Rakim vs. Biggie - Who has a better case for G.O.A.T.?

Comments

• Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Big Daddy Kane on the mic would eat Biggie as a starter, eat Rakim as a large main course, and would still have plenty of room to finish of the rest of todays rappers as a light dessert.

What the ? ...?
  • isayas
    isayas Confirm Email Posts: 2,972 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Punisher__ wrote: »
    What the ? ...?

Nah, he will. Just because the only rappers most of these poster's top 10 list doesn't include Kane. Doesn't mean he wouldn't give Ra the B.I.
  • rico_ENS
    rico_ENS Members Posts: 896 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    lemme come in n shut this ? down, for starters we all kno that RA started a new way of rapping with multi syllbic rhyming and different rhyme schemes n ? but u lying to yourself if u say big couldnt compete with ra. for 1 i think biggie was more complete than ra as far as skills go he had a better flow better story teller and had more quotables than prolly any other rap artist with only 2 albums.RA only was a better lyricist but lacked charisma. i grew up on this rap ? n i even remember older heads arguin sayin that ra wasnt even the best in his era kane was better. now lets stop this ? cause everytime i come to the reason ? is always comparin biggie to someone just to hate for no reason. word to fazeem.
  • Punisher__
    edited June 2010
    rico_ENS wrote: »
    lemme come in n shut this ? down, for starters we all kno that RA started a new way of rapping with multi syllbic rhyming and different rhyme schemes n ? but u lying to yourself if u say big couldnt compete with ra. for 1 i think biggie was more complete than ra as far as skills go he had a better flow better story teller and had more quotables than prolly any other rap artist with only 2 albums.RA only was a better lyricist but lacked charisma. i grew up on this rap ? n i even remember older heads arguin sayin that ra wasnt even the best in his era kane was better. now lets stop this ? cause everytime i come to the reason ? is always comparin biggie to someone just to hate for no reason. word to fazeem.

What exactly did you intend to "shut down" with this post? lol
  • Punisher__
    edited June 2010
    enomujacku wrote: »
    so make it known, wat about u disagree with.

Well, it's clear that Rakim is the superior talent. I mean, it almost seems like the equivalent of asking who's better...Prince or Justin Bieber? See the ridiculousness in that comparison? Skillset is just too Black and White of a topic to even touch, so there's no point in even going there. Rakim wins that one by default.

Now impact is something different, as both have been influential. Biggie was clearly influenced by the ? MC himself. And the same rappers that Biggie influenced, Rakim also influenced.

Rakim wins.
  • shiva9493
    shiva9493 Banned Users Posts: 53
    edited June 2010
    Why Rakim & Big?
  • Punisher__
    edited June 2010
    shiva9493 wrote: »
    Why Rakim & Big?

Because I wanted to throw shade to the Biggie fans.
  • Yungsta
    Yungsta Members Posts: 99
    edited June 2010
    I'll take biggie. I'd rather listen to his 2 albums on repeat than all of Rakim's ? consecutively
  • dookeyface
    dookeyface Members Posts: 44
    edited June 2010
    Yungsta wrote: »
    I'll take biggie. I'd rather listen to his 2 albums on repeat than all of Rakim's ? consecutively

^^ No offense, but your SN is Yungsta, so we wouldn't expect any other response from you on this thread than what you gave.
    Punisher__ wrote: »
    Well, it's clear that Rakim is the superior talent. I mean, it almost seems like the equivalent of asking who's better...Prince or Justin Bieber? See the ridiculousness in that comparison? Skillset is just too Black and White of a topic to even touch, so there's no point in even going there. Rakim wins that one by default.

Now impact is something different, as both have been influential. Biggie was clearly influenced by the ? MC himself. And the same rappers that Biggie influenced, Rakim also influenced.

Rakim wins.

