Debate: Millz vs AFRICA Who is the better PG career wise Jason Kidd or Steve Nash?

Options
one_manshow
one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
Each of y'all have 3 post to make your points. First poster who goes first must let the second poster respond as we it will go in a orderly fashion since time is needed to respond. Once the debate is done (3 days from today) other posters will vote using polls and comment on here for who won.

Remember no wiki or copy and pasting everything must be in your own words. Stay on topic and refrain from using video's.

Lets get this cracking..................

Comments

• MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i'll get it started.......
  • MillzOG
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Off top....Nash is in his 13th year i believe, maybe 14th....wasnt a fulltime starter in the NBA until his 5th year! (he was drafted out of Santa Clara onto a PHX suns team that already had Kevin Johnson and a young Jason Kidd on the roster)

so in 9years, of REAL playing time he has gotten 2 MVPs, been the starting PG for the team with the highest scoring offense in 8 of those 9 years (including this year), and been to the playoffs every year in that time including 3trips to the Western Conference finals (1 with Dallas, 2 with Phx) and there are actually LEGIT reasons (or excuses if thats the way u wanna look at em) for why they didnt make it to the NBA finals....

obviously Jason Kidd got triple doubles over Nash, and he made it to the finals twice in a row....BUT, he got swept both times and this happened when the East was SUPER weak and the Lakers and Spurs were basically takin turns winning rings....

i got some more impressive Nash stats to drop on ? , but i'll wait till post #2
  • MillzOG
    edited February 2010
    Options
    yo show, ? u aint even put up a poll!
  • one_manshow
    edited February 2010
    Options
    My bad I just put it up now....We shall give AFRICA some time to respond to your intro.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    damn thats alot of writing lol do you mind if we push this back until tomorrow im in lurk mode right now not really up for a debate or any thing that involves me typing
  • MillzOG
    edited February 2010
    Options
    damn thats alot of writing lol do you mind if we push this back until tomorrow im in lurk mode right now not really up for a debate or any thing that involves me typing

bet...just dnt be up late 2nite on wikipedia tryna memorize some facts lol

yo....u with allowing 1 video for the final post?!, or u wanna do no videos at all
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited February 2010
    Options
    bet...just dnt be up late 2nite on wikipedia tryna memorize some facts lol

yo....u with allowing 1 video for the final post?!, or u wanna do no videos at all

hahaha na man none of that ? and yea i aint mad go ahead i just hope its not a video where J Kidd is praising Nash calling him the GOAT having me take the automatic L
  • MillzOG
    edited February 2010
    Options
    hahaha na man none of that ? and yea i aint mad go ahead i just hope its not a video where J Kidd is praising Nash calling him the GOAT having me take the automatic L

lmao....

u could use a video for ya last post too
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Iverson>>>>>>>
  • DatGuyJ22
    DatGuyJ22 Members Posts: 1,093
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Foh .@ Nash havin a better career

But looks like its gonna be a good debate
  • MillzOG
    edited February 2010
    Options
    and 1 thing 2 all ya ? voting....

PLEASE DO NOT come in here and vote for me or africa because YOU THINK Nash or kidd is better....but act like you know nothing about Nash and Kidd, vote based off what we tell u

tis all
  • one_manshow
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Daaaaamn J-Kidd 19 16 and 17 tonight...proof he can still ball
  • MillzOG
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Daaaaamn J-Kidd 19 16 and 17 tonight...proof he can still ball

lmao i was mad as hell when i saw that.....

