Is, Cena vs Rock 2k12, the anti Hogan vs Sting '97?

Options
DOPEdweebz
DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
edited May 2011 in Off The Turn Buckle
In terms of proper build up and actual match quality?

I feel that the build up will be horrible.. a whole ? year with dude carrying the belt, and it's not like The Rock is wrestling all year around to freshen u...This COULD be a good match assuming The Rock is wrestling here and there at house shows to get his rhythm back to anywhere close to where it used to be.

Basically
1. What if cena gets injured shortly b4 WM
2. What if the rock gets injured shortly b4 WM
3. Will The Rock be rusty
4. Isn't' obvious The Rock will LOSE if this is ONE TIME ONLY?

Comments

• sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Yeah, for some reason I see their match being complete let down. Rock is so concentrated on his movie career he may not be able to even get in enough ring time to work off his ring rust, or my even think he won't need to.

And in the case of one of them getting injured, it'd be real interesting to see how WWE would try and over their ? after announcing a match 1 year in advanced and not being able to deliver on it.

And yes. Rock will lose. Either that or they wrestle to a draw.
  • TrueGodHS
    TrueGodHS Members Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    It's a lackluster build up without Rock being around like that
  • young chad
    young chad Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Lost all steam for me when Cena won the title...I'm not interested in WWE with Miz not being the champ, I'm even less interested in Cena being champ...and I'm completely un-interested in Cena being in the title picture for an entire year.....and I'm 'scusted with knowing there's a 99.9% chance Cena is going to keep the title an entire year, especially for a
    "one time only" match against his opponent because that kills the outcome of the match. If Rock wins the title and vacates it, BOOOOO..if Cena wins it's DUHHH.

Would've rather seen Cena struggle all year to get the title, and then win it at Royal Rumble in some epic match up...or even the PPV in March...like he spends an entire year concentrating on both Rock and the Title..tkaes a toll on him, then finally..FINALLY wins....

Him winning the title this early is more of what everyone expected to happen...now even if the title changes hands a few times between now and WM...it's still a given that Cena will be champ in April 2012...
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited May 2011
    Options
    once announced it would be a yr in the making i lost all interest
  • Gnawledgeable
    Gnawledgeable Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Hopefully Cena could lose it, then regain it back in time. I also believe The Rock will win but keep it shortly for a few months.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited May 2011
    Options
    young chad wrote: »
    Lost all steam for me when Cena won the title...I'm not interested in WWE with Miz not being the champ, I'm even less interested in Cena being champ...and I'm completely un-interested in Cena being in the title picture for an entire year.....and I'm 'scusted with knowing there's a 99.9% chance Cena is going to keep the title an entire year, especially for a
    "one time only" match against his opponent because that kills the outcome of the match. If Rock wins the title and vacates it, BOOOOO..if Cena wins it's DUHHH.

Would've rather seen Cena struggle all year to get the title, and then win it at Royal Rumble in some epic match up...or even the PPV in March...like he spends an entire year concentrating on both Rock and the Title..takes a toll on him, then finally..FINALLY wins....

Him winning the title this early is more of what everyone expected to happen...now even if the title changes hands a few times between now and WM...it's still a given that Cena will be champ in April 2012...

^^^^^ the truth will set us free...
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited May 2011
    Options
    unless i missed something i doubt the wwe will have rock/cena be a world title match, because that match doesn't need the title.
  • sobek
    edited May 2011
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    unless i missed something i doubt the wwe will have rock/cena be a world title match, because that match doesn't need the title.

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm thinking. Why are people thinking John Cena's going to hold the title for an entire year just because he's gonna face The Rock @ WM? And who said it was gonna be a title match anyway?
  • Food & Liquor
    Food & Liquor Members Posts: 1,126
    edited May 2011
    Options
    sobek wrote: »
    Yeah, that's exactly what I'm thinking. Why are people thinking John Cena's going to hold the title for an entire year just because he's gonna face The Rock @ WM? And who said it was gonna be a title match anyway?

The only person who has said it could be is Cena when he said himself he'd hold it for a year... I doubt he will hold it but you never know with Cena
  • sobek
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The only person who has said it could be is Cena when he said himself he'd hold it for a year... I doubt he will hold it but you never know with Cena

Well, I must have missed him saying that. But, even if something ? like that happens, It'd be even more stupid to have Rock vs Cena as a title match when we all know Rock ain't gonna win the title. Their match ain't gonna be nothing more then a "torch passing" just like when Hogan lost to Rock.
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The build up prolly wont be as good as Hogan vs Sting @ Starcade 97 but hopefully the match is. That ? was wack & 1 of the few bad matches I can actually remember Sting having. The fallout of that ? was even worse and is where WCW's downfall started IMO. A few months later Stone Cold won the WWF title @ WM 14 & the following night Raw beat Nitro in ratings for the 1st time in nearly 2 years...and the rest was history. SMH @ Hogan not wanting to drop the belt.