Options
    rakim ii wrote: »
    pretty much bone rubbing on bone...no atl

i lol'd..........
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I never liked that pick for them at the time. They didn't need a center with Gasol already there.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    thabeet2.png

He was talkin' all types of ? when he was dominating against non-elite competition....then this happened....

large_BIG-EAST-PLAYER-OF-THE-YEAR.03.10.09.jpg

thabeet-blair.jpg

nba_g_thabeet_576.jpg

? ain't been the same since.....
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited February 2010
    Options
    First off, Thabeet was a work in progress anyway. They got him because he's 7'3" and at the time they didnt have Z-Bo. Thabeet is a rookie and under NBA contracts the only years that are gauranteed are the first 2. After that, you get 2 years of team options. Thabeet isnt garbage, he just needs to get playing experience. And when you have an all star averaging 20 and 10, starting in front of you, you wont be getting off the pine anytime soon.

2nd, I like Monta Ellis, but be real. He plays in Nelly's system of shoot, shoot, shoot. There is no defense, there isnt even offensive plays. Mayo plays on an actual TEAM. He plays wit Z-Bo, Rudy ? , and Marc Gasol. It aint no way he's gonna be averaging 23 a game on that team. Mayo is more polished than Monta. He can actually play the 1 and the 2. And he has the potential to be a great defender. Monta Ellis gets to take any shot he wants because his team is garbage. That doesnt make him a better player. If you put Mayo on the Warriors he'd be a better fit because he'd play the 2 and Curry would play the 1.

Thabeet was a work in progress, but you dont take a work in progress with the #2 overrall pick when there are sure things left on the board.....and i know that the 2 years are only guaranteed but hes still getting like 4 or 5 million/year for those years, and if hes not gonna get any minutes on the squad why pay him that?!....

and i agree that Mayo plays on more of a balanced team, BUT....you gotta be crazy to say Mayo is more polished, even with those shots Monta puts up he averages close to 6 assists a game and hes playing the 2 spot anyway....and Mayo cant play the point guard any better than Ellis can, when has Mayo EVER been known to be unselfish?!....he was a 1 man show at every stop in his basketball life until he got the NBA, no way u gon be able to say he can play the point....but i still like Monta and Steph as a backcourt more than mayo and Steph....idk, i never was a big mayo fan anyway, but he went to USC so i see why u defendin him lol
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i told ? about Dejuan Blair...if he develops some moves, he'll be a double double machine in the Charles Barkely mode

i swear i dont understand....Dejuan Blair was Big east POY and went 2nd round

years back....Josh howard was ACC POY and got drafted last pick in the 1st round
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Thabeet had 19 pts,16 rebs and 6 blocks in his first D-League game

Is the D-League that bad? I mean damn how a ? non-existent in the league then go to the D-League and do that... Smh @ the D-League
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The BDB wrote: »
    Thabeet had 19 pts,16 rebs and 6 blocks in his first D-League game

Is the D-League that bad? I mean damn how a ? non-existent in the league then go to the D-League and do that... Smh @ the D-League

i remember when the d-league used to come on espn during the summer. we would watch that ? and laugh our ass off. some of those guys really are terrible