Natural hair movement....A fad or black women really starting to love their hair

Options
2»

Comments

• Lottafolocsgirl
    Lottafolocsgirl Members Posts: 51
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Ms Eudoxie wrote: »
    Yeah thats ? too. Kinky curly is way better than stringy straight.

Its like when someone with permed hair use to tell me as I was growing my fro back in the day "when are you gonna do something to your hair?" I like ish wtf are you doing with your limpy stuff....a wrap is not a real hairstyle imo. Then you may do a rod set or something ...but you have way more options with natural hair stylewise than that straight permed stuff any day
  • Smo-King Locs
    Smo-King Locs Banned Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    If they did it because they actually wanted to do it on their own and kept them... and NOT just cause they see people on tv doing it. I would hate to see this trend end ...JUST BECAUSE THEY FAVORITE ARTIST SAID IT WAS UNCOOL again smh ....ya'll know some people just be on Monkey see monkey do mode....

watz good how u doin ms locs ...us locs gotta stick 2 gether u kno
  • Lottafolocsgirl
    edited May 2011
    Options
    watz good how u doin ms locs ...us locs gotta stick 2 gether u kno

Man im chilllin ova here Mr Locs u right we do gott stick together it be hard out there ya know lol;)
  • sun03
    sun03 Members Posts: 44
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I've always been natural. I wear braids a lotand the odd times I would wear extentions. But right now I'm all about my kinky. I love natural hair and I'm actually starting to get almost addicted to taking care of it.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I hope its a damn fad.

Press that ? . Most of them look plum ass terrible.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    GTFOH these broads just fronting secretly cryin inside cause they aint got that silky straight
    PREACH

*just let your soooooul gloooooow*

Plus they making black women look lazy as ? . Press your ? hair. That ? aint feminine. I dont want to look at no damn warrior lookin ? that look like she misplaced her spear and lip plate on her way to work.

Be a ? at heart. But crackers got it right wit the hair. Although my favorite kind of hair on a pretty black female is that fuzzy natural kind. But most of yall black ? look sinfully tribal.
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    PREACH

Plus they making black women look lazy as ? . Press your ? hair. That ? aint feminine. I dont want to look at no damn warrior lookin ? that look like she misplaced her spear and lip plate on her way to work.

Be a ? at heart. But crackers got it right wit the hair. Although my favorite kind of hair on a pretty black female is that fuzzy natural kind. But most of yall black ? look sinfully tribal.
    10hnmo9.gif

• KinkyCurls
    KinkyCurls Members Posts: 1,353 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    PREACH

everything is right with afro hair, no lice, ? less, oily less, it doesnt touch all the nasty chairs in buses and places you have to sit on because it grows up and not down. it doesnt get caught onto things.

basically
    How the ? did ? make a mistake by making afro hair? get the ? out of here and take your eurocentric bull with you. if you dont like afro hair take it up to ? .
  • sun03
    edited June 2011
    Options
    KinkyCurls wrote: »
    everything is right with afro hair, no lice, ? less, oily less, it doesnt touch all the nasty chairs in buses and places you have to sit on because it grows up and not down. it doesnt get caught onto things.

basically
    How the ? did ? make a mistake by making afro hair? get the ? out of here and take your eurocentric bull with you. if you dont like afro hair take it up to ? .

You are absoultely right. Afro kinky hair=original hair. It gets no lice, no bugs, protects against cold and warm weather. Straight hair doesn't protect against anything, it gets lice, bugs etc etc. Its not normal for bugs to be attracted to hair, like that. Black people have excellent genes and are made for survival from head to toe.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    wtf @ original hair

sounds like some self righteous ?
  • Coby Vibes
    Coby Vibes Members Posts: 2,892
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Dainty wrote: »
    I don't believe it's about the hair texture it's about the people doing it for the wrong reasons, like because they saw someone on youtube with natural hair so they want natural hair too. If that makes any sense.

must only be african americans
  • Lottafolocsgirl
    edited June 2011
    Options
    PREACH

You mean to tell me ...that stringy over processed straight ...can't be in no type of precipitation or im gonna melt stuff is f'ing better?!!! ...really!!!. Now I ain't hatin on if you just prefer that straight stuff as a variation of styles you can choose from. But nobody is gonna get me to believe that the hair the creator gave me is disgusting. As a side not it still take a lot of effort to keep natural hair healthy so don't even start that we lazy for keeping our fros, curly, locked, or it damn well may be straight in its pure state, hair. Crackers be trying to get their hair like ours ( with they curly perms etc). Look don't feed into the brainwashing garbage out there...women out their losing their hair to track based alopecia trying to fit into that mess smh
  • sun03
    edited June 2011
    Options
    PREACH

Uh, you need some therapy, man. Self-hate is a disease.
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Lol@ y'all believing darx. He stay making people catch feelings...lmao.....
    When my lady went natural I was skeptical at first...but now....I love it and I don't want her to go back to that chemical stringy ? ...
  • TB.Boy
    TB.Boy Members Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I was watching some movie called black dynamite and all the women had afros and they were looking like dimes.... so please natural hair!
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i got natural hair too tho