Running a marathon

Dupac
Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in The Weight Room
Iight, i've made the decision....

for my 30th brithday...

I wanna run a marathon...

that's 26miles 385 yards....

I turn 30 August 1rst 2012....and that's going to be my birthday gift to myself...

has anyone ever done this before???

Comments

• The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    ? no.
    Anything over two miles I'm driving homie. I hit the gym for cardio and conditioning.
  • deaththreats
    deaththreats Members Posts: 1,602 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    No sir... I only ran 1 mile before and that ? was enough bruh... I can play basketball ALL DAY, but I can't run/jog for ? ... Good luck playboy
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Better you than me homie i aint running up the block..

MORE POWER TO YOU...........(remember that)
  • Dupac
    edited May 2011
    lol, i've bene running more and more lately....but i feel like i needa step it alllllllll the way up.. i'm bout to go get me some good ass running shoes,(right now i'm running in some old ass foamposites) and start tearing the track up.....
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    No but I know people that do, don't go full on Marathon off the bat. Do the 5K, 10K, half-Marathon before you even consider a Marathon.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Most I ever did was a half. I used to really look like a runner... until you saw me running. But yeah ? a big accomplishment really and something that should really help you grow as a person.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    i starting trying to get in shape last September. just walking the track. that turned into jogging, which turned into treadmill almost every day. which led me to do a 5K in January. think i did it in like 24 minutes. i thought i was going to die afterwards. then did a 10K this March. couldn't run all the way. had to take alot of walk breaks. finished just under an hour. then just last week i did a 20K and killed it. 1:45. felt great about that time. but thats my limit for a while. I dont have the time or patience to train for a marathon anytime soon, but one day it something i want to do
  • Dupac
    edited May 2011
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    No but I know people that do, don't go full on Marathon off the bat. Do the 5K, 10K, half-Marathon before you even consider a Marathon.

doing a 5 k saturday...

ya heardddd
  • Dupac
    edited May 2011
    matt- wrote: »
    i starting trying to get in shape last September. just walking the track. that turned into jogging, which turned into treadmill almost every day. which led me to do a 5K in January. think i did it in like 24 minutes. i thought i was going to die afterwards. then did a 10K this March. couldn't run all the way. had to take alot of walk breaks. finished just under an hour. then just last week i did a 20K and killed it. 1:45. felt great about that time. but thats my limit for a while. I dont have the time or patience to train for a marathon anytime soon, but one day it something i want to do

yea that's how i feel, i wanna gradually work my way up.. the most i ever ran was 15 miles in college when i was wrestling.....that ? was hell, and i was in the best shape of my life.... i wanna surpass that though....
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    dusouljah wrote: »
    lol, i've bene running more and more lately....but i feel like i needa step it alllllllll the way up.. i'm bout to go get me some good ass running shoes,(right now i'm running in some old ass foamposites) and start tearing the track up.....

lets be real, the only way you are even seeing a marathon is if you are in these

shoes-with-wheels.jpg
  • Dupac
    edited May 2011
    i had to edit that last post.. the 10 mile run was in the middle of the off season training the "fun run" (which was 15 miles) was at the end... that ? was sickening.....and we had to finish it by sprinting a soccerfield...
  • Dupac
    edited May 2011
    matt- wrote: »
    lets be real, the only way you are even seeing a marathon is if you are in these

shoes-with-wheels.jpg

lmao......lmaoo....that would be a photo finish....doing a heely at the end, lol
  • J-GUTTA
    edited May 2011
    doing a 5 k saturday...

ya heardddd

Ya you better go buy some good gym RUNNING shoes now playboy or else. Watch Du go get the toe shoes...........

toeshoes1.jpg
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Ya you better go buy some good gym RUNNING shoes now playboy or else. Watch Du go get the toe shoes...........

toeshoes1.jpg

He is going to ? his feet up doing that! Minimal running is the new thing. Good if you know how to do it! Horrible and painful if you dont.

I want to run my first 5k soon. I need to pick one and stop messing around. Yesterday I walk 3.6 miles and ran it right afterwards. Today my legs are like Jello. I will be doing it again today but I am running first!
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Thats right, ? ... Get your ass to running :tu
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011

toeshoes1.jpg
    Those are my joints :tu They make your feet strong as ? after running in them for a while :tu

• Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    I ran a half marathon like a month ago, it was hard i was falling apart by the end, I doubt i'll ever do it again, and doing a whole one sounds terrible to me... but good luck
  • J-GUTTA
    edited May 2011
    Avi bet Du is in fetal position in a corner crying.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    running trains>>>>running marathons
  • Seansosa
    Seansosa Members Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    running trains>>>>running marathons

LOL really....
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Iight, i've made the decision....

for my 30th brithday...

I wanna run a marathon...

that's 26miles 385 yards....

I turn 30 August 1rst 2012....and that's going to be my birthday gift to myself...

has anyone ever done this before???

Yeah, I been in the Army for 13 years so I know a bit about running. But specifically I ran a half-marathon 13.1 miles with no true training.....it all is based on your training. I can't speak on the dieting for it but for training, you start out with say 4 miles and systematically increase distance so you avoid overtraining like shin splints, strains, etc.
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    BP OIL SPILL FACE Members Posts: 2,526 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    kat would agree

Ouch! LMMFAO
  • TANGLUNG
    TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    It's a science to running I've found out. Everything needs to be in sync, breathing, steps, etc. I say go for it. The shoes are pretty important.