What players deserve a max contract in the NBA?

Options
Dick Shitman
Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
edited July 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
There's been talk of Amare and Bosh gettin max deals this summer and I don't think they deserve them.

Off the top, this is my list:

kobe
lebron
wade
melo
dwight
durant

Im sure im forgetting people.

add on

EDIT: not just people becoming FA's this summer. if every player in the league was a FA, which ones would deserve the max?

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i think Durant might be on his way.. he been playin for less than 2 years

CP3
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited February 2010
    Options
    naa u crazy....Bosh is 1 of those guys that deserve the Max contract IMO

Brook Lopez is going to deserve a max deal when it comes time....

i cant really think of any1 else....but i do tell u Andre Iguodala, Elton Brand, Samuel Dalembert, Ben Gordon, Charlie Villanueva all them ? is way overpaid
    Iguodala has a max deal i think, and he is definitely not a #1 option for a team that wants to win a ring
  • Dick Shitman
    edited February 2010
    Options
    naa u crazy....Bosh is 1 of those guys that deserve the Max contract IMO

Brook Lopez is going to deserve a max deal when it comes time....

i cant really think of any1 else....but i do tell u Andre Iguodala, Elton Brand, Samuel Dalembert, Ben Gordon, Charlie Villanueva all them ? is way overpaid
    Iguodala has a max deal i think, and he is definitely not a #1 option for a team that wants to win a ring

i cant see it. he's nice, no doubt, but if you give him max money, i cant see him taking your team to the finals or putting ? in seats
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I agree about Brook Lopez, his ceiling keeps raising
  • MillzOG
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    i cant see it. he's nice, no doubt, but if you give him max money, i cant see him taking your team to the finals or putting ? in seats

yea u rite....i'll give u that ? he is a legit 25/11 guy....but he'd need a dominant perimeter scorer to try and make a finals run
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options

you can say the same thing about a lot of the guys you mentioned, you think melo wil lead a team with no help?? a few other names i havent seen is dirk, cp3, and dwill
  • MillzOG
    edited February 2010
    Options
    you can say the same thing about a lot of the guys you mentioned, you think melo wil lead a team with no help?? a few other names i havent seen is dirk, cp3, and dwill

yo Melo has been to the playoffs every year since he came in the league....

his rookie year the best player on his team after Melo of course was Andre Miller, underrated, yes....but hes not much as your #2 guy
  • Dick Shitman
    edited February 2010
    Options
    yo Melo has been to the playoffs every year since he came in the league....

his rookie year the best player on his team after Melo of course was Andre Miller, underrated, yes....but hes not much as your #2 guy

pretty much. melo had them in the western playoffs at age 19, with miller as his second best guy

lebron and wade improved their teams dramatically their rookie year. bosh had had the gm of the year in colangleo helping him for the past couple of years and cant get past the first round. obviously this doesnt all go on bosh's shoulders, but i cant see him being the #1 option on a title contending team
  • MillzOG
    edited February 2010
    Options
    pretty much. melo had them in the western playoffs at age 19, with miller as his second best guy

lebron and wade improved their teams dramatically their rookie year. bosh had had the gm of the year in colangleo helping him for the past couple of years and cant get past the first round. obviously this doesnt all go on bosh's shoulders, but i cant see him being the #1 option on a title contending team

Wade had a nice team though....he had Lamar Odom and Caron Butler didnt he?....and Lebron team still aint make the playoffs and he stole that rookie of the year smfh...

But with Bosh, i dont really blame him....look at that team Colangelo put together, it would work if the main star of the team was Pau Gasol or some ? ....but Bosh aint tryna play the straight European style of ball where nobody cuts to the rack EVER and they play 0 defense...i think if Bosh was on this Cleveland team that Lebron has now I think they'd still be a championship contender (im not sayin they would be better)
  • Dick Shitman
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Wade had a nice team though....he had Lamar Odom and Caron Butler didnt he?....and Lebron team still aint make the playoffs and he stole that rookie of the year smfh...

But with Bosh, i dont really blame him....look at that team Colangelo put together, it would work if the main star of the team was Pau Gasol or some ? ....but Bosh aint tryna play the straight European style of ball where nobody cuts to the rack EVER and they play 0 defense...i think if Bosh was on this Cleveland team that Lebron has now I think they'd still be a championship contender (im not sayin they would be better)

yea, you right. they got odom the same year they got wade. i was thinking odom and butler were both there the season before. and yes, lebron getting ROY was a sham

colangelo tried to bring the suns style to the east, but calderon is no steve nash. then they made shaky deals like givin turk 50 million to keep bosh happy but none of its working. i just think if bosh goes somewhere this summer and tries to be the #1 guy the same thing will happen: playoff appearances, but nobodys really scared of the raptors. if he goes to be bron or wade's second guy, thats a title contender
  • freepostking
    freepostking Members Posts: 468
    edited February 2010
    Options
    LeBron & Dwyane Wade. That's it.
  • jayhi22
    jayhi22 Members Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    LeBron and Wade are the only ones that DESERVE it right now. Bosh and Amare just plain arent good enough to carry a team. Durant needs to get to the playoffs and show some ? cuz theres been a few times hes looked a little uncomfortable in crunch time (Still one of my faves tho). Melo is a very close #3. I dont put him up there since he doesnt really make his teammates better (Same argument for Durant). Dwight.. Ive seen improvement in his Offensive gm so he may leap frog Melo into that 3rd spot and be a Max player
  • jayhi22
    jayhi22 Members Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    No Kobe. Hes gettin old and hes breaking down. He probably wont be a max player anyways. He'll probably get a 3 yr extension like Duncan did.
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    durant, kobe, bron, wade, roy, melo, dirk
  • MoneyMack718
    MoneyMack718 Members Posts: 44
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Lebron, Kobe, Melo, Durant, CP3, Dwight, Timmy, Dirk, Nash, and that's about it
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Durant

• one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Durant, CP3, Lebron, Roy, Bosh, Wade
  • Carlos Bruise-Her
    Carlos Bruise-Her Banned Users Posts: 925
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Lebron, D wade, Bosh (his GM is terrible, it aint his fault), David Lee (6 year-80 million is fair imo). Thats it. Amare got inflated stats, and ? is playing for a contract
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Dwight doesnt seem to concerned with gettin better. only flashin goofy grins & swattin ? into the 3rd row for no reason when it could easily be a possession the other way
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options

i agree

bosh is that dude.....but he is no better than a second option or1b on a contender/consistent winner
  • Carlos Bruise-Her
    Carlos Bruise-Her Banned Users Posts: 925
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i agree

bosh is that dude.....but he is no better than a second option or1b on a contender/consistent winner
    They've surrounded him with wack ass white foreign players. What you expect to happen with that team?
  • MillzOG
    edited February 2010
    Options

They've surrounded him with wack ass white foreign players. What you expect to happen with that team?

smart man ^^^
  • MillzOG
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Dwight doesnt seem to concerned with gettin better. only flashin goofy grins & swattin ? into the 3rd row for no reason when it could easily be a possession the other way

u must not have been watchin ball since the allstar break, Dwight is showin that improvement...looks way more comfortable in the post
  • Dick Shitman
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Lebron, D wade, Bosh (his GM is terrible, it aint his fault), David Lee (6 year-80 million is fair imo). Thats it. Amare got inflated stats, and ? is playing for a contract

david lee, but no dwight?
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options

lthe raptors have a nice squad they just have no depth at all...its basically bosh, bargnani, hedo, jack and everybody else

let me rephrase what i said if bosh wants to win and contend right away he needs to tag along with another star like wade or lebron maybe durant....