Inside Obama’s "Orwellian World" Where Whistleblowing Has Become Espionage.....

bootsy_jenkins
bootsy_jenkins Members Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in The Social Lounge
National Security Agency whistleblower Thomas Drake faces 35 years in prison for espionage but isn’t actually accused of spying. Instead, he’s accused of holding on to classified documents in his basement that he says he didn’t know were classified. His trial is set to begin next month in U.S. District Court in Baltimore. The espionage charges are for allegedly leaking information to the press about the NSA's overspending and failure to properly maintain its large trove of domestic spy data. He was honored with the 2011 Ridenhour Prize for Truth-Telling.

Overall, The New Yorker magazine reports, the Obama administration has used the Espionage Act of 1917 to press criminal charges in five alleged instances of national security leaks—more such prosecutions than have occurred in all previous administrations combined. Gabriel Schoenfeld of the Hudson Institute said, "Ironically, Obama has presided over the most draconian crackdown on leaks in our history—even more so than Nixon."

"Now question, is every ? with dreads for the cause? Is every ? with golds for the fall? Naw, So don't get caught in appearance....." - Andre 3000 "Aquemini"

This verse always comes to mind when I think of Obama. My Brothers and sisters of color. When will you admit that Obama is not what he presented himself to be?

Comments

• BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    they crucifying caucasians for standing up to the system.
    its a wrap.
    but i always say that u have to judge a person for their actions not speeches or photo ops.
    however u need more than this to make a good case against obama.
    all politicians say what they need to say to get into office its in the game.
    thats why for the republican party they need someone who steps out with strong ideas and a good record to even have a chance of winning.
    i mean if we think china is the only country censoring or throwing people in jail for false charges...