Am I the only one upset about this x men movie?

Mdizzle9000
Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in Quite Comical
i aint no nerd or nothin, but i was always a fan of the x men and these changes are ? , like how you make havoc cyclops' father instead of his brother???? how you not have jean gray and cyclops in the first place when they was the first x men? who the ? wanna see xzavier and magnus all young n ? . ? this movie.

Comments

• funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    i aint no nerd or nothin, but i was always a fan of the x men and these changes are ? , like how you make havoc cyclops' father instead of his brother???? how you not have jean gray and cyclops in the first place when they was the first x men? who the ? wanna see xzavier and magnus all young n ? . ? this movie.
    See, that's the thing right there (And I agree with you): Majority of the people who go see the X-Men or superhero movies in general, have no clue about that said superhero, so it doesn't affect them.

At least that's the only reason I have because anyone who says that that Wolverine movie was good is an idiot.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011

? i didn't know they did that one...ya ? this movie for real
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    I heard its pretty damn good.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    im like this With the X-Men and Transformer Movies, im Real Technical with ? , and some folks will say "You Trippin those movies were dope" i just remember the story plots on how they were originally laid out , then all of a sudden they wanna switch ? all the way up.....to me it just ? it up...

i dunno i just get annoyed by ? like that.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    It looks wack.. on some Xmen the college years ? like holly wood actors posing in customes.. for a photoshoot.. idk i just dont dig the vibe
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    ? looks hella corny.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    cyclops isnt even it it? lmao
  • robdaze151
    robdaze151 Banned Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    If you're upset enough to make a rant thread about it then you are a nerd. Don't be upset, join the club, embrace your inner- nerd. that being said i've been ? since the end of part 2 although it was good I wanted it to follow the storyline. i think if you just look at this as an alternate universe and put the fact hat the producers don't have a clue about what they're doing and don't give a ? about diehard fans then it may be a little stomachable. either way I will be bootlegging the ? out of this just like I did with the wolverine origins ? .
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    This is basically ? in fans face. They dont have to follow comic storylines, but dont rewrite history. This will alienate fans that made the comic successfull to begin with
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    I didnt see Wolverine but for the most part all the 3 xmen movies been weak. The only dope part was NightCawler in XMEN 2 in the White House other than that the movies were ehh...
  • robdaze151
    edited May 2011
    The Jamel wrote: »
    i'd want to see a Magneto: Origins type movie...

just to see him as a child coming into his powers in Auschwitz...
    Yeah with the opening scene in the first one I just knew they'd do an origins on him
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    I didnt see Wolverine but for the most part all the 3 xmen movies been weak. The only dope part was NightCawler in XMEN 2 in the White House other than that the movies were ehh...
    agreed Ice man & nightcrawler made part 2
    wolverine: "who's he?"
    Nightcrawler: " I am Kurt Vagner but in the munich circus I was known as the incredible Nightcraw..."
    Wolverine " yeah, whatever"
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    X-2 is one of the best Marvel Comics based films. Yeah, it made some ? changes and didnt completely follow the the book but ? it, its a pretty good, solid movie on its own merit.
  • robdaze151
    edited May 2011
    shenanigans
    Marvel Movies that trumped X-Men franchise
    Spiderman
    Punisher 1 & 2
    Ironman
    Blade 1-3
    and kickass
  • TimroD
    TimroD Confirm Email Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    gotta cosign the ppl that said x2 was the only aight x-men movie
    i wont judge the new one b4 i saw it
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Blade 3.. garbage..
  • robdaze151
    edited May 2011
    not the best of the blade series but some pretty badass fight choreography.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Havoc as Scott's father? Wack sauce.Movie is certainly a download now.
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    robdaze151 wrote: »
    shenanigans
    Marvel Movies that trumped X-Men franchise
    Spiderman 2
    Ironman 1
    Blade 1 and 2

Fixed that for u, Bruh.
  • robdaze151
    edited May 2011
    nah dude kickass was way better and the punisher was also. I'm a fan of brain busting and those two had a lot of it
  • robdaze151
    edited May 2011
    and did anybody see the character trailers?
    Why the ? they got that ? Havoc doing a ? ass hula dance before he throws his energy blast?
    Who thought that ? was cool?
    What the ? is up with that ? ? ?
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    I'm still gonna see that ? , but with all these Hollywood superhero movies you can't ever expect them to be good. They always change ? around and disappoint the real die hard fans who grew up and knows the real story.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    CMac wrote: »
    I'm still gonna see that ? , but with all these Hollywood superhero movies you can't ever expect them to be good. They always change ? around and disappoint the real die hard fans who grew up and knows the real story.

And thats what exactly ? me off to, cuz i look forward to the actual story that i know it to be not some random switched up ? ...

And this movie looks corny as ? , Mystique outfit is laughable and amatuer as hell looking..

i'd rather producers and etc. team up and do a bunch of individual Orgin movies, like how Wolverine had his own and they just keep doing that with the more popular characters or most interesting characters...

nobody gives a ? about a Banshee

i've actually disliked all the X-Men movies besides the Wolverine joint....

i just enjoy when great potential is there for it to be taken advantage of , these movies are always average to below average to me...
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Just got back from it. The acting was pretty cool, but they did the whole switcheroo in places and ? it a bit.

Spoilers ahead...

Darwin is the first to die via Sebastian Shaw feeding him the energy of Havoc's Hula Hoops of Death. Seriously. Havoc starts off projecting hula hoops of death. Darwin apparently cannot adapt to the energy, so, like anyone else, he turns to ash and then burns out.

Emma Frost turns to Diamond. Or not. Magneto crushes her diamond throat until it cracks using a brass headboard. No, I'm not kidding. Brass > Diamond.

Zoe Kravitz is the first to jump ship, and her motivation is as simple as "the guards look at her harsher than men did when she was a stripper." Wow.

Wolverine cameo was hilarious.

Beast looked like the Cowardly Lion from the original Wizard of Oz dyed blue. Up until that point, his big foot/human appearance was a good fit.

Mystique as a rejected lover of Charles who settles for Magneto = wack sauce no matter how it's stirred.

Magneto and Prof. X leads were done justice. Not really feeling Xavier as the drunken frat boy/idealist, but it didn't impose too much on the story.

Kevin Bacon did his thing as Sebastian Shaw. Really wish he didn't die, but I love the exchanges with him and Magneto in the sub.

How do you drop a submarine with a nuclear reactor room full of mirrors that blocks out a telepath, but none of the mirrors shatter?

Nightcrawler's Dad = the ? .

Back to Mystique, shout out to Rebecca Romijn making a cameo and still looking hot. Thumbs down to the girl who played the part looking like a 6-foot-tall infant in the face but like a grown woman in the body. Lol@new Mystique being hideous in the blue skin but R.R. still being fuckable.

All in all, I get the changes. Darwin's ability, if taken from the comics, could've ended everything in one go. The movie felt like a setup for the Magneto and Xavier movies more than anything though.