Dad throws his baby daughter off a bridge, smfh

Swiffness!
Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2010 in The Social Lounge
WOODBRIDGE, N.J. — A man who snatched his infant daughter from the arms of her maternal grandmother while the child's mother was in court getting a restraining order against him told police he threw the baby off a bridge and into a frigid New Jersey river, prompting a massive search Wednesday beneath a busy parkway.

Search teams, including boats, dogs and helicopters, scoured the area beneath the Garden State Parkway's Driscoll Bridge in central New Jersey for any signs of 3-month-old Zara Malani-lin Abdur. Acting New Jersey Attorney General Paula Dow called the incident "an example of a horrific case of domestic violence."

Authorities suspended the search after dark and planned to resume at daybreak Thursday.

Authorities say the girl's father, 21-year-old Shamsiddi Abdur-Raheem of Galloway Township, allegedly forced his way into the grandmother's East Orange apartment around 4 p.m. Tuesday, striking her in the face, choking her, and forcibly taking the baby, wrapped in a blanket and a pink and gray onesie, before fleeing in his vehicle. The 60-year-old grandmother, who police declined to identify, chased after Abdur-Raheem and was struck when she tried to stop him by throwing herself in the path of his van. She was treated for her injuries at a local hospital and released.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ixCbTefcwbia2ApD7CcJu6ww-VpgD9DU9JSO0

Here's the bridge:

6.jpg

A few thoughts -

1) smh. Why?

2) that grandmother is real as ?

3) since he has a muslim name, they're def doing the "? all muslims" dance on the right wing sites

4) this ? did the crime while driving to his Imam? He's lucky this country doesn't do Sharia Law or else he'd be doing a ? senton bomb off the Driscoll Bridge.

5) I wish Rorschach was real.

Mother of baby thrown from N.J. bridge says East Orange police rebuffed restraining order request

Comments

• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    yeah this is a big story here in nj. and its absolutely disgusting.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    yeah this is a big story here in nj. and its absolutely disgusting.

In the Philly Daily News story, they talked about how dude sat down his family in the living room like "I have something to confess" and calmly walked them through what he did. Can you imagine that? They said his pops called 911 as soon as he finished. I would've choked that ? till someone pulled me off.
  • BOSS KTULU
    BOSS KTULU Banned Users Posts: 978 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    did he ? her in the ass first?

that's how it is
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    WOODBRIDGE, N.J. — A man who snatched his infant daughter from the arms of her maternal grandmother while the child's mother was in court getting a restraining order against him told police he threw the baby off a bridge and into a frigid New Jersey river, prompting a massive search Wednesday beneath a busy parkway.

Search teams, including boats, dogs and helicopters, scoured the area beneath the Garden State Parkway's Driscoll Bridge in central New Jersey for any signs of 3-month-old Zara Malani-lin Abdur. Acting New Jersey Attorney General Paula Dow called the incident "an example of a horrific case of domestic violence."

Authorities suspended the search after dark and planned to resume at daybreak Thursday.

Authorities say the girl's father, 21-year-old Shamsiddi Abdur-Raheem of Galloway Township, allegedly forced his way into the grandmother's East Orange apartment around 4 p.m. Tuesday, striking her in the face, choking her, and forcibly taking the baby, wrapped in a blanket and a pink and gray onesie, before fleeing in his vehicle. The 60-year-old grandmother, who police declined to identify, chased after Abdur-Raheem and was struck when she tried to stop him by throwing herself in the path of his van. She was treated for her injuries at a local hospital and released.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ixCbTefcwbia2ApD7CcJu6ww-VpgD9DU9JSO0

Here's the bridge:

6.jpg

A few thoughts -

1) smh. Why?

2) that grandmother is real as ?

3) since he has a muslim name, they're def doing the "? all muslims" dance on the right wing sites

4) this ? did the crime while driving to his Imam? He's lucky this country doesn't do Sharia Law or else he'd be doing a ? senton bomb off the Driscoll Bridge.

5) I wish Rorschach was real.

Mother of baby thrown from N.J. bridge says East Orange police rebuffed restraining order request

Idk................people r crazy nowadays, its seems that they jsut get worst and Worst.............and To the Bolded, yea, i think he would Be Most apporiacte in this Situation
  • The Jackal
    The Jackal Members Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Strange world we live in
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Another story of how women make men go crazy
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    The Jackal wrote: »
    Strange world we live in

I agreee..........
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Maybe.. he should have talked to his damn Imam before.. Idk he should have just killed himself.

Just crazy.
  • adorable thughighnes
    adorable thughighnes Members Posts: 1,788 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    BOSS KTULU wrote: »
    did he ? her in the ass first?

that's how it is

lol.................
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited February 2010
    one thing about the internet is that it never fails to support my theory that New Jersey is the worst
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    janklow wrote: »
    one thing about the internet is that it never fails to support my theory that New Jersey is the worst

Damn we always get a bad wrap from movies.. to the internet..There are far worse places than Jersey
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited February 2010
    Damn we always get a bad wrap from movies.. to the internet..There are far worse places than Jersey
    being located far too close to New Jersey and having been there a few times, i can safely say this has nothing to do with the movies
  • jbend
    jbend Members Posts: 6
    edited February 2010
    What a sad news this is. How could he think of such an idea?