Black People "Why are we so aggressive towards each other??????

Options
blacklsoldier
blacklsoldier Members Posts: 899
edited January 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
I mean damn i haven't been able to answer it for the longest. Just go onto Youtube and search "Hood Fights" and it's us actin like we don't have any sense. The smallest things set us off, whether out at a club, in a store or at church if a fellow black person says something we don't like 'S"h" quickly hits the fan". What are your guests/ answers, I honestly don't know.

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I don't think blacks are any more aggressive than any other group. Humans are all animals after all, and there are people in every race who exhibit that animalistic behavior. However, I'll say that blacks and browns seem to escalate ? faster. I mean white boys fight at clubs and parties just as much, maybe even more, than blacks, but it ends with the fight, they don't come back and shoot ? up.
  • ryder225
    ryder225 Banned Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I mean damn i haven't been able to answer it for the longest. Just go onto Youtube and search "Hood Fights" and it's us actin like we don't have any sense. The smallest things set us off, whether out at a club, in a store or at church if a fellow black person says something we don't like 'S"h" quickly hits the fan". What are your guests/ answers, I honestly don't know.

Being taught to fear/hate/ and distrust each other.. Its a symptom of slavery oppression and being mentally beaten down.

Also peoples egos.. they are territorial over ? they don't own.
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    We're not any more aggressive towards each other than anybody else. We just record the ? like idiots more. NIKE dont make more shoes but they do advertise more. So people buy in to it more.

Same with us. Soon as a fight break out we got a damn cell phone camera rolling. In that respect it's more about class. Rednecks film their fights black ass hood ? film theirs. We may not be more agreesive but we do advertise the aggression more and media doesnt mind perpetuating it too (not the news but online video channels etc).

Perfect example is black dude that got his ass beat by the old white man. Black girls video taping it snickering lol
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    We're not any more aggressive towards each other than anybody else. We just record the ? like idiots more. NIKE dont make more shoes but they do advertise more. So people buy in to it more.

Same with us. Soon as a fight break out we got a damn cell phone camera rolling. In that respect it's more about class. Rednecks film their fights black ass hood ? film theirs. We may not be more agreesive but we do advertise the aggression more and media doesnt mind perpetuating it too (not the news but online video channels etc).

Perfect example is black dude that got his ass beat by the old white man. Black girls video taping it snickering lol

good post...........
  • corporatebrotha
    corporatebrotha Members Posts: 72
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Cause we been through some isht!

? , we had it rough man! Ain't got time to be nice LOL
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited February 2010
    Options
    It's a control issue...it's not that hard to figure out
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    because black people constantly on the offensive trying to prove that they're hard, but they're too scared to turn on the real enemy
  • Rell Mayne
    Rell Mayne Members Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I dont even like Black people
  • dr. zero_ahh
    dr. zero_ahh Members Posts: 299
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Blacks are no more aggressive than anyone else. Only difference is as darc stated, we record it or the media shows it. Based off the stereotype that we are naturally more aggressive and less rational than other ethnic groups.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Blacks are no more aggressive than anyone else. Only difference is as darc stated, we record it or the media shows it. Based off the stereotype that we are naturally more aggressive and less rational than other ethnic groups.

i've actually read things to prove somewhat otherwise...no race is naturally more aggressive but there are circumstances that can make one group appear to be more aggressive than others...
  • blacklsoldier
    blacklsoldier Members Posts: 899
    edited February 2010
    Options
    So i guess we're more prone to see Whites, Asians, Lations ect doing/acting like this [video]http://www.ilovepwnage.com/video.php?v=Mjg3OA==[/video]

Im not saying it doesn't happen in their race BUT, i could give you alot more examples of blacks acting in a more aggressive manner towards each other as opposed to black vs every other race.The "Spit" is sickening
  • dr. zero_ahh
    dr. zero_ahh Members Posts: 299
    edited February 2010
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    i've actually read things to prove somewhat otherwise...no race is naturally more aggressive but there are circumstances that can make one group appear to be more aggressive than others...

