John Lennon - "The woman is the ? of the world" interview

Options
stupot0607
stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in The Social Lounge

John lennon gives an interview on his views on women in society. Also breaks down his opinion on the N Word

"If you define ? as someone whose life style is defined by others, who's opportunities are defined by others, whose role in society is defined by others, then good news! - you dont have to be black to be a ? in this society. most of the people in america are ? "

R.I.P John Lennon

Comments

• shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Lennon was a self-righteous pretentious ? . Good thing someone shot him.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ***********applause**********************
  • stupot0607
    edited May 2011
    Options
    didnt realise there was such hate for Lennon............
  • Stack Money
    Stack Money Members Posts: 994 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    shootemwon wrote: »
    Lennon was a overrated self-righteous pretentious ? . Good thing someone shot him.
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    stupot0607 wrote: »
    didnt realise there was such hate for Lennon............

I didnt either, but I'm glad because he is too overrated and he deserves most of it. He was also a bit pretentious imo. And I think he played favorites with his kids. He abandoned his first wife. He was extremely rude. And he treated Paul McCartney (also a ? in some regard) like ? and tried to steal his credit in songwriting.

I'm not saying that he deserved to get shot. He was intelligent and funny. And there's some truth to that song's message but lets not go and victimize women as if they are helpless angels.
  • stupot0607
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Plutarch wrote: »
    I didnt either, but I'm glad because he is too overrated and he deserves most of it. He was also a bit pretentious imo. And I think he played favorites with his kids. He abandoned his first wife. He was extremely rude. And he treated Paul McCartney (also a ? in some regard) like ? and tried to steal his credit in songwriting.

I'm not saying that he deserved to get shot. He was intelligent and funny. And there's some truth to that song's message but lets not go and victimize women as if they are helpless angels.

Im too young to have known what he is like (although i grew up with a couple of beatles albums) and i know he had problems with mccartney. john lennon got some great songs imo. and did stand for something (which is more than any pop star of today). i respect his musical legacy.

i agree what you said about helpless angels haha. they can stand on their own 2.

But i wouldnt disrespect a dead man.
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Im too young to have known what he is like (although i grew up with a couple of beatles albums) and i know he had problems with mccartney. john lennon got some great songs imo. and did stand for something (which is more than any pop star of today). i respect his musical legacy.

i agree what you said about helpless angels haha. they can stand on their own 2.

But i wouldnt disrespect a dead man.

Yeah, I'm too young to know what he really was like too. My criticisms are only based on things that I've heard, read, and seen, mostly from people who were close to him. I also once read that he beat up one of his friends pretty badly at a party because the friend had made an innocent ? joke about him. But then again, I think he was ? at the time so...

But yeah, he did have some great songs. I don't particularly like hippies but I can be down with anyone who advocates peace and love. And I do respect his musical legacy.

There's little to no excuse for straight disrespecting a dead (or living) man. But being real or offering valid criticisms is entirely different imo.
  • Jesus Jackson
    Jesus Jackson Members Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    this ? lennon was a simp how you gonna let an average chinese broad break up the band

c mon son step you elanor rigby game up

Yoko Ono = JAPANESE
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    SMH @ Lennon defining what a ? is when he never had to live like one, be called one or be treated as such. ? is more than a bit pretentious.
  • bunz
    bunz Members Posts: 1,000
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Beatles are the best to do it.... john's solo career, not so much
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

"If you define ? as someone whose life style is defined by others, who's opportunities are defined by others, whose role in society is defined by others, then good news! - you dont have to be black to be a ? in this society. most of the people in america are ? "

