addi the teacha
addi the teacha Members Posts: 167
edited June 2011 in R&B & Alternatives

Comments

• Super Lex
    Super Lex Members Posts: 460
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I don't really like this song but she about to dominate with this ? . This is the first video where I can actually see that she can dance.

Oh. And I wish she would quit with the blonde hair. She looking real white these days.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Here comes the black women hate with the power of 5000000000 Thors
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    No hate, but the song is ? and no rhythm
  • Super Lex
    edited May 2011
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    No hate, but the song is ? and no rhythm

No rhythm? How does it have no rhythm?
  • quietaskept
    quietaskept Members Posts: 333 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Beyonce has a way of doing the same things over and making it feel new. I feel like I've seen many parts of the video before. There were a couple of cool images like her on the horse and with the hyenas. My favorite part of the choreography was the dougie break down. The worst part was her at the beginning having a seizure. The song is horrible. IDK. I personally which she would change up her style, but I know that won't happen.
  • rip.dilla
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Super Lex wrote: »

I don't have to explain. The song is ? !
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Not feeling this song at all...
  • quietaskept
    quietaskept Members Posts: 333 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I don't have to explain. The song is ? !

Since you don't want to explain, I'll offer my opinion.

Watch the background dancers and you can see a difference. Beyonce can execute moves, but she's stiff. I wouldn't go so far as to say she can't dance, but her movements aren't as fluid as what I would consider a great dancer to have. Even when she was with Destiny's Child I wondered why she danced so hard; it's because she's forcing it.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'm a Bey fan...but this song is trash....beat has been done before...and its just awkward sounding.
  • earthling
    earthling Members Posts: 29
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Couldn't make it past the 1:30 minute mark...my niece would like this though...she's eight.

*Goes to listen to some Stevie.
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    What's up with Beyonce looking like Avril Lavigne?

bedd5b.jpg
  • Super Lex
    edited May 2011
    Options
    What's up with Beyonce looking like Avril Lavigne?

bedd5b.jpg

I don't know but I thought the ? was Britney Spears at first glance.
  • Super Lex
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Since you don't want to explain, I'll offer my opinion.

Watch the background dancers and you can see a difference. Beyonce can execute moves, but she's stiff. I wouldn't go so far as to say she can't dance, but her movements aren't as fluid as what I would consider a great dancer to have. Even when she was with Destiny's Child I wondered why she danced so hard; it's because she's forcing it.

*Ye shrug* She looked fine to me. You're talking about dancing though. The other poster said the song had no rhythm and didn't even explain what that meant. Makes it sound like some hating ass ? . I don't even like the song (its a 3 star song at best) but to say it has no rhythm just to say it.... is in fact some hating ass ? . Its like they said it just because they don't like it. I'm sure whoever can come up with a better reason not to like it than 'no rhythm'.
  • rip.dilla
    edited May 2011
    Options
    *Ye shrug* She looked fine to me. You're talking about dancing though. The other poster said the song had no rhythm and didn't even explain what that meant. Makes it sound like some hating ass ? . I don't even like the song (its a 3 star song at best) but to say it has no rhythm just to say it.... is in fact some hating ass ? . Its like they said it just because they don't like it. I'm sure whoever can come up with a better reason not to like it than 'no rhythm'.

LOL

I still stand by my statement

Its Beyonce Knowles. The song is ? and forgettable

Sadly, it will sell and blow the charts
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I don't like the route Beyonce is taking with her career. Instead of growing, her music steps backwards. Nice video.
  • rip.dilla
    edited May 2011
    Options
    It's like she's tryna compete with a massive force in the game now

Lady GaGa
  • blacklsoldier
    blacklsoldier Members Posts: 899
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ? a Beyonce, i'm looking at that latina chick dancing next to her on the left from 03:33 until.... Damn, mama can move!!!!!
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    If you take the first :50 seconds and watch it, then skip past all that dumb ? from :50 seconds - 1:43, then pick back up there...its a really good video.
  • soulatlantic
    soulatlantic Members Posts: 346
    edited May 2011
    Options
    the dancing is incredible... wow
  • rose.amoureux
    rose.amoureux Members Posts: 2,046
    edited May 2011
    Options
    LOL

I still stand by my statement

Its Beyonce Knowles. The song is ? and forgettable

Sadly, it will sell and blow the charts

The song actually tanked compared to her other songs. I dont think the video is going to be able to help this single.
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Song & video sucks. She's just trying too hard....maybe that's what it is that I dont like about her music/persona....
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Don't like the song or video but Bey's stamina is off the chain! She must be a beast in the sack.
  • blacklsoldier
    blacklsoldier Members Posts: 899
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Song & video sucks. She's just trying too hard....maybe that's what it is that I dont like about her music/persona....

But she always goes hard. In her videos and on stage... mmmm okay.
    *not aBeyonce fan post* However I can admit she doesn't ? off when it comes to performing!
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    SMH the blind hate for Beyonce is pathetic. I just saw the video and that ? went hard. People have been hating on that girl ever since "Survivor" like she doesn't put in work.
  • rip.dilla
    edited May 2011
    Options
    SMH the blind hate for Beyonce is pathetic. I just saw the video and that ? went hard. People have been hating on that girl ever since "Survivor" like she doesn't put in work.

Most people on here somewhat agree her first album is her best and highlighted her vocal range and abilities

From her second effort till now, everything has been meh

But she's more like a brand to me now than an artiste and one way or the other she gotta sell