Nash came off a back injury and had 10/17, then 20/13 (in 3 quarters) in his next 2 games though...so ? it

smh @ you tryna poison the jury and ? lol
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lol @ kidd lurkin the boards

"i'll show that ? millz"
  • MillzOG
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    lol @ kidd lurkin the boards

"i'll show that ? millz"

lol smfh

and then Steve Nash aint help me out either goin 1-7 finish with 8pts 11 assists
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Off top....Nash is in his 13th year i believe, maybe 14th....wasnt a fulltime starter in the NBA until his 5th year! (he was drafted out of Santa Clara onto a PHX suns team that already had Kevin Johnson and a young Jason Kidd on the roster)

so in 9years, of REAL playing time he has gotten 2 MVPs, been the starting PG for the team with the highest scoring offense in 8 of those 9 years (including this year), and been to the playoffs every year in that time including 3trips to the Western Conference finals (1 with Dallas, 2 with Phx) and there are actually LEGIT reasons (or excuses if thats the way u wanna look at em) for why they didnt make it to the NBA finals....

obviously Jason Kidd got triple doubles over Nash, and he made it to the finals twice in a row....BUT, he got swept both times and this happened when the East was SUPER weak and the Lakers and Spurs were basically takin turns winning rings....

i got some more impressive Nash stats to drop on ? , but i'll wait till post #2

ok since im forced to break up my argument into three segments lets start with stats. Im not allowed to use any web sites for exact stats but as far as i know Jason Kidd is now number two on the all time assist list yes ALL TIME only second to Stockton and yes Nash didnt play much his first couple of years due to him not being as talented at the time as the guys ahead of him which included Kevin Johnson and well... Jason Kidd. On top of being among the all time assist leaders Kidd is now also top 5 all time in steals some thing that Nash can only dream to accomplish due to him not playing any thing that resembles defense and every one on this board probably thinking Kidds weakness and is shooting right? well let me ask you this which on of these two players in this debate is top 5 of all time in threes made...... ill wait
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
  • MillzOG
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ok since im forced to break up my argument into three segments lets start with stats. Im not allowed to use any web sites for exact stats but as far as i know Jason Kidd is now number two on the all time assist list yes ALL TIME only second to Stockton and yes Nash didnt play much his first couple of years due to him not being as talented at the time as the guys ahead of him which included Kevin Johnson and well... Jason Kidd. On top of being among the all time assist leaders Kidd is now also top 5 all time in steals some thing that Nash can only dream to accomplish due to him not playing any thing that resembles defense and every one on this board probably thinking Kidds weakness and is shooting right? well let me ask you this which on of these two players in this debate is top 5 of all time in threes made...... ill wait

LOL @ not being talented enough, its called waiting your turn (similar to what Kevin Kolb is goin through for the Philly eagles)....and its not every year that you draft somebody out of SANTA CLARA that deserves starter minutes right away....and while Jason Kidd is #2 in the alltime assists record, Nash is #8 and Jason Kidd has him by at least 3seasons of actual starts...and its funny you mention that Kidd is top 5 in 3's made, your lucky we cant check stats to see that his 3pt percentage is defintely under 40%, which would show exactly why when Jason kidd came in the league he was known as "Ason" (no J), and as far as passing goes....who u think holds the record for most games with 10+ assists in a row? Steve Nash, #2 is Magic Johnson, and Steve Nash is the ONLY player in NBA history that played PG to win the MVP twice in a row (while Ason has 0 MVP's)

ooooohhhhhh i was bouta go for the knockout in this round, but i'll wait for my final round....go ahead and play catchup doggie!
  • TdotGoHARD87
    TdotGoHARD87 Members Posts: 782 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    nash slumps kidd early. kidd is nice but wheres his mvps? nash got 2 in a row. how many players have even accomplished that? not many.
  • MillzOG
    edited February 2010
    Options
    nash slumps kidd early. kidd is nice but wheres his mvps? nash got 2 in a row. how many players have even accomplished that? not many.

no other PG has did it before, thats for sure....

make sure u here to vote after we both do our 3rd posts
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited February 2010
    Options
    LOL @ not being talented enough, its called waiting your turn (similar to what Kevin Kolb is goin through for the Philly eagles)....and its not every year that you draft somebody out of SANTA CLARA that deserves starter minutes right away....and while Jason Kidd is #2 in the alltime assists record, Nash is #8 and Jason Kidd has him by at least 3seasons of actual starts...and its funny you mention that Kidd is top 5 in 3's made, your lucky we cant check stats to see that his 3pt percentage is defintely under 40%, which would show exactly why when Jason kidd came in the league he was known as "Ason" (no J), and as far as passing goes....who u think holds the record for most games with 10+ assists in a row? Steve Nash, #2 is Magic Johnson, and Steve Nash is the ONLY player in NBA history that played PG to win the MVP twice in a row (while Ason has 0 MVP's)

ooooohhhhhh i was bouta go for the knockout in this round, but i'll wait for my final round....go ahead and play catchup doggie!