^^ And th th th th th that's all folks.
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Anybody thinking that BIG's impact is on par with Rakim needs to brush up on their Hip-Hop knowledge. Rakim's impact>>>>>>>>>>any rapper's
  • midwestgangsta
    midwestgangsta Members Posts: 996
    edited June 2010
    white715 wrote: »
    Anybody thinking that BIG's impact is on par with Rakim needs to brush up on they're Hip-Hop knowledge. Rakim's impact>>>>>>>>>>any rapper's

^^? urself... pacs impact was way greater and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more felt. If you wanna play that ? originator card then ? grandmaster flash >>>>>>>>>>>>>> rakim... grandmaster flash permanently changed the whole scope of hip hop
  • mistaincredible
    mistaincredible Members Posts: 300
    edited June 2010
    rakim, he originated the the art biggie expanded on
  • midwestgangsta
    edited June 2010
    rakim, he originated the the art biggie expanded on

^^this has to be the dumbest post ever on the ic.... by that logic then the white man who invented basketball >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> michael jordan, kobe bryant, lebron james.... like u said he invented it... they just expanded on it
  • isayas
    edited June 2010
    ^^this has to be the dumbest post ever on the ic.... by that logic then the white man who invented basketball >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> michael jordan, kobe bryant, lebron james.... like u said he invented it... they just expanded on it

Log off, please. That was a ridiculous statement.
  • isayas
    edited June 2010
    Actually B.I.G. was influenced by Kane, G-Rap, & I dunno how the hell Heavy D, but Rakim is better tho. Big just had a better flow.
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    gotta go with ra
  • white715
    edited June 2010
    ^^? urself... pacs impact was way greater and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more felt. If you wanna play that ? originator card then ? grandmaster flash >>>>>>>>>>>>>> rakim... grandmaster flash permanently changed the whole scope of hip hop

I'm not even sure where to begin you seriously know nothing about hip-hop.

1. I didn't mention tupac but since you brought him up he metioned Ra as one of his favorite rappers ( I think even his favortie rapper) and a major influence on him.

2. Grandmaster Flash was a DJ not a rapper, soooo....yeah

3. Go listen to rap prior to 1986 then listen to Rakim then everything after. Matter of fact I'll help you out.

These two came out in 1985 this dropped in '86 notice the difference.
  • mistaincredible
    edited June 2010

1. I didn't mention tupac but since you brought him up he metioned Ra as one of his favorite rappers ( I think even his favortie rapper) and a major influence on him.

3. Go listen to rap prior to 1986 then listen to Rakim then everything after. Matter of fact I'll help you out.

well wht i meant by originated is he's the first one to pretty much invent flow as we kno it, and i didnt talk about pac at all. rakim's influence on rap is far superior to biggie's cuz rakim literally originated the way that biggie rapped. and i agree with what ur saying he completely changed the way rap worked. idunno why u said i mentioned something about pac tho
  • white715
    edited June 2010
    well wht i meant by originated is he's the first one to pretty much invent flow as we kno it, and i didnt talk about pac at all. rakim's influence on rap is far superior to biggie's cuz rakim literally originated the way that biggie rapped. and i agree with what ur saying he completely changed the way rap worked. idunno why u said i mentioned something about pac tho

Oh my bad I quoted the wrong post that was meant for midwestgangsta.
  • white715
    edited June 2010
    *Fixed*

Sorry again major L on my behalf
  • mistaincredible
    edited June 2010

*Fixed*

Sorry again major L on my behalf

lol no heat, that guy's ? though, cuz he really doesnt understand how much impact rakim had, like literally everything before rakim sounded like some ? sugarhill gang ?
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    G.luttonous
    O.bese
    A.nimalistic
    T.rick
  • midwestgangsta
    edited June 2010

^^shut the ? up u ? ...lol. melle ? melle whatever
  • midwestgangsta
    edited June 2010
    isayas wrote: »
    Log off, please. That was a ridiculous statement.

^^lol... ya k there kid... go head and get back 2 ur final fantasy game n let the grown ups discuss this ? u ? dweeb
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Gravy
    On
    A
    T-bone Steak