I like John wall but c'mon espn

Options
suicideltc
suicideltc Members Posts: 48
edited July 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
Get off his ? they saying this ? gonna be as explosive out the gate as lebron and Dwight str8 up team changer

Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I dont know about that and with ESPN being the big hype machine they are, thats bad news for Wall. He is gonna have unnecessary hype surrounding him.
  • adthatsme312
    adthatsme312 Members Posts: 144
    edited December 2009
    Options
    He'll be up there with Rose, Paul, Williams, Rondo & Parker. Definately not on Howard or Bron level
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2009
    Options
    nah, he is good, maybe great, but he is going to come out of the gates somewhere between Evans and Rose. He basically has Tyreke's game but finishes stronger at the rim. Great player though.

U cant blame them though, now that ? T is out of the NCAA, they need another ? to suck on.
  • Tha Originator
    Tha Originator Members Posts: 277
    edited December 2009
    Options
    this guy is like an OJ mayo clone to me idk it seems like more of these small quick guards are coming in the leauge,,monte ellis, kevin martin, mayo, etc.
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Why can't he be a game changer out of the gate? I've watcher every UK game and he can do it all. If a team like the Pacers get him next year, he can have a big impact on them. Not as big as Brons rookie year, but bigger than Howards.
  • prada_g24
    prada_g24 Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I seen one of his games. Dude is nice but coming into the league as a game changing PG is one of the hardest things to do. Plus they were saying he's rondo cp3 lebron type fast, is that true cuz I haven't seen it.
  • Dick Shitman
    edited December 2009
    Options
    prada_g24 wrote: »
    I seen one of his games. Dude is nice but coming into the league as a game changing PG is one of the hardest things to do. Plus they were saying he's rondo cp3 lebron type fast, is that true cuz I haven't seen it.

Yea, his coast to coast is crazy. Imagine rondo's quickness, only if he was 6'4 and about 20 pounds heavier
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2009
    Options
    this guy is like an OJ mayo clone to me idk it seems like more of these small quick guards are coming in the leauge,,monte ellis, kevin martin, mayo, etc.

umm kevin martin is 6'7 around 190 fam. I think people forget how tall dude is. And wall can do it all... mayo was a sg playing pg... his biggest strength is being able to come off screens and shoot jumpers. Wall is quick, athletic, his shot is improving and he can get his team involved. He also has a nose for the bal on dl. Montae is a scoring pg, martin is a sg, and mayo is a sg. Wall is in a different class(not skill wise just hes going to be a pure pg), dude is quick as hell he just doesn't look as quick because of his size. I think he can have an immediate impact on the game. ? always bring up lebron, we might not ever see a player who has the immediate impact on the game that bron did so your not saying anything by saying he won't "do what lebron did", yea him and every other rookie that comes through for the next 20 years.
  • MONEYMIKE27
    MONEYMIKE27 Members Posts: 8
    edited December 2009
    Options
    He is quit hatin and reconize greatness...
  • goat334
    goat334 Members Posts: 3,604 ✭✭
    edited December 2009
    Options
    umm kevin martin is 6'7 around 190 fam. I think people forget how tall dude is. And wall can do it all... mayo was a sg playing pg... his biggest strength is being able to come off screens and shoot jumpers. Wall is quick, athletic, his shot is improving and he can get his team involved. He also has a nose for the bal on dl. Montae is a scoring pg, martin is a sg, and mayo is a sg. Wall is in a different class(not skill wise just hes going to be a pure pg), dude is quick as hell he just doesn't look as quick because of his size. I think he can have an immediate impact on the game. ? always bring up lebron, we might not ever see a player who has the immediate impact on the game that bron did so your not saying anything by saying he won't "do what lebron did", yea him and every other rookie that comes through for the next 20 years.
    Wall got some hopps too......
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2009
    Options
    goat334 wrote: »
    Wall got some hopps too......

true story
  • suicideltc
    edited December 2009
    Options
    He is quit hatin and reconize greatness...

son, imma a avid fan i watch all of there games i just dont think hes gonna turn around a whole entire team by his self look at chris paul for example dude is a 20-10 pg pure pg and he cant turn around that ? team he needs some assitance. the wall has speed and hops he is gonna be a problem tho..
  • Dick Shitman
    edited December 2009
    Options
    suicideltc wrote: »
    son, imma a avid fan i watch all of there games i just dont think hes gonna turn around a whole entire team by his self look at chris paul for example dude is a 20-10 pg pure pg and he cant turn around that ? team he needs some assitance. the wall has speed and hops he is gonna be a problem tho..