When you add environment to the equation, sure. When certain basic needs aren't being met, of course. However, I thought the thread was making it seem as if blacks were naturally more aggressive, which is a stereotype and not true as you already stated.
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    the main reason black people are so aggressive towards each other cause of the environment we live in,and wasnt taught discipline.

oh yes,self hatred we are so good at killing one another that the white man is making so much money from our ignorance

why u think the KKK retiring their hoods and robes like NBA jerseys?

we will ? one another just because he wore the wrong color and hell we've been dying for 100's of years by white folks for being BLACK?

we will take from each other when we see a brother or sista,riding clean and living fine.

the white man programmed ? like animals to ? and attack each other which we see everyday on the news

the white man see us on rap shows and internet attacking one another cause they like seeing black people being ?

the white man can sleep good everyday,cause they know the black man wont ? them for being White but we ? sure will ? one another for them

All these useless gangs poppin up everywhere,? claiming neighborhoods that aint theres,? dying over DRUGS

? on corners selling drugs,when did you ever see a white man selling drugs on the corner? NEVER the white man got bigger fish to fry we just the bait to take their fall
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    because black people constantly on the offensive trying to prove that they're hard, but they're too scared to turn on the real enemy

Off topic, but I was lookin at the Huey Newton's Revolutionary Suicide book in your avatar. I just finished reading that book earlier this week. Very profound.
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The white man watching ? ? each other was their plan all along
  • Real Lady
    Real Lady Banned Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Because most of us think racism no longer exist,so we take it out on each other, instead of trying to fix government problems.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    men - hypermasculinity

women - thinking attitude is strength
  • playmaker88
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The white man watching ? ? each other was their plan all along

Dont blame ? killin other ? on the white man.. even if it was there plan....

Fact is whitey doesnt even get a chacne to be the problem and the ? around the corner is the biggest worry .. than the boogey man"white man"
  • ChillaDaKilla
    ChillaDaKilla Members, Banned Users Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Two words: Chemical Imbalances
  • knockoutking
    knockoutking Members Posts: 72
    edited February 2010
    Options
    a lot of black people feel that they have to live up to a preconceived notion of blackness. The stereotypical image of a black male is one that is big, strong, powerful, dominant etc. Whenever a person comes along and challenges this standard of blackness it immediately results in conflict which is why there is a lot of beef in the hood. Every dude isnt going to be the alpha male but every dude wants to perpetuate that image. A lot of pretenders to the throne, but no real kings. You know the real alpha males when you see them ie Tupac, TI, Diddy(as much as I hate him), Damon Dash etc. They have that aura to them
  • playmaker88
    edited February 2010
    Options
    a lot of black people feel that they have to live up to a preconceived notion of blackness. The stereotypical image of a black male is one that is big, strong, powerful, dominant etc. Whenever a person comes along and challenges this standard of blackness it immediately results in conflict which is why there is a lot of beef in the hood. Every dude isnt going to be the alpha male but every dude wants to perpetuate that image. A lot of pretenders to the throne, but no real kings. You know the real alpha males when you see them ie Tupac, TI, Diddy(as much as I hate him), Damon Dash etc. They have that aura to them

Agree with the bolded
  • jasonwllms55
    jasonwllms55 Members Posts: 810 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    good question. dont really have answer. alot of valid points have been made.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    men - hypermasculinity

women - thinking attitude is strength

the underlined is the number 1 killer of black men in the US SMH

and the sad part is a lot of cats don't even see the signs they suffering from it SMH

this is a good thread topic even though most aggression and violence is usually directed at members of your own race in any group

it's very rare a person decides to ? with somebody of another race unless they live in a mixed community...and even then it's still rare compared to intra-racial tension

especially with black folks because it holds us back even more than others
  • da champ
    da champ Members Posts: 1,091
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I think the t/s answered their own question right in the beginning by youtubing "Hood Fights." It's not like he typed in Wall Street Fights.

The less money in an area, the more likely people are going to fight to defend they little that they do have ("territory," pride, money, etc.)