Debate: Millz vs AFRICA Who is the better PG career wise Jason Kidd or Steve Nash?

Options
13»

Comments

• MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i typed a long ass final statement and when i tried to post it i was signed out so i said ? it but the points that i went over were Nash only deserving 1 mvp and Kidd getting robbed when duncan won it. Also millz overlooking Nash being a liability on defense and Kidd being a great defender as well as Kidds rebounding being up there with centers and pfs for a long stretch of his career. hey ima lazy ? but fact is Kidd is just a better player has put up better numbers and has had a better career.

L

lmao.............
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I thought AFRICA would come better than that but with the info provided my vote goes to Millz
  • Sym_
    Sym_ Members Posts: 842
    edited March 2010
    Options
    bah...excellent points from both sides, i dunno who was better, and i cant say with 100% certainty that kidd>nash or nash>kidd

so im not gonna vote, draw imo
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    L

lmao.............

hahaha it burned my soul
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i dont think the vote should go towards the info provided it should go towards who "you" feel has had the better career our information was ment to persuade you of why we felt Kidd or Nash was better.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited March 2010
    Options
    jayhi22 wrote: »
    Based off the debate... Im goin with Millz.. But I personally like Kidd better since hes a better all around player

the previous post was intended for voters like these smh
  • MillzOG
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i dont think the vote should go towards the info provided it should go towards who "you" feel has had the better career our information was ment to persuade you of why we felt Kidd or Nash was better.

lol HELL NO ? ......vote as to what the debate was about! if it was supposed to just be vote off whoever they felt was the best player then it was no point in us debatin it!
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Kidd all day. dude has dominated since he came in the League. Nash got better later on. Kidd is tall plays defense as well. Nash is a liability on defense. Kidd rebounds..... Nash is just a Mark Price
  • Piff
    Piff Members Posts: 84
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Wow, how in the world does a guy debating for Kidd lose this battle when the person he's up against is completely innate and damn near invisible on one end of the floor (Nash)? Anyhow, despite the odds, Millz won this debate.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Both arguments had holes in em and kidd did not get swept back to back nets lost in 6 in 03.

You play to win and kidd took a ? ass nets team to the finals twice.The east wasn't that weak being they won 2 out of the next 3 titles (04,06).Kidd also got robbed of the 02 mvp.Nash puts up great stats in those system ass offenses and his D sucks.He gotta a way better J than kidd but thats it.Kidd was stickin kobe in the finals and paul pierce in the east finals he used to have Defense.

Kidd better to me.If I had to vote I'd give it to millz cuz africa just quit.

and that hurt everything for him
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Both arguments had holes in em and kidd did not get swept back to back nets lost in 6 in 03.

You play to win and kidd took a ? ass nets team to the finals twice.The east wasn't that weak being they won 2 out of the next 3 titles (04,06).Kidd also got robbed of the 02 mvp.Nash puts up great stats in those system ass offenses and his D sucks.He gotta a way better J than kidd but thats it.Kidd was stickin kobe in the finals and paul pierce in the east finals he used to have Defense.

Kidd better to me.If I had to vote I'd give it to millz cuz africa just quit.

i mentioned all of that
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i just re read your arguments and some of what you said wasnt that great man you made the comparison of Nash playing in Nellies system and wining and the Knicks and Warriors not being able to do the same well what about the difference in talent on those squads compared to what the Mavs and Suns had ? it you didnt win this debate i lost it yea im mad
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Did Millz have any counterarguments for Nash not being able to stop the worst WNBA player one on one?
  • MillzOG
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i just re read your arguments and some of what you said wasnt that great man you made the comparison of Nash playing in Nellies system and wining and the Knicks and Warriors not being able to do the same well what about the difference in talent on those squads compared to what the Mavs and Suns had ? it you didnt win this debate i lost it yea im mad

i could've made better points then the points i did make...but i kept havin to start and stop since we both wasnt logged on at the same time to have more of a "live" debate.....but i still won though so

