snap
snap Members Posts: 298
edited May 2011 in R&B & Alternatives

Comments

• real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I agree. And despite her attempts to go hoodrat route, she showed class on last album.
  • soulatlantic
    soulatlantic Members Posts: 346
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Still Standing was an incredible album. it solidified her as a true talent in this industry, and showcased her ability to still be a major player in R&B.

that voice is so great, and so soulful
  • Super Lex
    Super Lex Members Posts: 460
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I agree. And despite her attempts to go hoodrat route, she showed class on last album.

What you mean?

On another note. Still Standing I give a 4.5/5. Definitely a top 3 album that year. I got up on it late as hell. smh. Monica could always sing.
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Super Lex wrote: »
    What you mean?

On another note. Still Standing I give a 4.5/5. Definitely a top 3 album that year. I got up on it late as hell. smh. Monica could always sing.

She experienced with crunk on "Makings of Me". Don't get me wrong, I loved that album but seemed like her pen game went downhill on that one. For example "Sideline hoe". On "Still standing" she quitted attempts to cater to hood audiences and made striclty traditional R&B album.
  • Super Lex
    Super Lex Members Posts: 460
    edited May 2011
    Options
    She experienced with crunk on "Makings of Me". Don't get me wrong, I loved that album but seemed like her pen game went downhill on that one. For example "Sideline hoe". On "Still standing" she quitted attempts to cater to hood audiences and made striclty traditional R&B album.

Oh. I thought you were talking about Still Standing. The lyrics in Sideline and the Makings were trash. Comparing love to Gucci shoes? I know Kelly compared a woman to a car but come on. You sampled freaking Curtis Mayfield.