CP3 did turn around the Hornets in his first year. They went from 18 wins to 38 in a tough western conference. His next year he battled injuries, but the year after that they won 56 games. Like I mentioned earlier, if he somehow gets drafted by the Pacers, he turns that team into a fringe playoff contender.
  • boom
    boom Members Posts: 2,083 ✭✭
    edited December 2009
    Options
    yea they gettin carried away.. he's not as strong as evans or rose..
  • Dick Shitman
    edited December 2009
    Options
    boom wrote: »
    yea they gettin carried away.. he's not as strong as evans or rose..

At this point in their freshman year, he's better than Evans or Rose.
  • im2fly
    im2fly Members Posts: 429
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    CP3 did turn around the Hornets in his first year. They went from 18 wins to 38 in a tough western conference. His next year he battled injuries, but the year after that they won 56 games. Like I mentioned earlier, if he somehow gets drafted by the Pacers, he turns that team into a fringe playoff contender.

yeah there's only so much you can do when your owner keeps making ? deals and giving away all your players for nothing. I think Wall could be a team changer cuz he can make average players look like all stars with his skill set. Look at what CP3 did for Tyson Chandler and soft ass David West. With CP3 out of the line up that whole team is garbage.

But u know ESPN is gonna be on his nuts now that Tebow is leaving Florida.
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Evan Turner>>>>John Wall

Yes I said it.
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Evan Turner>>>>John Wall

Yes I said it.

LOL, i wont go that far, But EVAN TURNER is a baller. Too bad he got injured, he was balling big time before then. He is mos def a top 5 pick in the next NBA draft.
  • BRiCKSQUAD
    BRiCKSQUAD Members Posts: 477
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I Aint Hating But Yall ? Bullshitting ..Dude Will Not Be Explosive In The NBA
  • prada_g24
    prada_g24 Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Yea, his coast to coast is crazy. Imagine rondo's quickness, only if he was 6'4 and about 20 pounds heavier

damn ok then i didnt think he was physically talented like that. but if he got his head on straight then the sky is the limit i guess
  • boom
    boom Members Posts: 2,083 ✭✭
    edited December 2009
    Options
    At this point in their freshman year, he's better than Evans or Rose.

just cause calipari said it doesnt mean its true... that ? 's job is to hype his players... wall doesnt compare to rose to me in their freshmen years..
  • MONEYMIKE27
    MONEYMIKE27 Members Posts: 8
    edited December 2009
    Options
    suicideltc wrote: »
    what u mean he cant turn a team around? he turn this wildcat team to nit to champs just in one year,u think if he wasn't on this team they still be undefeated? i dont think so.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Give the guy some time to work out in college... then make the call when he's finished
  • suicideltc
    edited December 2009
    Options
    what u mean he cant turn a team around? he turn this wildcat team to nit to champs just in one year,u think if he wasn't on this team they still be undefeated? i dont think so.
    Dont act like Eric Bledose and Demarcus cousin and pat patterson aint 5 star talent ? bledsoe was ranked number 3 in pg before accepting to ku. they got good supporting cast this team would of been better on memphis.
  • Dick Shitman
    edited December 2009
    Options
    boom wrote: »
    just cause calipari said it doesnt mean its true... that ? 's job is to hype his players... wall doesnt compare to rose to me in their freshmen years..

Aint nobody listenin to Cal but them brainwashed white folks lol. How does he not compare? Better stats across the board and he's shown up against ranked competition more than Rose did