Nash >>> Kidd
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    Did Millz have any counterarguments for Nash not being able to stop the worst WNBA player one on one?

thats a reach....but it be like that sometimes,

and i dont think theres many guards in the NBA that can guard a 36year old Nash
  • aneed123
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i just dont get how defense and rebounding dont count. Nash does neither Kidd does both. one guy has played at a Hall of Fame level his whole career while Nash didnt. Hell Phoenix traded Nash Kidd balled out when he was in Phoenix and made Marion a household name
  • MillzOG
    edited March 2010
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    i just dont get how defense and rebounding dont count. Nash does neither Kidd does both. one guy has played at a Hall of Fame level his whole career while Nash didnt. Hell Phoenix traded Nash Kidd balled out when he was in Phoenix and made Marion a household name

by his whole career im guessing the present does count right?!....Kidd is still playin at HOF level?!....has he been for the last 4 years before this one??...or has Nash been outplaying him since his last year in Dallas, yea i think he has been

and Kidd hasnt been a good defender for a while either, idk what basketball ya been watchin....he was a good defender but he barely plays defense himself anymore
  • aneed123
    edited March 2010
    Options
    by his whole career im guessing the present does count right?!....Kidd is still playin at HOF level?!....has he been for the last 4 years before this one??...or has Nash been outplaying him since his last year in Dallas, yea i think he has been

and Kidd hasnt been a good defender for a while either, idk what basketball ya been watchin....he was a good defender but he barely plays defense himself anymore

I just watched Kidd last night guard a bigger guy in the post after a pick and role switch...Nash cant do that. to say he is better overall player that Kidd means Nash played defens and rebounded along with his assists and points. thats not true.
  • MillzOG
    edited March 2010
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    I just watched Kidd last night guard a bigger guy in the post after a pick and role switch...Nash cant do that. to say he is better overall player that Kidd means Nash played defens and rebounded along with his assists and points. thats not true.

i've never called Nash a better overrall player, i said hes a better Point guard then him....and i just stated my arguement as to why i think he has had a better career than Kidd....but no hes not the better overrall basketball player...

but i just watched Steve Nash run a pick and roll where the guard and forward switched, and Nash dropped the 3 in the forwards face....Kidd cant do that
  • DatGuyJ22
    DatGuyJ22 Members Posts: 1,093
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I cant believe this ? quit on his last post

Kidd >>>>>>>> Nash though
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    DatGuyJ22 wrote: »
    I cant believe this ? quit on his last post

Kidd >>>>>>>> Nash though
    Real talk
    millz coulda got ethered lol
  • aneed123
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i've never called Nash a better overrall player, i said hes a better Point guard then him....and i just stated my arguement as to why i think he has had a better career than Kidd....but no hes not the better overrall basketball player...

but i just watched Steve Nash run a pick and roll where the guard and forward switched, and Nash dropped the 3 in the forwards face....Kidd cant do that

Ive seen Kidd do that as well.
  • MillzOG
    edited March 2010
    Options
    bigb86 wrote: »
    Real talk
    millz coulda got ethered lol

lol never.....my ? could've been way better, but i kept havin to make a post then wait a whole day or 2 then make another post, so whatever info i was thinkin of i had forgotten by the time i was typin my next post....

? my whole debate was off the dome, no wiki or nothin
  • HipHopSouth
    HipHopSouth Members Posts: 76
    edited March 2010
    Options
    good ? guys...I've helped organized this type of thing so if yall want, I'd like to help out if I could.
  • MillzOG
    edited March 2010
    Options
    good ? guys...I've helped organized this type of thing so if yall want, I'd like to help out if I could.

yea...any help is good help
  • HipHopSouth
    HipHopSouth Members Posts: 76
    edited March 2010
    Options
    yea...any help is good help

cool, check ya PM I sent you one of the debates we did