Yeshua aka Jesus The Christ Son of ? discussion thread...

Options

Comments

• whar67
    whar67 Members Posts: 542
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Josephus and Tactitus each contain references to a Jesus in Jeruselem around the period of the Gospels. While those that argue Jesus is a myth have arguements against each of these they seem pretty sound. Neither support Jesus as divine, the parts the do in the Josephus translation are certainly pious frauds, they do confirm a person named Jesus lived during that period and was crucified.
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    c1up wrote: »
    smh, the man existed and because of that he had to be something, he wasn't clear... he was a human after all... he most likely was of black and/or of middle eastern ethnicity

Proof???????
  • bless the child
    edited January 2010
    Options
    whar67 wrote: »
    Josephus and Tactitus each contain references to a Jesus in Jeruselem around the period of the Gospels. While those that argue Jesus is a myth have arguements against each of these they seem pretty sound. Neither support Jesus as divine, the parts the do in the Josephus translation are certainly pious frauds, they do confirm a person named Jesus lived during that period and was crucified.

I heard that before but i've never been able to come up with those sources. You know of anywhere I can find them?
  • sounds of jacob
    sounds of jacob Banned Users Posts: 166
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i heard that before but i've never been able to come up with those sources. You know of anywhere i can find them?

lol go pick up "the book of josephus "

and you negroes are the true jews we were pushed out of israel in 70 ad by titus and vespasian

into west africa
  • whar67
    edited January 2010
    Options
    From Antiquities of the Jews

Now there was about this time Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man; for he was a doer of wonderful works, a teacher of such men as receive the truth with pleasure. He drew over to him both many of the Jews and many of the Gentiles. He was [the] Christ. And when Pilate, at the suggestion of the principal men amongst us, had condemned him to the cross, those that loved him at the first did not forsake him; for he appeared to them alive again the third day; as the divine prophets had foretold these and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him. And the tribe of Christians, so named from him, are not extinct at this day.

Much of this is pious fraud. That is these words were preserved solely by christian monks. Much of it such as "if it be lawful to call him man" and "He was the Christ" were added later by these translators. This is an other version of this source "At this time there was a wise man who was called Jesus, and his conduct was good, and he was known to be virtuous. And many people from among the Jews and the other nations became his disciples. Pilate condemned him to be crucified and to die. And those who had become his disciples did not abandon their loyalty to him. They reported that he had appeared to them three days after his crucifixion, and that he was alive. Accordingly they believed that he was the Messiah, concerning whom the Prophets have recounted wonders"

The Annals - Tacticus

Consequently, to get rid of the report, Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judaea, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome, where all things hideous and shameful from every part of the world find their centre and become popular. Accordingly, an arrest was first made of all who pleaded guilty; then, upon their information, an immense multitude was convicted, not so much of the crime of firing the city, as of hatred against mankind. Mockery of every sort was added to their deaths. Covered with the skins of beasts, they were torn by dogs and perished, or were nailed to crosses, or were doomed to the flames and burnt, to serve as a nightly illumination, when daylight had expired.
  • bless the child
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Wow this proves it!!!!! Another source writing about a Jesus Christ but cannot prove Jesus Christ. A man rises from the dead and there arent more than one source to substantiate these claims? I mean people rise from the dead everyday so I guess its not important to document it.
  • whar67
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Wow this proves it!!!!! Another source writing about a Jesus Christ but cannot prove Jesus Christ. A man rises from the dead and there arent more than one source to substantiate these claims? I mean people rise from the dead everyday so I guess its not important to document it.

As an atheist I do not believe Jesus rose from the dead, however this is pretty strong evidence that a person named Jesus did live and seems to have followers.
  • Large Dick Freddy
    Large Dick Freddy Members Posts: 87
    edited January 2010
    Options
    This again.......I DON'T CARE WHAT COLOR HE WAS
  • blue falcon
    blue falcon Members Posts: 128
    edited January 2010
    Options

I think Dr. William Lane Craig said it best here.
  • blue falcon
    edited January 2010
    Options
    This again.......I DON'T CARE WHAT COLOR HE WAS

Nor do I but some people among us namely the BHI's seem to not only care but base their world epistemology and theology not only on their color but the color of Jesus. If they are going to use the bible to lie I must say something about it.
  • sounds of jacob
    sounds of jacob Banned Users Posts: 166
    edited January 2010
    Options
    @ falcon i hope your a caucasian .. Lol youll see what color he is real soon when hes chopping your head off

if your a negroe stop bootlicking the white man stoled your black ass and brung you here hes going to pay !!
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    As an atheist I do not believe Jesus rose from the dead, however this is pretty strong evidence that a person named Jesus did live and seems to have followers.

