The real reason kobe changed his number (interesting read).......

Options
yroholla
yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
::DISCLAIMER: NO STANNING::

Yeah we all heard his reasons for changing his number("24 seconds on the shot clock, 24 hours in a day etc."). We even heard his detractors say he thinks hes better than Jordan so his number must be 1 higher than 23, hes looking for extra jersey sales (which may have a lil truth to it) etc etc.

After hittin the L and watching some old highlights it hit me.... you cant deny all the classic ? he did as number 8. the clutch shots, the chips, all star selections, 1st team selections, 81 points, being considered the best in the league etc etc.

Now this is assuming he wins another chip or even two playing on a consistantly high level.. hes trying to be the first great to Retire TWO jerseys. Hes already had a great start at number 24, being considered the best, 1 team selections, all star games,championship, finals mvp, finally won without shaq as the main man etc etc.

At the very least, even if they never retire two different kobe jerseys i guarantee it will be a debate maybe even heated. Once you see the arguments for and against it you cant help but compare what he did when he was no.8 and no.24. Just watching him today you can say no 24 kobe is different from no 8.

Not sure if any of this is profound enough for discussion but i figured id share with yall. lets discuss....

Comments