Has anyone tried the master cleanse

Options
Bwoahmizzee
Bwoahmizzee Members Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in The Weight Room
you know the one where you do the cayenne pepper and maple syrup or something like that.

how did that work for you?

did you still have enough energy to do your regular work out routine while you were cleansing?

how much weight did you lose?

I'm already kinda skinny so if I lose like 10 - 15 pounds Imma look I'm dyin so don't think Imma be able to do it but I want to.

I also heard you can do a fruit cleanse for like 10 days which might be a lil easier for me

any input is appreciated

thanx in advance

Comments

• Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    my ex did it

? be havin wild mood swings on it

oh and you lose the weight but it comes back quick :-/
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    never did but have a "skinny fat" cousin who's tried that. it works at first but screws up your metabolism and slows it down.

so when you go back to eating normal (or even a little below normal) your body looked to store more cals as fat, because as far as your body is concerned you are eating way more than it needs (with a slower metabolism even if you aren't eating that much at all).

after you will get fatter then you were at first and it will make gaining fat easier.

Like Pico said, it probably will give a dude wild mood swings because a severely low/no fat diet will mess with your hormone/testosterone levels.

i wouldn't mess with it.
  • swag_of_krypton
    swag_of_krypton Members Posts: 935
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Just try a "500 calorie" diet for about a week and a half with like 30 minutes of cardio every other day...
    You'll lose about 10-15lbs in about 2-3 weeks.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I did it for a week I believe it was. Not that bad. I've heard of people doing it but still eating raw veggies along with it.
  • Bwoahmizzee
    Bwoahmizzee Members Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I think I might do a fruit or veggie cleanse

that master cleanse seems like a bit much

I just wanna make sure my insides are just as good as the outside
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I did that ? . I've always been the cubby/fat kid. That ? was the worst yo. If you don't like spicy food it's horrible. But just like the atkins diet you gain it all back and some once you start to eat normal B. There's no way to gradually go back to eating normal once you taste regular food again. I did it for 2 weeks.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I think I might do a fruit or veggie cleanse

that master cleanse seems like a bit much

I just wanna make sure my insides are just as good as the outside

This is what I do. It is great! And yes, you will surely cleanse yourself to the core. I wouldn't add any seasoning to my veggies but I would bake some squash in the oven and while I wouldn't OD on the banana, I would boil plantains also. Yummy.