real ness Members Posts: 263
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'm surprised at how little people on here are versed on bikes
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Well you have to ask yourself...do you want a sportbike to ride??? Or one to pose around in and look cool for bishes. Secondly how long have you been riding are you a new rider or an experienced rider? Do you do a lot of canyon carving or track riding??
  • real ness
    real ness Members Posts: 263
    edited May 2011
    Options
    For a novice rider. Strictly for street. Won't be my main vehicle tho I got a car.

I'm jus sayin tho since it's called "let me ride" lol
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Grab a Kawi 636 2005-2006...beautiful bike, has a great torque curve which makes it ideal for the street. If you want a brand new bike...then the new ZX6R or Triumph 675 are great bikes. The Triumph would set you apart from the sea of CBRs, R6s, and Gixxers. Remember friends dont let friends ride Gixxers.
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    Grab a Kawi 636 2005-2006...beautiful bike, has a great torque curve which makes it ideal for the street. If you want a brand new bike...then the new ZX6R or Triumph 675 are great bikes. The Triumph would set you apart from the sea of CBRs, R6s, and Gixxers. Remember friends dont let friends ride Gixxers.

^^^^^^^^^

All true... I had a 636 and a CBR954... the 954 was a nice ride but I loved riding the 636 because it was sooo controllable. Nice torque band and good power made it a lot of fun to ride.
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Just picked up this Honda Fireblade for £4700, 1000cc top speed of 190mph... Wanted the 2005 model because the exhaust is under the seat and looks mad cool haha Only ride when its sunny, which in England aint to often!

photo-6.png

photo_2-1.jpg
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    real ness wrote: »
    For a novice rider. Strictly for street. Won't be my main vehicle tho I got a car.

I'm jus sayin tho since it's called "let me ride" lol

oh just seen its for a novice rider, in that case breda i would recommend honda cbr 600f sport... was my first 'superbike', great learner, as its quick but forgiving... check out the 2002 model, as its great value for money and got great reviews
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    like all sports bikes except some ducati's are under 20k
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sports bikes cost $20000?
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    go on the tail of the dragon
  • JJ 1975
    JJ 1975 Members Posts: 336
    Options
    Just picked up this Honda Fireblade for £4700, 1000cc top speed of 190mph... Wanted the 2005 model because the exhaust is under the seat and looks mad cool haha Only ride when its sunny, which in England aint to often!

photo-6.png

photo_2-1.jpg
    This is a sick bike!!! I wish I could ride again. I kept getting tickets for speeding!

• Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    if your gonna spend 20g's on a bike might as well get the BMW S1000RR or the Ducati 1199 Panigale, dont really ? wit them european bikes, the japanese bikes are easier to work on and parts dont cost as much

i have a gsxr 1000 if i would get another bike right know it would be the ZX-10 or 14, if i had the money it would

be one of them euro bikes, been ridin 6 yrs, depends on how long u been ridin wouldn't ? wit a 1000 if u havent

been ridin long, a lil 250 or even a 600 is a good starter bike, i started on a 600.
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this thread old as ?
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    JJ 1975 wrote: »

photo-6.png

photo_2-1.jpg
    This is a sick bike!!! I wish I could ride again. I kept getting tickets for speeding!

haha thanks, yeah they are a license killer, ive nearly lost my license a few times... i just bought a remus exhaust for it, so gonna get that fitted on in next couple weeks... also just bought a small license plate to tidy the back up a little...

bikes are fckn dangerous though, some ? nearly killed me last month, in return i tried to ? him! lol

i was coming alone a country lane, and a van pulled out in front of me, dude was on his cell phone and didnt look before he pulled out! luckily i saw he was on his phone and had a feeling he was gonna pull out, so i managed to stop in time... get this, i swore at him, and this ? swore back, i drove off, and dude over took me and slammed his breaks on, so i nearly hit back of him! i went ape ? , he sped off over a round about, so i followed him, trying to get him to pull over, but he ignored me, eventually 15mins later we came to set of traffic lights, so i hopped off the bike, went to open his door and drag him out and batter him, but the ? locked himself in, the lights changed, and he drove off, so i hopped back on and caught him at the next set of lights, and parked in front of his van so he couldnt drive off lol i was screaming at him to open his door and man up, people at the lights thinking im crazy, smashing at his side window trying to break thru, but the ? was all mouth, he got his phone to call police, so i took off his wing mirror, and left him with cracked side window, i tried to smash thru but that that ? is tuff lol on the real, that dude could of killed me twice, or even worse ? me for life, the ? is a danger to the road! hopefully now hes weary of bike riders
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the used bike game in the US is so ? tho

it's hard to buy a used bike from a private dealer that isn't stolen or refurbished
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never liked street bikes, a cruiser all day for me