You don't believe that a man can rise from the dead, but you believe that the universe just appeared out of nowhere by random chance? Wow. Talk about faith.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I believe in the existence of Jesus and it is for reasons irrelevant to the proof that is out there and maybe if I did my homework, maybe I could bring more of an insight to the cause. *However, I believe the search for proof of Jesus's existence (or the lack of it) is not even an issue in this discussion. *It is whether or not you can trust someone. *

Nowadays you can't just say,"take my word for it". *You can't say "believe me" or "trust me" because for the most part, that person is probably lying to you (whether intentionally or unintentionally). *So, even though we should be able to atleast show common logic and some science in what we know, *I feel as if logic and science is treated as a tool to sniff out the liars and the hypocrites. *We may have been betrayed before by those claiming ? and want to call them out on it. *Even if the research is done and found to be true, the issue still remains...can I place my trust in a person?
  • bless the child
    edited January 2010
    Options

This is true...
  • blue falcon
    edited January 2010
    Options
    @ falcon i hope your a caucasian .. Lol youll see what color he is real soon when hes chopping your head off

if your a negroe stop bootlicking the white man stoled your black ass and brung you here hes going to pay !!

Christ is going to cut white peoples heads off? LOL. You're a funny guy. But no I'm black, I'm not boot licking anybody but you guys use some very terrible proof text to show that Jesus is black.
  • whar67
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You don't believe that a man can rise from the dead, but you believe that the universe just appeared out of nowhere by random chance? Wow. Talk about faith.

I believe you can revive the recently departed using deflibalator and what not but not what is presented in the bible. I do not believe the universe appeared out of nothing. Random chance did play some role in the universe birth but much less than the natural process that contributed and drove it.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I believe you can revive the recently departed using deflibalator and what not but not what is presented in the bible. I do not believe the universe appeared out of nothing. Random chance did play some role in the universe birth but much less than the natural process that contributed and drove it.

Whar I really wonder how you come up with these notions. How can you not believe that the universe just appeared out of nowhere, when you deny that there's a ? ? It boggles my mind how you would rather believe random chance birthed this universe, instead of in the living and true ? . Now if I told you I just randomly threw up a blank stack of papers in a print office, walked out, and came back in 50 years to find a complete, bound dictionary as the result of my initial act, you would think I am crazy. But yet you believe that somehow a long, long, long time ago when there was absolutely nothing at all, somehow matter came into existence and then all of a sudden boom you have a universe. I mean im actually chuckling at this non-sense. It's completely ridiculous. You would rather degrade yourself and believe that you evolved from an animal than to believe that your are fearfully and wonderfully created. I mean come on whar! Your smarter than this. But ? does say that the wisdom of this world is foolishness to Him. And right now your caught in a web of foolishness. You know it deep down in your heart. You wont admit it right now. But I believe ? is working on you. I believe that 1 day the truth of ? will become real to you. So my prayers are with you. I want to see you at the resurrection of the just. ? bless
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I know a guy that was in a bad accident and according to him the doctors declared him dead 3 times so I believe it's possible. A better question question is do people believe Jesus died and rose again for the reasons that he said he would...for sin? If not, though being brought back to life is amazing in itself, his resurrection wouldn't mean anything.
  • purecomp
    purecomp Members Posts: 535
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm not a Hebrew Israelite, but I acknowledge the original Hebrews being black. There are countless times in history (secular and scriptural) where Hebrews are mistaken as Egyptians. It's common knowledge that Egyptians are black. Moses, Joseph, his brothers, etc. were all physically identical to African Egyptians. Fast forward to the new testament. Paul was mistaken for an Egyptian. That means that there was no "mixing" from the Old Testament to the New Testament. If Yah'shua's own people were mistaken for Egyptians long before and after he lived, that means that most likely he was the same color. Now, this doesn't mean he was dark black. He was not Ethiopian black. The Egyptians were black, but not crispy black. The hieroglyphics on the walls in Egypt show the color difference between whites, Egyptians, and Nubians. Whites were of course pale, Egyptians were dark brown, and Nubians were black.
  • blue falcon
    edited January 2010
    Options
    purecomp wrote: »
    I'm not a Hebrew Israelite, but I acknowledge the original Hebrews being black. There are countless times in history (secular and scriptural) where Hebrews are mistaken as Egyptians. It's common knowledge that Egyptians are black. Moses, Joseph, his brothers, etc. were all physically identical to African Egyptians. Fast forward to the new testament. Paul was mistaken for an Egyptian. That means that there was no "mixing" from the Old Testament to the New Testament. If Yah'shua's own people were mistaken for Egyptians long before and after he lived, that means that most likely he was the same color. Now, this doesn't mean he was dark black. He was not Ethiopian black. The Egyptians were black, but not crispy black. The hieroglyphics on the walls in Egypt show the color difference between whites, Egyptians, and Nubians. Whites were of course pale, Egyptians were dark brown, and Nubians were black.

