What players deserve a max contract in the NBA?

2»

Comments

• Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Andray Blatche
  • Carlos Bruise-Her
    Carlos Bruise-Her Banned Users Posts: 925
    edited February 2010
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    david lee, but no dwight?
    Dwight is already signed for 5 years. I thought this thread meant players who are gonna be free agents
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Dwight is already signed for 5 years. I thought this thread meant players who are gonna be free agents

nah, my bad. i meant like, if everyone in the league was a free agent right now, which ones would deserve max money

i'll change the op
  • Carlos Bruise-Her
    Carlos Bruise-Her Banned Users Posts: 925
    edited February 2010
    Oh ok. Well then Id say in addition to what I posted
    Rondo
    Rose
    evans
    brook lopez
    deron williams
    cp3
    roy
    durant
    westbrook
    josh smith
  • TRiLL SMiTH
    TRiLL SMiTH Members Posts: 75
    edited February 2010
    Josh Smith, Joe Johnson<<<<Hawks Fan but so what Go ? yourself
  • Dick Shitman
    edited July 2010
    Josh Smith, Joe Johnson<<<<Hawks Fan but so what Go ? yourself

lol .
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    lol .

LOL must have been the hawks and knicks GM
  • Datdude87
    Datdude87 Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    pretty much. melo had them in the western playoffs at age 19, with miller as his second best guy

lebron and wade improved their teams dramatically their rookie year. bosh had had the gm of the year in colangleo helping him for the past couple of years and cant get past the first round. obviously this doesnt all go on bosh's shoulders, but i cant see him being the #1 option on a title contending team

yeah...the media seems to ignore the fact that it took until lebron got into his 3rd year for them to even make the playoffs. granted they got farther but hell...melo still shoulda won that rookie of the year award. he's been n the playoffs every year...n the west. dat ? aint easy.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Lebron,Wade, and When Ever Kevin Durant becomes a Free-Agent .....Them the only ? i think could put a team on there back.

im not Naming Kobe because he's in his 30's and he obviously wouldnt be getting another max deal.
  • Legend24
    Legend24 Members Posts: 689 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    LeBron
    Wade
    Bosh
    Melo
    Kobe
    D-Howard
    CP3
    Deron Williams
    Durant
    Dirk

Bosh is a max player, he can be the best player on a championship contender. Swap him in for Tim Duncan on the Spurs and they're still gonna be a contender. Put him on the Celtics instead of KG and they'll still make it to the finals. Replace D-Howard with Bosh and the Magic are still gonna be a top seed in the East. A big man usually can't carry a team by himself because they don't run the offense. Guys like Kobe, LeBron, CP3, etc who control the offense can take matters into their own hands and take over the team when they need to.
  • Dick Shitman
    edited July 2010
    Legend24 wrote: »
    LeBron
    Wade
    Bosh
    Melo
    Kobe
    D-Howard
    CP3
    Deron Williams
    Durant
    Dirk

Bosh is a max player, he can be the best player on a championship contender. Swap him in for Tim Duncan on the Spurs and they're still gonna be a contender. Put him on the Celtics instead of KG and they'll still make it to the finals. Replace D-Howard with Bosh and the Magic are still gonna be a top seed in the East. A big man usually can't carry a team by himself because they don't run the offense. Guys like Kobe, LeBron, CP3, etc who control the offense can take matters into their own hands and take over the team when they need to.

i dont know about that one. bosh would make orlando's offense better but orlando has success bc of what dwight does defensively. bosh doesnt bring that
  • Legend24
    edited July 2010
    i dont know about that one. bosh would make orlando's offense better but orlando has success bc of what dwight does defensively. bosh doesnt bring that

I see where you're coming from. I think Bosh's offensive game would make up for the losses on defense. No diss to Dwight but a polished offensive big man would wreck ? in Orlando. Bosh is a better passer as well and I think he'd be able to better utilize Orlando's perimeter shooters. I'd like to see Bosh on a decent defensive team... Toronto doesn't really play defense and I think that made Bosh's defense look worse than it actually is.
  • Dick Shitman
    edited July 2010
    I see where you're coming from. I think Bosh's offensive game would make up for the losses on defense. No diss to Dwight but a polished offensive big man would wreck ? in Orlando. Bosh is a better passer as well and I think he'd be able to better utilize Orlando's perimeter shooters. I'd like to see Bosh on a decent defensive team... Toronto doesn't really play defense and I think that made Bosh's defense look worse than it actually is.

i can agree with that. i've seen bosh played nice D at time and he has all the tools to be a good defender. interested to see how he does with whatever new teammates he gets
  • ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    derserves a max contract = hard to gauge to me. It depends on how much the player wants and how bad we need the player. If CP3 wants max money, i'd be more inclined to give it if he brings in fans, media, and wins > just two of just him bringing in media and fans. Wins will bring fans, i'll pay for winners > just names and stats
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Wade
    Melo
    LeBitch I mean Bron
    Kobe
    Dwight
    CP3
    D.Will
    Durant

and as far as dude who said replace KG with Bosh and Celtics still make finals. They definitely wouldn't and I'll leave it at that
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    MAX (and relax) Contract
    Muhammad Ollie
    Adam Morrison
    Tyronn Lue
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Social Security Squad
    Lindsey Hunter
    Kurt Thomas
    Greg Oden
  • Legend24
    edited July 2010
    rap doctor wrote: »
    Wade
    Melo
    LeBitch I mean Bron
    Kobe
    Dwight
    CP3
    D.Will
    Durant

and as far as dude who said replace KG with Bosh and Celtics still make finals. They definitely wouldn't and I'll leave it at that

Bosh is better than KG... explain how the Celtics wouldn't be just as successful with a younger version of Garnett.
  • sanman86
    sanman86 Members Posts: 162
    edited July 2010
    Wade
    Melo
    LeBitch I mean Bron
    Kobe
    Dwight
    CP3
    D.Will
    Durant

Close thread, I might add Derrick Rose to the list in the near future.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Bosh is better than KG... explain how the Celtics wouldn't be just as successful with a younger version of Garnett.

Bosh dosent even bring the intensity or defense of a old Garnett
  • Legend24
    edited July 2010
    Bosh dosent even bring the intensity or defense of a old Garnett

All things considered, Bosh is now better than Garnett.
  • damon03
    damon03 Members Posts: 493
    edited July 2010
    Oh ok. Well then Id say in addition to what I posted
    Rondo
    Rose
    evans
    brook lopez
    deron williams
    cp3
    roy
    durant