• ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited March 2010
    fucc no dude
    try again never
  • midwest_messiah
    midwest_messiah Members Posts: 635 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    I've never really listened to much of Blackstar (as a group) so I really cant say.

www.soundclick.com/tbkbeats
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Blackstar lyrically slaughters OutKast. It's just the truthy truth. U keep it trilla at all times so I'm just stating fact
  • hnic1978
    hnic1978 Members Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    R U SERIOUS??????? IMO neither Talib Kweli or Mos Def can hold a candle to Andre 3000 one of the greatest rappers in the game PERIOD. And we aren't gonna talk about as a group. Outkast has 5 count them FIVE debatable classics. Based on who you ask you will get a different answer and some people think they're all classics. Don't get me wrong I have Talib Kweli and Mos Def (black on both sides is the ? ) albums but nah dogg..........not even close!!!
  • shadb33
    edited March 2010
    ? said Outkast got 5 classics...wtf...ATLiens and Aquemini the only classics...u can throw another one in there and make it 3...

between Mos Def and Talib their classics..

BOBS
    Blackstar
    Quality
    Train of Thought
  • hnic1978
    edited March 2010
    DAMN nah dogg u forgot southernplayalisticaddillacmusik and speakerboxx/love below also. But they're catalog is no way as strong as Outkast. Please show me how they have more classics than Outkast.
  • shadb33
    edited March 2010
    I just did foolio. Outkast debut isnt a univeral classic. and Speakerboxx bought that double album down to like a 4/5 stars....If Blackstarr kept makin group albms they woulda really been shittin on OutKast...
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    I cannot co-sign this thread
  • shadb33
    edited March 2010
    It was easily seen that Big Boi needs 3000 to make a great album...
  • shadb33
    edited March 2010
    Let's start posting up lyrics then...and compare the lyricism
  • mattee c
    mattee c Members Posts: 693
    edited March 2010
    I think Outkast is the better group. Eventhough I think 3 Stax is a better rapper than Big Boi, most of the time they stay pretty even and don't blatantly outshine each other. To me, Talib Kweli is much better than Mos Def. I will confess I'm much more familiar with Outkast's catalog though. So my opinion is probably slightly biased.
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Lyrically, they are about dead even....

Catalog-wise, Outkast >>>>> Blackstar

LMAO!!!l @ the poster that claim Kast got 5 debatable classics.
  • shadb33
    edited March 2010
    Cats sleep on Mos Def
  • hnic1978
    edited March 2010
    NO FOOLIO u haven't shown me ? !!!! The only thing u shown me is that no matter how much we show you that there is no way Black Star better than Outkast you still are gonna try (and fail) to prove your point. Where in the ? southernplayalistic is not considered a classic???? I bet you this more people consider that a classic over ANY of BlackStar single or group. Hell why you talkin NONE of their albums are considered universal classics!!!!!
  • NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
    NAWLEDGE_REIGNS Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Lyrically I Give It Mos And Talib
    Catalogue Wise I Give The Slight Edge To Outkast
  • ambiguous1
    ambiguous1 Members Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    this is a hardone... B/c ur talking catalogs.

IMO Mos and Talib have them on the lyrics point but Outkasty just makes damn good music all around.

IDK hard one to compare both are dop
  • shadb33
    edited March 2010
    ambiguous1 wrote: »
    this is a hardone... B/c ur talking catalogs.

IMO Mos and Talib have them on the lyrics point but Outkasty just makes damn good music all around.

IDK hard one to compare both are dop

rofl yea i kno...its like apples and oranges....they are two completely different groups plus Blackstar only came out with 1 album while OutKast havent made solo albums....i just made this thread to see what ? was gonna say lol
  • ambiguous1
    ambiguous1 Members Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    shadb33 wrote: »
    rofl yea i kno...its like apples and oranges....they are two completely different groups plus Blackstar only came out with 1 album while OutKast havent made solo albums....i just made this thread to see what ? was gonna say lol

lmao

in that case just b/c of my musical preferences i'd probably rather listen to an Blackstar album but would rather listen to a Talib solos album over any of the CD's put out by either camps
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    bruh..................
  • goat334
    goat334 Members Posts: 3,604 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    I cannot co-sign this thread
    ? nawl ? ...

Cosign..............
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Hell no, not on no level at all. Kast has everything a great artist should emcompass (style, individuality, lyrics, great beat selection, balance,etc). Black Star is cool but Talib doesn't have a drop of presence to him, Mos Def is pretty much why i check for Black Star, he can actually flow and doesn't force 3000 bars in verses.
  • AntonLATroy
    AntonLATroy Members Posts: 331
    edited March 2010
    Yamoley wrote: »
    Lyrically, they are about dead even....

Catalog-wise, Outkast >>>>> Blackstar

LMAO!!!l @ the poster that claim Kast got 5 debatable classics.

I can echo this sentiment, 5 classics LMAO
  • hnic1978
    edited March 2010
    I didn't say they had 5 classics i said that either 5 can be argured as classics. I give them 3 classics and 2 DAMN GOOD albums.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    No way. Outkast is much more versatile then Blackstar. They stay in there own lane while Outkast can ride to anything. Catalogue isnt even a debate.