[[NEW]] Beyoncé -" Run The World (Girls)" Video

Options

Comments

• BlaqueHoney01
    BlaqueHoney01 Members Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Most people on here somewhat agree her first album is her best and highlighted her vocal range and abilities

From her second effort till now, everything has been meh

But she's more like a brand to me now than an artiste and one way or the other she gotta sell

I agree with this statement.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    what can u say?? She's the Queen of pop she going to keep doing her and milkin that cash cow - she only got like 3 years left of that ? because her fans will be a older just like her, she's 29 so she got aleast 3 more years of that pop ? . Now i never copped her album and really haven't felt none of her songs excpet ME, MYSELF AND I than that was my shti real soulful like. She need to the thing Janet did, do some Pop ? sell records than when she really got grown, do some grown folks music. I'm waiting for her Janet or Velvet Rope album.

Until then *pops in Sol-angel and the Haley St.Dreams*
  • MonRoch
    MonRoch Members Posts: 73
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I don't like the route Beyonce is taking with her career. Instead of growing, her music steps backwards. Nice video.

i was thinking the same thing.
  • MonRoch
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ? a Beyonce, i'm looking at that latina chick dancing next to her on the left from 03:33 until.... Damn, mama can move!!!!!

? LMAOOOOOOOOO
  • MonRoch
    edited May 2011
    Options
    SMH the blind hate for Beyonce is pathetic. I just saw the video and that ? went hard. People have been hating on that girl ever since "Survivor" like she doesn't put in work.

they probably just don't like the video. it's ok. they aren't haters just because they say that don't like it. LOL
  • Cake4real
    Cake4real Members Posts: 815
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Don't care for the song , video is alright
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Wow she need to fire Jay-Z as her manager ASAP!
    This is not working, she is really starting to get annoying now.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    She just murdered this track on Billboards....I still dont like it...but I can see this going huge.
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    SMH the blind hate for Beyonce is pathetic. I just saw the video and that ? went hard. People have been hating on that girl ever since "Survivor" like she doesn't put in work.

That's the thing with Beyonce IMO. If I were offered tickets to a Beyonce concert along with any other female entertainer, I'd take the tickets to Beyonce's concert easily because I know it's going to be great show. If I had to choose between watching Beyonce's video and any other female entertainer, I'd choose Beyonce's. If I had to choose between Beyonce's album and any other female entertainer's album, there's quite a few of them I'd choose over Beyonce's (even her best album). She's a great singer and entertainer, but just doesn't have an album that showcases that IMO.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I was wondering how she would incorporate the major lazer "pon de floor" sample into the track. now that i hear it, its pretty much just a loop of the original song. and im guessing diplo or switch was responsible for the overall production of this one as well. this was ok. it really doesnt mesh with her vocals that well. but i was a fan of the original. in fact i used to play the hell out of that "guns dont ? people" album. i heard they were getting back together to make another one. ill be interested to hear how that turns out, seeing how they captured the reggae fusion vibe pretty well last time

But i see this as a good thing. at least now major lazer will obtain more fans courtesy of beyonce
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    She just murdered this track on Billboards....I still dont like it...but I can see this going huge.

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited May 2011
    Options
    That's the thing with Beyonce IMO. If I were offered tickets to a Beyonce concert along with any other female entertainer, I'd take the tickets to Beyonce's concert easily because I know it's going to be great show. If I had to choose between watching Beyonce's video and any other female entertainer, I'd choose Beyonce's. If I had to choose between Beyonce's album and any other female entertainer's album, there's quite a few of them I'd choose over Beyonce's (even her best album). She's a great singer and entertainer, but just doesn't have an album that showcases that IMO.

I saw Destiny's Child in concert on their final tour and yeah on stage Beyonce puts on a hell of a show...amazing entertainer...but you're right I can list more than a handful of artists whose actual music I would choose to listen to over hers based on the simple fact that the quality of her music has consistently gone down since her first album
  • quietaskept
    quietaskept Members Posts: 333 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    what can u say?? She's the Queen of pop she going to keep doing her and milkin that cash cow - she only got like 3 years left of that ? because her fans will be a older just like her, she's 29 so she got aleast 3 more years of that pop ? . Now i never copped her album and really haven't felt none of her songs excpet ME, MYSELF AND I than that was my shti real soulful like. She need to the thing Janet did, do some Pop ? sell records than when she really got grown, do some grown folks music. I'm waiting for her Janet or Velvet Rope album.

Until then *pops in Sol-angel and the Haley St.Dreams*

Sol-angel goes hard. Can't wait for her next release. Dangerously in Love is the only Beyonce album I have bought. Being that she is doing a new sound, I may check out 4. It's undeniable that Beyonce has talent and she has accomplished a lot with the type of music she markets. Knowing what her voice is capable, I can't help but want more Me, Myself and I and Speechless.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    focus wrote: »

GOAT award performance??? I think the argument can be made
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The only people who i hear ? about the type of music she makes is the traditional r and b listeners. She doesn't make that type of music because she is more than that, if we are being honest. Can you imagine MJ making only "you are not alone" type music his whole career, you would take away the dancing and entertainment aspect of her career. The Single Ladies, Upgrade U, and Run the world are what put ? in the seats, not Flaws and All, Resentment,etc.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    The only people who i hear ? about the type of music she makes is the traditional r and b listeners. She doesn't make that type of music because she is more than that, if we are being honest. Can you imagine MJ making only "you are not alone" type music his whole career, you would take away the dancing and entertainment aspect of her career. The Single Ladies, Upgrade U, and Run the world are what put ? in the seats, not Flaws and All, Resentment,etc.

Spoken like a true Industry merchant
  • usmarin3
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Spoken like a true Industry merchant

Imagine that, the music business. The business of selling music!
  • rip.dilla
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Imagine that, the music business. The business of selling music!

Yeah, she's just a brand now, like GaGa

her skin tone is nearing MJ status now even
  • usmarin3
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Yeah, she's just a brand now, like GaGa

her skin tone is nearing MJ status now even

It takes a brand to sell albums nowadays if you haven't notice. ? MJ was a brand too!

As for that skin tone nonsense, the ? always been light skin, i don't know wtf ur yapping about. Sound like one of them hoes on Bossip, who try to find the dumbest ? to nitpick on.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Who run this ? !? oh!
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Sol-angel goes hard. Can't wait for her next release. Dangerously in Love is the only Beyonce album I have bought. Being that she is doing a new sound, I may check out 4. It's undeniable that Beyonce has talent and she has accomplished a lot with the type of music she markets. Knowing what her voice is capable, I can't help but want more Me, Myself and I and Speechless.

I cant' wait for her next release too, but i hope Sean Carter dont ? her flow up and try to make her go pop since they saying she's being managed by Roc Nation iwith Bey
  • rip.dilla
    edited May 2011
    Options
    It takes a brand to sell albums nowadays if you haven't notice. ? MJ was a brand too!

As for that skin tone nonsense, the ? always been light skin, i don't know wtf ur yapping about. Sound like one of them hoes on Bossip, who try to find the dumbest ? to nitpick on.

My ? no need arguing with you, you cape for both husband and wife

Kudos
  • tam
    tam Members Posts: 903
    edited May 2011
    Options
    She killed it at the billboard awards, but that song is trash for a "29" yr old.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
  • JadaRoss
    JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options