season yet, so theres where they will address those needs. For instance c.johnson wants to come to N.E., dont think it will happen....but basically the pats aint done. But believe me the pats drafts do leave their fans "...smh" alot!

They do usually do well during free agency. I don't think the team's bout to fall to shambles or anything. I just don't think they're as good as the potentially could be. Last year's draft does look like it's gonna be a strong one though
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    azff5z.gif

Brady is bitchmade so I expect him to ? .

lol He threw a hissy fit in that gif. I see this doing nothing but further motivating Tom Brady to go out and actually play 6-8 more years as the franchise qb. Mallet will be 30 when Brady retires.
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    They do usually do well during free agency. I don't think the team's bout to fall to shambles or anything. I just don't think they're as good as the potentially could be. Last year's draft does look like it's gonna be a strong one though

yea man..for real katz in N.E. be having drafts parties and i be like for what, you now they are either gonna trade out of the pick or draft someone that makes no sense to us, and it aint like coach BB will ever tell us why he did it...

i really did wish they drafted a pass rusher and a wide out...i mean they say the draft this year was so rich in pass rushers, so i have no clue why we didnt pick one up, and i know coach BB seen that jets playoff game, how he didnt think we dont need another wide out is beyond me..hope he does address these issues during the free agency period.