1. Paul was also mistaken for a roman ? . You ever see statues of roman gods? They did not look black. And by the time Paul was around the Romans and Greeks had conquered egypt. The Ptolyemic dynasty was 400 years of white greek rule over egypt.

2. Where in scripture does it say that the hebrews were black?
  • whar67
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The example you give is impossible since there is no other way for a book to be assembled.

However if a threw a bunch of hydrogen and oxygen together I would not be surprised if they formed water.

If you place a bunch of hydrogen in one place I would not be surprised if heavier elements formed. This is how our sun works.

Put enough matter and gravity together and you will get a solar system.

When I am confronted by the unknown such what caused the big bang or how did life arise I do not retreat to the intellectauly indefensible position of ? but rather to the pattern the universe has seemed to laid out for me. Namely that natural processes without a divine hand can explain even these amazing events.
  • purecomp
    edited January 2010
    Options
    1. Paul was also mistaken for a roman ? . You ever see statues of roman gods? They did not look black. And by the time Paul was around the Romans and Greeks had conquered egypt. The Ptolyemic dynasty was 400 years of white greek rule over egypt.

2. Where in scripture does it say that the hebrews were black?

I never said that the scriptures state the Hebrews were black.
  • purecomp
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The example you give is impossible since there is no other way for a book to be assembled.

However if a threw a bunch of hydrogen and oxygen together I would not be surprised if they formed water.

If you place a bunch of hydrogen in one place I would not be surprised if heavier elements formed. This is how our sun works.

Put enough matter and gravity together and you will get a solar system.

When I am confronted by the unknown such what caused the big bang or how did life arise I do not retreat to the intellectauly indefensible position of ? but rather to the pattern the universe has seemed to laid out for me. Namely that natural processes without a divine hand can explain even these amazing events.

Notice the common factor of all your examples. Each effect has a cause. YOU had to throw hydrogen an oxygen together to make water. YOU had to put hydrogen in one place to form heavier elements. YOU had to put matter and gravity together to make a solar system. It didn't happen on it's own.
  • rapluva
    rapluva Members Posts: 232
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I heard that before but i've never been able to come up with those sources. You know of anywhere I can find them?

If U've "heard" of this before and you STILL r saying he didn't exist, this provez:

1. U wasted all that time "typing" about him not existing, which he DID!

2. If ya can't figure this simple thing out, how can ya figure/teach other important thingz in life??

3. U r a STUPID ? -FUKA GTFOH NOW!!!
  • blue falcon
    edited January 2010
    Options
    purecomp wrote: »
    I never said that the scriptures state the Hebrews were black.

oh your right you said in scripture jews were mistaken for egyptian. But there aren't "countless times" in the bible where this happens.