Drake: So far gone vs kid cudi: Man on the moon

Options
Serious Juice Mayne
Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in The Face Off Forum
So Far Gone Mixtape and Man on the Moon. Both Debuted in 2009, both are extremely eclectic with varying musical genres intermeshed, both feature artists who sing and rap and both feature up and coming artists. Which one do you think is better? Which one weaved hip hop into other genres the best? Which had the best production, the best lyrics, the best singing, etc…?

Comments

• ctrices
    ctrices Members Posts: 2
    edited December 2009
    Options
    So Far Gone no doubt
  • West Brooklyn II
    West Brooklyn II Members Posts: 124
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Man on the Moon. It had more of an original vibe and showed more artistry than So Far Gone
  • Tha Originator
    Tha Originator Members Posts: 277
    edited December 2009
    Options
    so far gone was the best collection of music put out this year IMO and it was a breath of fresh air
  • Stone Cold (FPC)
    Stone Cold (FPC) Members Posts: 9
    edited December 2009
    Options
    SMMFH!!! Them words look, uh- borrowed. If u gonna jack a thread dont take it word for word idiot.

2rcx6af.jpg
  • Tha Originator
    Tha Originator Members Posts: 277
    edited December 2009
    Options
    SMMFH!!! Them words look, uh- borrowed. If u gonna jack a thread dont take it word for word idiot.

2rcx6af.jpg

damn thats a fail i didnt even noticed that ? and i posted in both threads LOL damn T/S takes an L and makes the already ? IC look even worse ...........
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2009
    Options

2rcx6af.jpg
    I don't give a ? ? . Y'all threads will be jacked . DEAL WITH IT
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Man on the moon in 5 years will be a classic album
  • The Illest Corpse
    The Illest Corpse Members Posts: 402
    edited December 2009
    Options
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2009
    Options
    So Far Gone>>>Man on the Moon
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Man on the moon - original, eclectic, musical masterpiece filled with great lyrics covering topics never covered in this genre before. This album will be def classic in 5 years. Drake made just solid rap-pop album with ? ass hooks.
  • ziggiy
    ziggiy Members Posts: 46
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Man On The Moon has NO replay value to me whereas I bump So Far Gone a few times a week. In my opinion SFG did MUCH better at capturing a diverse musical climate, drake literally has a song for EVERY fan of the genre. You wanna hear him spit that raw ish? Say What's Real, The Calm, Successful. You wanna hear some ? for the females? Brias interlude, brand new, ect. You wanna hear something to bump in your car? Uptown, november 18th, ignan ? , you wanna hear him get honest? Fear, ? for life, houstatlantavegas,ect. Plus he had a MAMMOTH hit in Best I ever had. Cudi by comparison kinda had ONE vibe throughout his joint, depressing woah is me rap and that doesn't make it a bad album just a one dimensional one....
  • Monizzle
    Monizzle Members Posts: 1,666
    edited January 2010
    Options
    so far gone just shows you that drake just doesn't have what it takes to be a full time rapper he has some great lines and some great features but hes not consistent. He cant spit more than 1 to 2 verses without help or R&B fillers. This is excatly why thank me later isnt gunna be released till later because hes playing the i need more features card. Remember back in the day when artists like nas had their first album without any major features, granted i was only 4 but as i listend to illmatic for the first time a few years ago i was amazed as how he did it without help and bailout hooks and verses from major artists.
  • brazilblur
    brazilblur Members Posts: 668
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'm going to say man on the moon! Just for soundtrack 2 my life, that songs just crazy, drakes Will probably become more popular but I thought cudi owned 09
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Man on the Moon, I don't think I bumped Drakes mixtape twice that ? wasn't worth talking about
  • krow132
    krow132 Members Posts: 1,033 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    So Far Gone no question. I bumped that mixtape everyday for a month. Some days two or three times. Thats how dope I thought it is.

Its up there with Mood Music 2 to me as far as classic mixtapes.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    both are ? rap
  • krow132
    krow132 Members Posts: 1,033 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I like how dudes act like Drake doesn't have lyrical talent. Dude went off on Say Whats Real and outdid Wayne on Ignant ? . And Wayne's verse was fire too.
  • Ajax McJones
    Ajax McJones Members Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    krow132 wrote: »
    I like how dudes act like Drake doesn't have lyrical talent. Dude went off on Say Whats Real and outdid Wayne on Ignant ? . And Wayne's verse was fire too.

they both annoy the ? out of me but drake can rap a little better methinks
  • Age187
    Age187 Members Posts: 72
    edited March 2010
    Options
    So Far Gone by a mile. It was just much more cohesive and it had better production. Plus, Kid Kudi is under the mistaken impression that he can sing.
  • raphaelmercury
    raphaelmercury Members Posts: 70
    edited March 2010
    Options
    man on the moon was one of the best albums of 09, it was so different, i didnt really like it at first but after the second and third listen each track grows on u and u r forced to appreciate it, so it wins this one and so far gone was only 7 songs, we'll see whats up when drakes album drops tho, whenever that is
  • duckmanpig
    duckmanpig Members Posts: 428
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Man on the moon, duh! Anyone sayin sfg was more cohesive obviously didnt listen to cudders' album
  • KAPTAINKOOL
    KAPTAINKOOL Members Posts: 1
    edited April 2010
    Options
    How does a top ten include Nicki Minaj....she doenst even have a leaked album out
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ??? Very strange comparison here.... no matter how you explain it these two are nothing alike.

I like Cudi more so i'll pick Man on The Moon even though So Far Gone was probably better. Yes it's dumb, but really ? So Far Gone. It's overrated as hell and Comeback Season ? on it from every direction.