Why is Evolution......

Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
So-DAMN-boring? This is rant.
Despite the substantial amount of evidence supporting it, I rather believe in something with absolutely no evidence. Perhaps I'm ignorant or delusional. Evolution serves no benefit to me. It's not like we can escalate or manipulate the process of evolution and grow a pair of wings to fly or gills to breathe under water. And unless I'm wrong, evolution doesn't really tell us where were going, its tells us where we came from. I rather believe in an all knowing ? and an cozy after-life, not because it provides comfort, but because it's just more interesting.

Comments

• Lambent
    Lambent Members Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Despite the substantial amount of evidence supporting it, I rather believe in something with absolutely no evidence. Perhaps I'm ignorant or delusional. Evolution serves no benefit to me. It's not like we can escalate or manipulate the process of evolution and grow a pair of wings to fly or gills to breathe under water. And unless I'm wrong, evolution doesn't really tell us where were going, its tells us where we came from. I rather believe in an all knowing ? and an cozy after-life, not because it provides comfort, but because it's just more interesting.

Well, in the far away future, things like that may be possible;e do to genetic engineering.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    edited May 2011
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    I wish I had chloroplast so I could perform photosynthesis

that would be cool.

theres no benefit to evolution. why we can't utilize evolution to prolong life and do other cool ? . Atleast with creationalism, we know that there is an after-life and repercussions for all evil doers.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    edited May 2011
    Lambent wrote: »
    Well, in the far away future, things like that may be possible;e do to genetic engineering.

yes. in the far away future. how does this benefit us? the current generation of humans will not reap it's benefits anyway. unless they can induce suspended animation and wake me up when it happens i don't give a ?
  • Lambent
    Lambent Members Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    yes. in the far away future. how does this benefit us? the current generation of humans will not reap it's benefits anyway. unless they can induce suspended animation and wake me up when it happens i don't give a ?

In some ways we already benefit from it by altering food.

http://www.bionetonline.org/english/content/ff_cont3.htm
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    edited May 2011
    Lambent wrote: »
    In some ways we already benefit from it by altering food.

http://www.bionetonline.org/english/content/ff_cont3.htm

not impressed. science sucks and its too slow
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    not impressed. science sucks and its too slow

So is waiting for jesus to return
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    edited May 2011
    So is waiting for jesus to return

Why do atheist assume your christian if you believe in a higher power? I'm not waiting on Jesus and never stated so. I'm waiting on the technological or spiritual advancements that'll bring us closer to ? or atleast closer to understanding ? . Everything is just so boring in this current age because we are held back by our own self-imposed limitations. Things could be a lot more exciting and interesting, and people in this current era just don't realize it. I swear I'm from the future sometimes and don't understand most humans and their feeble ambitions.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Why do atheist assume your christian if you believe in a higher power? I'm not waiting on Jesus and never stated so. I'm waiting on the technological or spiritual advancements that'll bring us closer to ? or atleast closer to understanding ? .

All good, didn't think you did really actually. There is no more advancements to be made by religion, its either get on the boat or get left behind, but eventually it will be too late. The only blockade between you and ? and understanding and wisdom is you.
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Who's to say that evolution is mutually exclusive to religion? I believe in both.

Anyways, if you're interested in history, science, anthropology, things like Social Darwinism, and even sexuality then you'd find evolution pretty interesting. I know I do. There's much more to it than fish genes.

evolution is supposed to be slow. it's mostly centered on the present's relationship with the past. It's like a history to me.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    edited May 2011
    All good, didn't think you did really actually. There is no more advancements to be made by religion, its either get on the boat or get left behind, but eventually it will be too late. The only blockade between you and ? and understanding and wisdom is you.

not necessarily religion but spirituality. religion gives you guidelines and imposes limitations on how you should worship or conceptualize ? . Meditation,prayer,fasting, etc. can only bring you so far to understanding ? .
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    edited May 2011
    Plutarch wrote: »
    Who's to say that evolution is mutually exclusive to religion? I believe in both.

Anyways, if you're interested in history, science, anthropology, things like Social Darwinism, and even sexuality then you'd find evolution pretty interesting. I know I do. There's much more to it than fish genes.

evolution is supposed to be slow. it's mostly centered on the present's relationship with the past. It's like a history to me.

Perhaps evolution is in its self is a direct result of an act of ? .
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011

It is probably for the same reason why some people feel that religion is boring. I like to believe that everybody, in some way shape or form, is looking for something to "wow" us. We want something to "believe" in; that will hold our attention and keeps us coming back; something to keep us "alive" because we are "dead" without it.

Evolution, as profound as it has been in it's discoveries, doesn't make everybody want to wait patiently for the next "big bang" for mankind. With religion with the plush heavens and fiery hells, the thrill goes as people start seeing how it doesn't really save people from their own self-centeredness...seeming to justify and intensify it.