Thats a real ass statement.........Lennon got clapped up for speaking real ? , he knew too much after all him & his cronies were the brainchild of the tavistock institute ie. the crackers that are responsible for most of our culture in america.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Thats a real ass statement.........Lennon got clapped up for speaking real ? -
    no, he got shot for being a ? rock star with obsessive fans
  • im_lux
    im_lux Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    lol ? hate lennon and half probably weren't even alive before he died. Interesting. Thats like a 13 year old saying he hates tupac...really ? ?
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited May 2011
    Options
  • bunz
    bunz Members Posts: 1,000
    edited May 2011
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    no, he got shot for being a ? rock star with obsessive fans

no, he actually got shot by chance.... a complete psychopath shot him to gain the approval of jodie foster... he saw taxi driver and became obsessed with her, than used that mentality to think he could get her..... he decided, what better way to get her attention than to ? a big celebrity??? he did research and found out that the two most accessible, BIG celebrities of the time were john lennon and elizabeth taylor.... john lennon happened to be in new york, so he chose lennon..... SIMPLE AS THAT.... no conspiracy, no nothing... the guy who killed him was not killed like oswald, he still rots in a private cell in the pych ward.... as a matter of a fact, his parole was denied very recently....everyone talking this dumb ? why he got killed but no one bothered to research it???? big surprise...
  • shootemwon
    edited May 2011
    Options
    bunz wrote: »
    no, he actually got shot by chance.... a complete psychopath shot him to gain the approval of jodie foster... he saw taxi driver and became obsessed with her, than used that mentality to think he could get her..... he decided, what better way to get her attention than to ? a big celebrity??? he did research and found out that the two most accessible, BIG celebrities of the time were john lennon and elizabeth taylor.... john lennon happened to be in new york, so he chose lennon..... SIMPLE AS THAT.... no conspiracy, no nothing... the guy who killed him was not killed like oswald, he still rots in a private cell in the pych ward.... as a matter of a fact, his parole was denied very recently....everyone talking this dumb ? why he got killed but no one bothered to research it???? big surprise...

Actually you're completely wrong. You're referring to the guy who shot Ronald Reagan, you ? ? .
  • shootemwon
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    didn't the guy who shot lennon think he was john lennon?

The guy who shot John Lennon was a hero. No reason to worry about why exactly he did the heroic deed.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The guy who shot John Lennon was a hero. No reason to worry about why exactly he did the heroic deed.

LOL...Could you give a summary as to why you hate John Lennon so much?
  • shootemwon
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    ^ thats foolishness

I wouldn't expect a Canadian to understand.
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    That white ? John Lennon got his helmet smooshed by a nutjob....gots to be mo' careful.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited May 2011
    Options
    no, he actually got shot by chance.... a complete psychopath shot him to gain the approval of jodie foster... he saw taxi driver and became obsessed with her, than used that mentality to think he could get her..... he decided, what better way to get her attention than to ? a big celebrity??? he did research and found out that the two most accessible, BIG celebrities of the time were john lennon and elizabeth taylor.... john lennon happened to be in new york, so he chose lennon..... SIMPLE AS THAT....
    well, two things. first:
    Actually you're completely wrong. You're referring to the guy who shot Ronald Reagan, you ? ? .
    ...which would be John Hinckley, who stalked a couple of people (Carter, then Reagan), but meant to shoot the guy he did.

second, Mark David Chapman went to New York specifically to ? Lennon. he was obsessed with Catcher in the Rye. which means you got completely worked up about a fictional version of the shooting that doesn't even work with EITHER actual shooting.
  • Stack Money
    Stack Money Members Posts: 994 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    u-mad-11518-1298062748-1.jpg

2hd62kw.jpg..........
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    lol somebody explain this newfound lennon hate

and catcher in the rye was a wack ass book...I can understand why it was hyped back in the day, but when I read it in 11th grade that ? was absolute butt cheeks to me
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The choice of words is terrible but I can see what he was trying to say....
  • shootemwon
    edited May 2011
    Options
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    lol somebody explain this newfound lennon hate

and catcher in the rye was a wack ass book...I can understand why it was hyped back in the day, but when I read it in 11th grade that ? was absolute butt cheeks to me

Catcher in the Rye is a children's book. You should have been tackling some adult reading by 11th grade.

And there's nothing new about people realizing Lennon is a ? . I guess you're just late.