catch up? you said a lot with out saying much at all. Waiting your turn? ? please he wasnt as good i suppose Lebron James was should have sat out his fist season to play behind a more experienced Ricky Davis right and you want to talk about the 3 extra seasons he had well lets talk about the talent that Jason Kidd had to play with compared to Nash. Nash for the most part played on a Mavs team with Dirk and a then prime Michael Finley in a run and gun offense where no D being played so his numbers were inflated in Nellies system. Then he goes to the Suns where he plays with Amare and Marion and for a short time Jo Johnson. Kidd well he actually played both sides and at times had to guard the opposing teams best player you know why? Because he played with bums for a large part of his career in NJ. Can you name 3 players not named Kidd on that team with out laughing i mean he turned Kenyon Martin into an all star he should win the argument off of that alone. Two finals appearances with a bunch of bums and Nash hasnt been there once playing along side superstars. As for the "MVPs" ill adress that ? in the next segment.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited February 2010
    Options
    no other PG has did it before, thats for sure....

make sure u here to vote after we both do our 3rd posts

does the name Magic Johnson ring a bell
  • MillzOG
    edited February 2010
    Options
    catch up? you said a lot with out saying much at all. Waiting your turn? ? please he wasnt as good i suppose Lebron James was should have sat out his fist season to play behind a more experienced Ricky Davis right and you want to talk about the 3 extra seasons he had well lets talk about the talent that Jason Kidd had to play with compared to Nash. Nash for the most part played on a Mavs team with Dirk and a then prime Michael Finley in a run and gun offense where no D being played so his numbers were inflated in Nellies system. Then he goes to the Suns where he plays with Amare and Marion and for a short time Jo Johnson. Kidd well he actually played both sides and at times had to guard the opposing teams best player you know why? Because he played with bums for a large part of his career in NJ. Can you name 3 players not named Kidd on that team with out laughing i mean he turned Kenyon Martin into an all star he should win the argument off of that alone. Two finals appearances with a bunch of bums and Nash hasnt been there once playing along side superstars. As for the "MVPs" ill adress that ? in the next segment.

you cant really be comparing Steve Nash to Lebron right? people, see through that smokescreen....

When Nash became a starter, Dirk was a rookie or in his 2nd year and Michael Finley was 31 on the way out of his prime...and once again with this Nash being a product of a system ?
    Nellie is coachin the Warriors right now, they are running and gunning and playin no defense...but STILL NOT WINNING GAMES....in New York, D'Antoni is running and gunning and they were just on an 8game losing streak (it hurts me to write that) with Steve nash running that show for both teams he was gettin 55 wins a season just about.....he didnt make it to the finals but the West was much tougher than the East thats why Kidd made it there...and dont front like Kenyon martin wasnt a double double machine before havin all them injuries, and he had a young richard jefferson, kerry kittles was ight.....and he eventually played with Vince Carter so Kidd didnt play with just bums

Now, Nash is 36 hes averagin 18/11 and look at his team compared to Kidd's team where Kidd is averagin somethin around 8/5/9 or some ? ...the Suns are 5th in the west, Dallas is 3rd

Heres my video to prove what Nash could do, i WAS gonna put the video where Nash shot a game tying 3 in Jason Kidd's face, to send a game to overtime...and then in overtime to LOSE the game Kidd turned the ball over and the Suns got the ball back, Nash iced the game at the free throw line (the epic Suns vs Nets 3 Overtime game that final score was like 162-159 or some ? ...Poor Kidd...Then i thought about puttin some passing highlights, but ? that ya know how he get down with the passing...so here is this instead :
  • MillzOG
    edited February 2010
    Options
    damn...that was a od titangraph and a half lol